Home > Upset stomach > Zofran > Zofran for Upset stomach
How effective is Zofran for Upset stomach (Nausea and vomiting)?
Overall ratings: 3.0/5
Long term ratings: 3.1/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Zofran (ondansetron hydrochloride) is for Upset stomach. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 53 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Zofran for Upset stomach >>>
What is Zofran
Zofran (latest outcomes from 869 users) has active ingredients of ondansetron hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea.
Upset stomach (latest reports from 814,777 patients) can be treated by Phenergan, Zofran, Omeprazole, Promethazine Hydrochloride, Ondansetron, Zofran Odt.
On Oct, 22, 2014: 53 people are studied for taking Zofran in Upset stomach
Zofran effectiveness for Upset stomach (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Zofran for Upset stomach * :
|Upset stomach||0.00%||1.89%||3.77%||32.08%||16.98%||20.75%||7.55%||16.98% |
Who find Zofran more effective for Upset stomach?
Age of people who find Zofran more effective * :
|Upset stomach||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||33.33%||40.00%||6.67%||6.67%||6.67% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Since being diagnosed with CRPS/RSD I have pain 100% of the time. It is not always a 10/10 but is always there in one form or another. It started in my right hand/arm after a accident while carrying a busing pan full of dirty dishes to be cleaned. While walking through a steel swinging door into the back of the kitchen the dishes started to shift weight and this caused the pan to shift and I found my whole body swinging with the pan/dishes. The pan/dishes and my upper body all swung to the right and into a solid steel door frame. This ended up crushing my hand, wrist, arm, and fingers and bus pan filled with about 60 lbs of wet dirty dishes between the mental frame connected to the wall/door. I remember trying not to drop the dishes and screaming as quietly as I could so that the customers would not walk out... I was given ice and taken to the closest ER for evaluation. I did notice since starting the Lorazepam 24 hours ago that I have to get up every hour to 2 hours to empty my bladder. I did have a Pelvic Sling placed and had to have it cut and partly removed due to noting being able to urinate on my own at all.
From this study (8 months ago):
Developed symptoms of hyperventation syndrome (need to take frequent deep satisfying deep breaths- not rapid breathing) after hospital stay for flu and possible meningitis. My chest x ray and CBC is normal. One doc tried to tell me this was PTSD/anxiety from post hospitalization. It is not. I am not anxious except for fact that I cannot breath right. I do not have pneumonia. I have never had this before, but I'm even short of breath while talking to people and distracted - still needing to take deep breaths mid conversation. I have never had some of the above drugs before and wondered if they could have anything to do with it. Thank you.
srandall on Mar, 13, 2014:
I am a Caucasian female age 42. On vanco 3rd time for 3weeks this time. First week this time can't breathe normally, stays n cat scan clear, ringing, popping in ears n loss of hearing, frequent urination and way more urine volume. Dr Denys any of these symptoms from vanco as he gives lectures on vanco. I also had kidney function decreases n he says he would prescribe even if kidneys in half failure because vanco is the best! Sending him documents from Mayo saying after 10 days on vanco patients need to be monitored for hearing, kidney and shallow breathing. Maybe he can add to his lectures.
From this study (10 months ago):
Adverse Interactions when these medicines are given together
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Zofran, Upset stomach
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nausea and vomiting while taking savella
I have been on Savella for 6 months now and the nausea has increased with time and now I also have vomiting daily along with occasional diarrhea. I am currently weaning off of the Savella, cutting the dosage in half for two weeks and then one pill every other day for two weeks, following my dr.'s in ...
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my f ...
- Poisened by fenofibrate
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptom ...
More reviews for: Zofran, Upset stomach
Recent studies of taking Zofran in Upset Stomach on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Proair Hfa, Lunesta, Zofran, Morphine Sulfate, Morphine Sulfate for a patient with Nervousness, Difficulty Breathing, Sleeplessness, Nausea And Vomiting, Crps. The patient has Foggy Head, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Unable To Sleep For Days At At Time, Not Wanting To Eat, Persistant Vomiting, Hemmeroids, Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements (Constipation), Nausea And Vomiting, Numbness, Burning Eyes (Eye burning - itching and discharge), Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Depacon, Dexamethasone, Phenergan, Zofran, Dilaudid, Acyclovir, Rocephin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Nausea And Vomiting, Headache, Vomiting, Pain, Meningitis Viral, Meningitis. The patient has Fatigue, Hyperventilation
- A study of drug interactions between Reglan, Zofran for a patient with Nausea - Persistent - In Pregnancy, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Hearing Loss
- A study of side effects of Zofran for a patient with Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Low Blood Sugar (low blood sugar cause seizures)
- A study of drug interactions between Keppra, Sodium Chloride 0.9% In Plastic Container, Ondansertron Hydrochloride, Synthroid, Gabapentin for a patient with Headache - Migraine With Aura, Hydration Due To Vomiting, Nausea And Vomiting, Overactive Thyroid, Neuropathy - Peripheral. The patient has I Am Not A Diabetic But Blood Sugars Are Too High
More related studies for: Zofran, Upset stomach
Recent Upset Stomach related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Zofran, Upset stomach
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (52 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (52 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Tikosyn side effects
- Tecfidera and Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- Aggression and Lithium Carbonate
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Trazodone Hydrochloride
- Breast Cancer Metastatic
- Canela Molida
- Prostate Cancer