Home > Type 2 diabetes > Januvia > Januvia for Type 2 diabetes
How effective is Januvia for Type 2 diabetes?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
Long term ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Januvia (sitagliptin phosphate) is for Type 2 diabetes. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 147 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Januvia for Type 2 diabetes >>>
What is Januvia
Januvia (latest outcomes from 19,550 users) has active ingredients of sitagliptin phosphate. It is often used in diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 220,851 patients) can be treated by Metformin Hydrochloride, Metformin, Januvia, Glimepiride, Victoza, Glipizide.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 147 people are studied for taking Januvia in Type 2 diabetes
Januvia effectiveness for Type 2 diabetes (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Januvia for Type 2 diabetes * :
|Type 2 diabetes||46.94%||53.06% |
Age of people who take Januvia for Type 2 diabetes * :
|Type 2 diabetes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.68%||6.12%||12.93%||30.61%||49.66% |
Who find Januvia more effective for Type 2 diabetes?
Gender of people who find Januvia more effective * :
|Type 2 diabetes||44.64%||55.36% |
Age of people who find Januvia more effective * :
|Type 2 diabetes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.57%||17.86%||19.64%||58.93% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is rasberry ketone safe
i had tia 2years ago is it safe to take rasbery ketone im on a diet
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- I have recently been put on humulin 70/30 and januvia 100mg and am concerned about weight gain as i am on quite high doses ttake 80 units in the morning and 60 at night
I have recently Changed from novomix 70/30 flex pen to humulin 70/30 flex pen 80 units before breakfast and 60 units before supper, metformin 1000 mg morning and 1000 mg in the evening both to be taken after meals, and januvia 100 to be taken after breakfast. Unfortunately the novomix insulin cause ...
- Do dpp4 inhibitors increase cancer risk?
Metabolic syndrome, ed, triglycerides untreated over 200, bp untreated 160/96, A1c untreated 9.
- Is janumet gives side effects for piles
Will you please suggest better medicine which has no side effects for Diabetic
- Can u take byetta while taking lamotrigine
need to know before I start byetta if u can take byetta with lamotrigine?
- Drug interactions of metformin, imidapril and simvastatin in old woman?
what are the possible interactions of my medications? how can i manage it?
- How long were you on humulin n,when you noticed the weight gain?also did you have mood changes?
I've been on Humulin N pen since July 2013,also Humulin N vial. The morning dose is 100 units and 45 units in the evening. I used to take Victoza,but it started to irritate my pancreas. I've noticed considerable weight gain. I'm 6'4 and 310 lbs.
- Drug interactions with gilizide, metformin, lisinopril and welchol
I have been on Janumet , lisinopril and simvastatin. Dr. Replaced simvastatin with Welchol due to muscle pains. We also switched from Janumet back to just Metformin since glipizide was helping so much. Pharmacist said not to take Welchol at the same time as the others due to binding. I take the othe ...
- I have heavy feeling in the chest, hands and leg tremors, diarrhea and insomnia. blood infection white count 12.4 treated with ciprofloxacin now metronidazole and miconazole. why this second set?
Been having mini strokes since 2005. Due to steroids have developed diabetes. This year have been plagued by infections of one kind or another. Recently started getting chest discomfort, insomnia , headaches body tremors and diarrhoea. Doctor put me on ciprofloxacin. Didn't work . Now he has placed ...
More questions for: Januvia, Type 2 diabetes
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- I experienced fatigue, muscle aches and twitches with asacol
Was taking 2 tablets 3x per day for a month and a half and began having muscle twitches, muscle and joint aches and fatigue severe enough people noticed I couldn't find correct words to finish my sentences. I stopped taking it and it has taken almost three weeks to feel human and energetic again. Pe ...
- Metformin, vision blurred
My primary care physician prescribed Metformin for type 2 Diabetes. First pill caused "wobbly" then blurred vision within a half hour of taking. Asked doctor if I should stop taking the drug. She said no. Second pill doubled the blurring immediately. Long distance and middle vision (computer screen ...
More reviews for: Januvia, Type 2 diabetes
Recent studies of taking Januvia in Type 2 Diabetes on eHealthMe:
- A study of side effects of Sitagliptin Phosphate for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus)
- A study of side effects of Januvia for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Lantus, Glimepiride, Januvia, Actos, Glyburide for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Bladder Cancer
- A study of drug interactions between Januvia, Prandin, Onglyza, Metformin Hydrochloride, Methotrexate, Arimidex for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Breast Cancer Stage I. The patient has Breast Cancer
- A study of drug interactions between Gliclazide, Metformin, Januvia for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Nausea
More related studies for: Januvia, Type 2 diabetes
Recent Type 2 Diabetes related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Lisinopril, Metformin, Glipizide for a 44-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Lantus Solostar, Byetta, Tradjenta for a 50-year old woman who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Doxycycline, Metformin for a 46-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Metformin for a 28-year old woman who has Type 2 Diabetes
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Pradaxa, Omeprazole, Neurontin, Metformin for a 55-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes
- Comparions of Glipizide, Glimepiride for a 74-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Insulin, Glipizide, Metformin for a 63-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Ranitidine, Januvia for a 75-year old woman who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Glipizide, Glyburide for a 53-year old woman who has Type 2 Diabetes
- Comparions of Prandin, Starlix for a 62-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent
More related comparison studies for: Januvia, Type 2 diabetes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (33 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (41 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- Hepatamine 8
- Tuberculosis Reactivated
- Numbness And Tingling
- Iritic Melanoma
- Bromfed Dm