Home > Uti > Levaquin > Levaquin for Uti
How effective is Levaquin for Uti (Urinary tract infection)?
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Levaquin (levofloxacin) is for Uti. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 49 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Levaquin for Uti >>>
What is Levaquin
Levaquin (latest outcomes from 28,767 users) has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Uti (urinary tract infection) (latest reports from 449,890 patients) can be treated by Macrobid, Cipro, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Nitrofurantoin, Bactrim, Bactrim Ds.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 49 people are studied for taking Levaquin in Uti
Levaquin effectiveness for Uti (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Levaquin for Uti * :
Who find Levaquin more effective for Uti?
Age of people who find Levaquin more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Warfarin and urinary infections
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profess ...
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- I was on leviquin for cellulitis now i can't walk rupture ligament tindeitt
Torn Tndent rupture ligaments in ankle acilles heel
- How many people have had a meniscus tear after just a few doses of levaquin
was having severe sinus problems so my primary care doctor prescribed levaquin within 3 days both knees and one ankle were swollen beyond belief ,had to go to the emergency room 2 days in a row to have fluid drained from my right knee never have fully recovered so my orthopedic Dr. ordered an mri an ...
- Can i take my macrobid while i have a hangover? is it safe?
Help me please! I really need to know if I can take my pill (macrobid) when I have a hangover
- I took levaquin for 10 days, had severe breathing difficulty
I took Levaquin for staph infection for 10 days, just got off it yesterday, but had and have persistent breathing problems (can't walk a block without my inhaler). How long will this persist before I'm back to normal?
- I am deaf in my left ear since levaquin, how do they get away with this?
I was being treated for a severe sinus infection while my Dad was dying and the Dr gave me Levaquin, and on the last day of the prescription I felt pressure and I NEVER HEARD out of my left ear again
- Does a side effect exist through maca (nutrition supplement from peru) like urinary tract infection or a kidney infection?
Burn feelings in the urethra (bottom of penis) during pee and (soft) stitches in the kidneys
- After given levaquin antibiotic, my legs swoll, joints popped, etc. i'm now having brain fog. can this develop into alzheimer's? what have you done to successfully rid yourself of brain fog? thank you
After taking one 750 mg tablet of Levaquin, for 5 days, my legs swoll - I couldn't walk for four days, tendons popped/were painful, overall body pain/discomfort, marked hip pain, mainly slept 4 or 5 hours (I'm now sleeping about 5 to 6 hours), off and on tiredness with no apparent reason.... Please ...
- Did anyone get sore throat while undergoing medication for uti
I had been diagnosed with UTI last week. I had been experiencing pain when unrinating thus I consulted my OBGyne for I had been once checked by a Urologist and told me that my UTI is not related to any kidney problems thus recommending me to see an OBGyne.
My OBGyne told me that I take Zinnat twice ...
More questions for: Levaquin, Uti
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Acne breakout from anitbiotics
I am taking two antibiotics but I don't know if one or both are causing a major acne breakout..At 45 years old, I rarely got acne but since taking oral antibiotics I had a severe acne breakout mostly on my forehead..what the hell is going on? Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it besides ...
- Levaquin side effects
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- Levaquin toxicity plus alot of cirpro and prednisone
Boo, could you email me.. I took a ton of cipro over 25 years with problems and was told I had cfs. I took 42 pills of levaquin with prednisone, it blew me apart like a bomb, for mere bronchitis.. I was electrocuted for 15 months, now my heart pounds non stop, cant move barely, have terrors that sur ...
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Kidney failure, metal taste and torn rotor cuff taking levaquin
I was diagnosed with a sinus infection and bronchitis on 12/9. I was given Levaquin, 500 mg for 10 days. After taking the antibiotic for 8 days, I lost my appetite and had a metal taste in my mouth. When I finished the 10 days, I had blood work done 12/11 and returned to the doctor on 12/12. My ...
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Flagyl and hair loss
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
- Temporary amnesia from uti
I developed a Urinary Tract Infection which caused sudden severe pain and temporary amnesia for about 5 hours. I am going to start a Candida diet and stop eating all sugars and yeast. This can take a long period of time but as I am 60 years old and have been eating sugar for most of my life, it won' ...
- Levaquin and vestibular disorder
I had Diverticulitis, went to the emergency, was treated with Levaquin and Flagyl intravenously. Then I was given prescriptions for tablets when I left the emergency room. I immediately had a reaction of redness to my arm from the Levaquin. I got Vertigo on that evening in the E.R. That was 2/28 ...
More reviews for: Levaquin, Uti
Recent studies of taking Levaquin in Uti on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Levaquin, Uti
Recent Uti related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ciprofloxacin, Donepezil for a 71-year old woman who has UTI
- Comparions of Excedrin, Macrobid for a 60-year old woman who has UTI
- Comparions of Gravol, Ciprofloxacin for a 79-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection
- Comparions of Naproxen, Bactrim Ds for a 37-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection
- Comparions of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim, Nitrofurantoin, Levofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin for a 59-year old woman who has UTI
- Comparions of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim Double Strength, Metformin for a 58-year old woman who has Bladder Infection
- Comparions of Ciprofloxacin, Bactrim for a 38-year old woman who has UTI
- Comparions of Phenazopyridine HCl, Clonazepam for a 40-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection
- Comparions of Ciprofloxacin, Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 86-year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection
- Comparions of Ofbit, Ofloxacin for a 38-year old woman who has UTI
More related comparison studies for: Levaquin, Uti
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a 39-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout (17 minutes ago)
- Haloperidol for a 61-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder (33 minutes ago)
- Iron Dextran, Vitamin B12, Methadone Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Nuvigil for a 46-year old woman who has Anemia, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Neuropathy, Depression, Narcolepsy (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vitamin D and Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
- Toe Swelling and Indomethacin
- Toe Swelling and Gout
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Toe Swelling
- Toe Swelling and Pain
Recent user comments
- "Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indo ... " (17 minutes ago)
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (7 hours ago)
- Dementia Due To Other General Medical Condition
- Spirochaetal Infection
- Lichen Spinulosus
- Tri Previfem