Home > Tooth infection > Penicillin-vk > Penicillin-vk for Tooth infection
How effective is Penicillin-vk for Tooth infection (Tooth abscess)?
Overall ratings: 3.0/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Penicillin-vk (penicillin v potassium) is for Tooth infection. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 19 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Penicillin-vk for Tooth infection >>>
What is Penicillin-vk
Penicillin-vk (latest outcomes from 256 users) has active ingredients of penicillin v potassium. It is often used in tooth abscess.
Tooth infection (pus formation in tooth) (latest reports from 103,106 patients) can be treated by Amoxicillin, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Penicillin-vk, Metronidazole, Cephalexin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen.
On Nov, 21, 2014: 19 people are studied for taking Penicillin-vk in Tooth infection
Penicillin-vk effectiveness for Tooth infection (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Penicillin-vk for Tooth infection * :
|Tooth infection||78.95%||21.05% |
Age of people who take Penicillin-vk for Tooth infection * :
|Tooth infection||0.00%||5.26%||0.00%||5.26%||36.84%||21.05%||26.32%||5.26% |
Who find Penicillin-vk more effective for Tooth infection?
Gender of people who find Penicillin-vk more effective * :
|Tooth infection||83.33%||16.67% |
Age of people who find Penicillin-vk more effective * :
|Tooth infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||16.67%||50.00%||0.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Why does penicillin make you bloated and give you stomach pain?
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Ears, Nose, Throat Infection, and takes Penicillin-vk)
I've been taking prescribed penicillin for an ears, nose, throat infection and Tylenol for pain. I'm starting to feel better so no longer need Tylenol. I am now have stomach pain/cramps and my stomach is bloated.
- Is it safe to use both drugs together?
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Dry Cough From Head Cold, Throat Infection, and takes Symbicort, Penicillin V Potassium)
More questions for: Penicillin-vk, Tooth infection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Penicillin caused dysuria, frequency, urgency
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Dysuria, and takes Pen-vee K)
Urinary symptoms began 2-3 days after beginning Pen-V-K by mouth. Did not have these previously.
- Penicillin vk induced drowsiness
(Posted by a 28 year old man who has Pain - Ear, and takes Acetaminophen, Penicillin-vk)
I have been taking Penicillin VK and Acetaminophen for a severe pain I had been feeling in my ear. It's been 48 hours since I started taking them. Within the first 24 hours the pain had calmed down and I was feeling normal. However, since day 2 started, I have been feeling really drowsy. I keep fall ...
More reviews for: Penicillin-vk, Tooth infection
Recent studies of taking Penicillin-vk in Tooth Infection (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a patient with Tooth Abscess. The patient has Abdominal Tenderness
Comments: no loose stools or other side effects until 10th day of treatment.Pain has centralized to right lower quadrant.
- A study of side effects of Penicillin for a patient with Tooth Abscess. The patient has Swelling Face
Comments: Nose bleeds also swelling if the throat and chest
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Vistaril, Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Tooth Infection. The patient has Heartburn
Comments: 5 minutes after taking clindamycin hcl, i had heartburn so bad i though i was gonna puke. it was very painful and when i burped i threw up in my mouth and it tasted horrible.
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Vitamin D, Calcium, Balsalazide Disodium, Penicillin V Potassium, Naprosyn for a patient with Ulcerative Colitis, Calcium Absortion, Bone, Infection - Fungal - Body, Inflammation
Comments: I have ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, and an abnormal aortic valve(non serious).
- A study of side effects of Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5% In Plastic Container for a patient with Tooth Abscess. The patient has Hot Flushes (sudden feelings of heat)
Comments: Red skin
More related studies for: Penicillin-vk, Tooth infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Hashimoto's Disease and Molar Pregnancy
- Headache and Minoxidil
- Hepatic Cirrhosis and Hypercapnia
- Maxalt and Hair Loss
- Myrbetriq and Hyponatraemia
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (20 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (1 day ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (16 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (19 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (24 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Depo-provera, Metadate Cd for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (5 minutes ago)
- Orsythia for a 21-year old woman who has Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive (54 minutes ago)
- Lorazepam, Hydroxyzine, Risperidone for a 17-year old boy who has Anxiety Disorder, Tourette Syndrome (1 hour ago)
- Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a 44-year old man who has Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner (2 hours ago)
- Maxalt for a 46-year old woman who has Migraine - Classic (2 hours ago)