Home > Type 2 diabetes > Januvia > Januvia for Type 2 diabetes
How effective is Januvia for Type 2 diabetes?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
Long term ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Januvia (sitagliptin phosphate) is for Type 2 diabetes. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 147 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Januvia for Type 2 diabetes >>>
What is Januvia
Januvia (latest outcomes from 19,550 users) has active ingredients of sitagliptin phosphate. It is often used in type 2 diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 220,836 patients) can be treated by Metformin Hydrochloride, Metformin, Januvia, Victoza, Glipizide, Janumet.
On Nov, 22, 2014: 147 people are studied for taking Januvia in Type 2 diabetes
Januvia effectiveness for Type 2 diabetes (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Januvia for Type 2 diabetes * :
|Type 2 diabetes||46.94%||53.06% |
Age of people who take Januvia for Type 2 diabetes * :
|Type 2 diabetes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.68%||6.12%||12.93%||30.61%||49.66% |
Who find Januvia more effective for Type 2 diabetes?
Gender of people who find Januvia more effective * :
|Type 2 diabetes||44.64%||55.36% |
Age of people who find Januvia more effective * :
|Type 2 diabetes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.57%||17.86%||19.64%||58.93% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is rasberry ketone safe
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, COPD, TIA, and takes Sertraline, Aspirin, Simvastatin)
i had tia 2years ago is it safe to take rasbery ketone im on a diet
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Glimepiride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin, Lisinopril, Xarelto)
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- I have recently been put on humulin 70/30 and januvia 100mg and am concerned about weight gain as i am on quite high doses ttake 80 units in the morning and 60 at night
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Weight Gain, and takes Metformin, Januvia , Humulin 70/30 Pen)
I have recently Changed from novomix 70/30 flex pen to humulin 70/30 flex pen 80 units before breakfast and 60 units before supper, metformin 1000 mg morning and 1000 mg in the evening both to be taken after meals, and januvia 100 to be taken after breakfast. Unfortunately the novomix insulin cause ...
- Do dpp4 inhibitors increase cancer risk?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, and takes Glimepiride, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Januvia)
Metabolic syndrome, ed, triglycerides untreated over 200, bp untreated 160/96, A1c untreated 9.
- Is janumet gives side effects for piles
(Asked by a 58 year old man who has Small Boil It Gives Pain When I Take Janumet, Toungue Swelling, Lose Motion And Ommitting Sensation, and takes Janumet, Sitagliptin Phosphate)
Will you please suggest better medicine which has no side effects for Diabetic
More questions for: Januvia, Type 2 diabetes
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- I experienced fatigue, muscle aches and twitches with asacol
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Microscopic Colitis, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, and takes Asacol Hd, Metformin)
Was taking 2 tablets 3x per day for a month and a half and began having muscle twitches, muscle and joint aches and fatigue severe enough people noticed I couldn't find correct words to finish my sentences. I stopped taking it and it has taken almost three weeks to feel human and energetic again. Pe ...
- Metformin, vision blurred
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Type 2 Diabetes)
My primary care physician prescribed Metformin for type 2 Diabetes. First pill caused "wobbly" then blurred vision within a half hour of taking. Asked doctor if I should stop taking the drug. She said no. Second pill doubled the blurring immediately. Long distance and middle vision (computer screen ...
More reviews for: Januvia, Type 2 diabetes
Recent studies of taking Januvia in Type 2 Diabetes (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Januvia for a patient with Diabetes. The patient has Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin)
Comments: I developed severe psoriasis within 2 weeks of starting januvia. I never had psoriasis before.
- A study of side effects of Bydureon for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Bladder Stones
Comments: 2 bladder stone surgical removals since on Bydureon
- A study of drug interactions between Glimepiride, Metformin for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Urine Odour Foul
Comments: I am a chain smoker
- A study of drug interactions between Lactulose, Bromhexine Hydrochloride, Codeine, Paracetamol, Temazepam, Magnesium Aspartate, Metformin, Aspirin, Telmisartan; Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Constipation, Coughing Up Blood, Cough, Headache, Insomnia, Cramps - Leg, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cardiac Infection, Hypertension. The patient has Conjunctival Pallor, Oxygen Saturation Decreased, Vomiting, Anaemia Folate Deficiency, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Paleness, Chest Pain, Back Pain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Coughing Up Blood, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Accupril for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension. The patient has Lower Blood Pressure
Comments: I was instructed to take 2 Metformin a day. This causes the blood pressure to be lowered and even after taking Accupril completely off the pressure became too low and Fainting (syncope) occurred.
More related studies for: Januvia, Type 2 diabetes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.