Home > Uti > Cefuroxime > Cefuroxime for Uti
How effective is Cefuroxime for Uti (Urinary tract infection)?
Overall ratings: 2.7/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Cefuroxime (cefuroxime sodium) is for Uti. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 3 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cefuroxime for Uti >>>
What is Cefuroxime
Cefuroxime (latest outcomes from 4,118 users) has active ingredients of cefuroxime sodium. It is often used in sinusitis.
Uti (urinary tract infection) (latest reports from 449,890 patients) can be treated by Macrobid, Cipro, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Nitrofurantoin, Bactrim, Bactrim Ds.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 3 people are studied for taking Cefuroxime in Uti
Cefuroxime effectiveness for Uti (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Cefuroxime for Uti * :
Age of people who take Cefuroxime for Uti * :
Who find Cefuroxime more effective for Uti?
Gender of people who find Cefuroxime more effective * :
Age of people who find Cefuroxime more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Cefuroxime, Uti
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nasalcrom caused potential anxiety attacks
I have a sinus infection that did not go away with a ten day course of Cefuroxime. I went back to the doctor and was subscribed a two week course of Cefuroxime, plus Montelukast for allergy, and NasalCrom for inflamed sinuses. Since I began the NasalCrom, I have been experiencing anxiety attacks. ...
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Flagyl and hair loss
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
- Temporary amnesia from uti
I developed a Urinary Tract Infection which caused sudden severe pain and temporary amnesia for about 5 hours. I am going to start a Candida diet and stop eating all sugars and yeast. This can take a long period of time but as I am 60 years old and have been eating sugar for most of my life, it won' ...
More reviews for: Cefuroxime, Uti
Recent studies of taking Cefuroxime in Uti on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Cefuroxime, Uti
Recent Uti related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ciprofloxacin, Donepezil for a 71-year old woman who has UTI
- Comparions of Excedrin, Macrobid for a 60-year old woman who has UTI
- Comparions of Gravol, Ciprofloxacin for a 79-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection
- Comparions of Naproxen, Bactrim Ds for a 37-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection
- Comparions of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim, Nitrofurantoin, Levofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin for a 59-year old woman who has UTI
- Comparions of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim Double Strength, Metformin for a 58-year old woman who has Bladder Infection
- Comparions of Ciprofloxacin, Bactrim for a 38-year old woman who has UTI
- Comparions of Phenazopyridine HCl, Clonazepam for a 40-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection
- Comparions of Ciprofloxacin, Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 86-year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection
- Comparions of Ofbit, Ofloxacin for a 38-year old woman who has UTI
More related comparison studies for: Cefuroxime, Uti
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Dizziness and Megestrol Acetate
- Svt and Prednisolone
- Lamictal and Meningioma Benign
- Adderall and Neuropathy Peripheral
Recent user comments
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (8 minutes ago)
- "The depression has been so severe I didn't know what ... " (1 hour ago)
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (7 hours ago)
- Staph Skin Infection
- Mood Stabilizer
- Lung Abscess