Home > Uti - chronic or recurrent > Cipro > Cipro for Uti - chronic or recurrent
How effective is Cipro for Uti - chronic or recurrent (Urinary tract infection - chronic or recurrent)?
Overall ratings: 2.1/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Cipro (ciprofloxacin hydrochloride) is for Uti - chronic or recurrent. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 7 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cipro for Uti - chronic or recurrent >>>
What is Cipro
Cipro (latest outcomes from 6,856 users) has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Uti - chronic or recurrent
Uti - chronic or recurrent (long lasting or recurrent urinary tract infection) (latest reports from 239 patients) can be treated by Macrobid, Nitrofurantoin, Cipro, Keflex, Bactrim Ds.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 7 people are studied for taking Cipro in Uti - chronic or recurrent
Cipro effectiveness for Uti - chronic or recurrent (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Cipro for Uti - chronic or recurrent * :
|Uti - chronic or recurrent||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||42.86%||14.29%||0.00%||14.29%||28.57% |
Who find Cipro more effective for Uti - chronic or recurrent?
Age of people who find Cipro more effective * :
|Uti - chronic or recurrent||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I took one a day for them days and now have boils coming up all over me: eye lid, under arms, legs, arms stomach its been about three weeks. how do i make them stop?!!!!!!!!m
I am allergic to PIN and am prescribed Video. I've never had this problem before, I rarely get sick the last time I was prescribed it was eight years ago. I took one for ten days for a throat infection I sustained after being around a two year old who had a very bad cold. I did not pay attention to ...
- Does anybody (female) have recurrent urinary tract infection every two months like me?
Physicians prescribe me lots of antibiotics in past few months, because I have a urinary tract infection every two months. I'm a girl with 22 years old and I have this problem since I was 13 years old. I am already resistant to antibiotics like fosfomicin, then I have to take large spectrum antibiot ...
- I'm taking methananamine hipp so i won't get a uti. i skipped a dose and have a uti. i'm back on the methananamine hipp.can i take cipro with it for the uti?
I skipped a dose of the methenamine hipp. That was a huge no-no. I immediately got a uti. I need an antibiotic asap but I don't know if I can take cipro with the methanimine hipp. Does anybody know i should stop this antiseptic drug and take the antibiotic for now? Thanks so very much!!!!
- Would cipro possibly be responsible for a weak neck /hard to hold up/feels like it will fall off.
Surgery included removal of bladder stones an diverticula in bladder.
- Has anyone ever had testicular swelling when on cipro ou flagyl?
My husband is on both of these drugs as well as another for dysentery. Has anyone had problems with testicular swelling using either one of these drugs?
- I have inflamed prostate and swollen ankles and leg pain can someone help
- Extremely swollen, red kidneys barely working, liver damage and heart damage she is taking oxgen to keep level at 98, otherwise it goes down to 89. we have been in hospital for 27 hours,
What are her chances of pulling out of this condition?
- Does vyvanse cause uti? and yeast infections? if i stop taking vyvance will the uti stop too?
I HAVE BEEN TAKING VYVANSE FOR 1 YEAR AND I HAVE BEEN GETTING UTI EVERY MONTH.
- Can tendon rupture associated with cipro occur years after taking the drug?
took cipro for sinus infection Dec. 2010. 62 yrs.3mo. at time. I am a ballet teacher and when I saw that tendon rupture was a possible side affect questioned prescribing physician and pharmacist about safety of Cipro for me. Both stated that tendon rupture was highly unlikely. In November of 2012 ...
- Cipro prescribed for uti can i take soma with cipro for spasms
may I take Soma for spasms of the bladder
More questions for: Cipro, Uti - chronic or recurrent
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
More reviews for: Cipro, Uti - chronic or recurrent
Recent studies of taking Cipro in Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Cipro, Uti - chronic or recurrent
Recent Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ciprofloxacin, Macrobid for a 65-year old woman who has UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent
- Comparions of Levaquin, Ciprofloxacin for a 62-year old woman who has UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent
- Comparions of Keflex, Bactrim for a 41-year old woman who has UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent
- Comparions of Cipro, Macrodantin for a 68-year old woman who has UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent
- Comparions of Bactrim, Nitrofurantoin (Sandoz) - 100MG for a 32-year old woman who has UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent
- Comparions of Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride (Barr) - EQ 500MG BASE, Bactrim Ds (Mutual Pharm) - 800MG;160MG for a 72-year old man who has UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent
- Comparions of Cipro (Bayer Hlthcare) - 500MG/5ML, Nitrofurantoin (monohydrate/macrocrystals) (Mylan) - 75MG;25MG for a 68-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection - Chronic Or Recurrent
- Comparions of Nitrofurantoin (Elkins Sinn) - 100MG, Prilosec for a 67-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection - Chronic Or Recurrent
- Comparions of Macrobid, Skelaxin (King Pharms) - 800MG, Hytrin (Abbott) - EQ 2MG BASE, Multivitamin for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection - Chronic Or Recurrent
- Comparions of Nitrofurantoin (Mylan) - 100MG, Clarinex (Schering) - 5MG for a 39-year old woman who has UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent
More related comparison studies for: Cipro, Uti - chronic or recurrent
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.