Home > Uti > Levaquin > Levaquin for Uti
How effective is Levaquin for Uti (Urinary tract infection)?
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Levaquin (levofloxacin) is for Uti. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 49 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Levaquin for Uti >>>
What is Levaquin
Levaquin (latest outcomes from 28,770 users) has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Uti (urinary tract infection) (latest reports from 448,493 patients) can be treated by Macrobid, Cipro, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Nitrofurantoin, Bactrim, Bactrim Ds.
On Nov, 22, 2014: 49 people are studied for taking Levaquin in Uti
Levaquin effectiveness for Uti (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Levaquin for Uti * :
Who find Levaquin more effective for Uti?
Age of people who find Levaquin more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Warfarin and urinary infections
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profess ...
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Daptomycin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5%)
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- I was on leviquin for cellulitis now i can't walk rupture ligament tindeitt
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Can Not Walk 1 Block Un Stable Ankles , and takes Levaquin )
Torn Tndent rupture ligaments in ankle acilles heel
- How many people have had a meniscus tear after just a few doses of levaquin
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Now Am Goiung To Have To Have Surgery To Repair Knee Never Had Any Trouble With Knees Until The Levaquin, Had Severe Swelling And Pain So Bad I Couldn't Without A Crutch Or Cane, and takes Levaquin)
was having severe sinus problems so my primary care doctor prescribed levaquin within 3 days both knees and one ankle were swollen beyond belief ,had to go to the emergency room 2 days in a row to have fluid drained from my right knee never have fully recovered so my orthopedic Dr. ordered an mri an ...
- Can i take my macrobid while i have a hangover? is it safe?
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has UTI, and takes Macrobid)
Help me please! I really need to know if I can take my pill (macrobid) when I have a hangover
More questions for: Levaquin, Uti
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has UTI, Uti. Haven't Had Any In Years..hard To Get Rid Of., and takes Bydureon)
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- Acne breakout from anitbiotics
(Posted by a 45 year old man who has Bacillus Cereus Infection, Staphylococcal Osteomyelitis, and takes Zyvox, Levaquin)
I am taking two antibiotics but I don't know if one or both are causing a major acne breakout..At 45 years old, I rarely got acne but since taking oral antibiotics I had a severe acne breakout mostly on my forehead..what the hell is going on? Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it besides ...
- Levaquin side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Epilepsy, COPD With Exacerbation, and takes Levaquin)
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- Levaquin toxicity plus alot of cirpro and prednisone
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Severe Levaquin Damage, and takes Levaquin )
Boo, could you email me.. I took a ton of cipro over 25 years with problems and was told I had cfs. I took 42 pills of levaquin with prednisone, it blew me apart like a bomb, for mere bronchitis.. I was electrocuted for 15 months, now my heart pounds non stop, cant move barely, have terrors that sur ...
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
More reviews for: Levaquin, Uti
Recent studies of taking Levaquin in Uti (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Macrobid for a patient with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Cystitis Chronic (long lasting inflammation of the wall of the bladder)
Comments: Now have very painful achellies tendinitis
- A study of drug interactions between Fetzima, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Loratadine, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Clonazepam, Baclofen, Levaquin, Oxycontin for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Acid Reflux, Nervous System Disorder, Allergic Cough, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder, Pain - Back, Chronic Bronchitis, Crps. The patient has Pulse Abnormal, Shakes, Fever, Chills, Chest Tightness, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Cough, Weakness
Comments: I just had surgery on my left calf 11/03/14 and the infection disease center called today and said I had NOCARDIA growth.
- A study of drug interactions between Lunesta, Geodon, Viibryd, Trimethoprim, Spironolactone, Vytorin, Aspirin, Calcium, Exemestane for a patient with Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance, Bipolar Disorder, Urinary Tract Infection, Hirsutism, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
Comments: monthly urinary tract infections
- A study of side effects of Cipro for a patient with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Cough Aggravated
Comments: Was taking CIPRO for UTI. But half way the dose I developed instant dry cough which persisted for 8 weeks! Eventually the Xray showed the ATRIAL Lead Displacement!
- A study of side effects of Cipro for a patient with Bladder Infection. The patient has Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation
Comments: While taking peridium for 2 days, and 500mg cipro twice daily for 10 days for UTI, I developed acute burning and the sensation of "sitting on something". After 3 more urine dipsticks (2 positive for blood and leukocytes), and 3 negative cultures, within the next 6 weeks, I am suffering from burning ...
More related studies for: Levaquin, Uti
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.