eHealthMe - FDA and Social Media, Personalized eHealthMe - FDA and Social Media, Personalized

FDA and Social Media, Personalized

Drugs A-Z       Conditions A-Z       Health Tools       Health Community

Comments of using Lopid, Sertraline Hcl, Calcium Gluconate, Acetylsalicylic Acid Srt, Lisinopril, Glipizide, Potassium Chloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Folic Acid, Lisinopril, Digoxin, Nitroglycerin, Omeprazole, Diazepam, Carvedilol, Cyclosporine, Nicotinic Acid, Prednisone

(Back to the original study: study ID 1469870)

K S Prakash (4 years ago):

Hi
I used Lopid 300 mg once a day for about 3 to 3.5 months. My blood sugar levels rose...
I stopped Lopid.
Lopid also caused pain in the lower ribs, just above the stomach apart from muscle weakness.
I stopped the drug and awaiting for improvement.

william mcniff (2 years ago):

No one lost muscle tissue/weight during or after the BMT????Really??? I lost 75lbs during and after my BMT. 205 to 130lbs. I have no muscle mass at all.
It has been over 4 years since my transplant and I still cannot rebuild the lost muscle. This is with
testosterone shots weight training BCAA Whey protein
creatine etc etc etc.
I find it hard to believe muscle wasting did not occur with other patients.

Fraud!!!!

Fresno (2 years ago):

Over the past year, I have lost substantial muscle tone. Strength remains ok but significant change is hardness of muscles though my diet and workout routine remain the same. I stopped finasteride and continue to loss muscle tone. Have had blood work and other tests all negative. Any suggestions

Comments from related studies:

• From this study (6 days ago):

• peanuts on Mar, 31, 2010:

my friend is suffering from rhumatory arthertis.and is currenty taking cocaine. oxy cotin,prestine, wellbutrim, predisone 10mg what side effects should she expect ?????

jimmy on Apr, 29, 2013:

Susan,
    Finally, I'd been reading thru here and finnaly, what doctor in the U.S. still prescribes cocaine? LOL

jimmy on Apr, 29, 2013:

IF you donT see my other comments, Never take Cymbalta or anything containing same ingrediants or speeding thru the same side effects durring their enjoyable living advertizements!

Jmsrocks on Jul, 25, 2012:

Probably death. Cocain and opiates together = speed ball.

Hebe on Jul, 31, 2012:

I have had two close relatives on prednisone, and for both of them it alone can make them feel really speedy. Combined with cocaine and wellbutrin would probably make sleeping very difficult. As the previous commenter mentioned, combining oxys into this is probably a bit dangerous.

Patty O'Neill on Aug, 10, 2012:

The comments about death in combination with cocaine and opiates or any other drug is possible
    depending on how much and the situation. Frightening people is not the key here. Basically any drug in combination with another could cause a major health problem as we are all very much not the same makeup. Cheers,

ken on Aug, 17, 2012:

If she continues with this type of treatment, its kinda scary in all reality. Why not see a doctor, that's where the healing may start.

Jackie on Apr, 30, 2013:

I am wondering if you were diagnosed because you had pain and found out you had a neurological message going on.... or just a process of elimination over the pain after you were taking your anti psychotic medication? I've been taking oxycone for my pain my back and neck disc issues um for about a year now, was having joint pain and stiffness all over my body the Dr put me on cymbalta and now three weeks later he put me on wellbutrin and I'm wondering about seratonin syndrome... I'm having muscle twitching also lump on top of my head and vision problems.

Kenny on Jun, 12, 2014:

She can expect a very rapid death.

iCaNtCaLlIt on Oct, 24, 2012:

Please coke for arthrit.? take your fish oils 2 each meal and take your perscribed pain meds(careful very addicting) stop the coke thats being silly for real. goodluck, lifes a bych and ya die thats why we get high .. p.s ankle 9 surgerys plates screws never walk normal again, fight thru it..i got hurt at work btw 7 ton crushed my leg instead of me....jus always think thingd can be worse, be a gpod person dont let this bring u dwn n b miserable..pul thru keep head up n watch those pain meds..goodluck...email if u wana talk but dont come with negatibity. buhbye

susan on Jan, 3, 2013:

have vit d blood levles ck, and supplenment. vit d is an amazing pain control helper.

nefariouson3 on Nov, 7, 2012:

I too am a chronic pain sufferer, I drove over a explosive in the middle-east. I don't understand what or why this thread was written up like a true medical study, to me it looks more like a recreational train wreck, some listed drugs have reverse reactions and others simply have no medical need what so ever, personally I would seek professional help and attempt to get off the unneeded drugs and concentrate on the true medical issues. At your age 51, you run the risk of many complications and possibility death from the listed drugs, though who am I to judge, life is way too short enjoy it when your still alive.

Th3

Had'em all on Nov, 14, 2012:

Prison and/or death. Comparing taking coke by inhalation and oxycontin orally is NOT the same thing as speed ball. Kindergarten speed ball maybe. Addiction threshold of oxy is 60mg/day. She should try to stay below that.
    Get her the hell off Pristine/Ketoconazole unless it is absolutely positively necessary. If necessary, try to get a lower dose. Stuff fries the liver & with all the other crap--BAD idea.
    Is there a reason she isn't taking an NSAID? I see prednisone. Would help more than oxy.

kobe77 on Jan, 3, 2013:

Lmao! Lmao! You sound like your high ......enjoy your trip!

knowledgable on Jan, 7, 2013:

Death bed us what they should expect. Mixing cocaine and oxy, are they brainless!!!!

Sydney on Jan, 9, 2013:

Tell your friend to GET OFF WHEAT. The wheat products in this country are GMO which are very bad for us and cause arthritis. Tell your friend to research. Never let the Dr.s try and figure out what's wrong with you. They won't. And they'll kill you trying.

nursing101 on Jan, 28, 2013:

Well, NSAID, you say? Hmmm....I see motrin, naproxen and aspirin on the list....all NSAID's

Billy on Feb, 2, 2013:

It is a wonder that your wife is at all coherent taking that cocktail of medications. I would try to find a new doctor that has a better grasp of toxicology and drug interactions. Cocaine and Oxycotin--can't belief any reputable doctor would prescribe that combination.

High depression low motivation on Feb, 8, 2013:

I take fish oils and centrum vitamins for depression replacing latuda and Lexapro wich was messing with my school I was out of phase sleeping all day and cloudy thinking. Now I just take Adderall and Xanax for agoraphobia and I feel a lot better and Im actually doing homework!! I scored high on my test than on the antidepressants with low scores.

AdoreTu on Mar, 4, 2013:

Well, I just stopped at your post, and who ever is taking all of that stuff needs to take some Milk Thistle to help restore their liver.

Sam on Mar, 11, 2013:

Way back in the late 1960's I heard it called a combination of cocaine and opiate type drugs a speedball. My best guess is your friend is on the way out of this world, unless there is an intervention. In short, death is the end result/side effect of taking such a combination of drugs....

Deo Vindece,

Sam

BCS on Mar, 12, 2013:

Honestly. She can expect to die very young.

Everything from heart, kidney, liver, stomach, brain, lungs, immune system, etc. will began to shut down.
    She will most likely become increasingly weak, finding herself in the hospital more often, and eventually die of organ failure. that is unless she dies from an overdoes first.

bcs on Mar, 12, 2013:

Yeah, hybrid wheat is causing all the problems. not the cocaine and oxy, mixed with other prescription drugs.

I agree Hybrid wheat is harmful and best left out of ones diet, but it's not the biggest problem here. (it hybrid not gmo) they haven't released that yet.

Susan on Mar, 12, 2013:

Are you guys really this dumb? She meant to say her friend was taking Codeine not cocaine. I'm not even going to bother asking a question on this website if you're that dumb! LOL

Jenn on Mar, 15, 2013:

I know that I am super sensitive to both codeine and oxy. They actually make me more nauseous and dizzy and i find regular tylenol or ibuprophen to be more effective against pain. I have heard some good things about omega fish oil and gluten free diets. My sister has RA too and when she flares up even pain meds dont help much. She is also gluten intolerant and can feel a marked difference in symptoms when she "slips" and eats gluten-y things. Steroids make your blood pressure high, she takes them when she gets flare ups but tries to ween herself off as the flare up dissipates. She gets weird skin breakouts because steroids also mess with the natural flora of your body. RA sux!!!!

doc moc on Mar, 25, 2013:

have tou tried cocaine? pretty sure its gluten free our previous inquisitor seemed to have some luck with its administration in combination with an assortment of other medications to treat her condition also as far as the flora issue goes i dont think cocaine is an antagonist

doc moc on Mar, 30, 2013:

oh yes BCS i agree hybrid wheat is a very dangerous substance especially when compared to the rather inocuous substances of cocaine and oxycontin! just what are your qualifications to dispense such well researched and supported opinions? You are truly a fool

Stephanie on Apr, 1, 2013:

Yeah I'm pretty sure she ment codeine. i dont visit these sites often anymore becasue my questions never get answered and everything gets way off topic.

really on Apr, 10, 2013:

people like you should visit your local humane society and have yourself spayed or neutered because the human race does not need less intelligent, human-jackass hybrid beings breeding with those of greater intellect. Cocaine was clearly written, not codeine. and please don't post your questions, prefer you be the guinea pig and take risks alerting the people who matter of potential risk factors. :)

Robert on Apr, 12, 2013:

I just wish the federal government would overhaul Richard Nixon's war on drugs and the whole controlled drug act. I have had my share of pain and you can consider yourself lucky to be able to cope with it. It is the sorry folk out there who have psychiatric disorders which affect the brain's ability to "deal" and cope, and is at a chemical level with them, a neurological mess-up. I know personally, I have phases of time when it is dangerous for me to try and tough it out when my brain sometimes slows down production and release of the natural chemicals like beta endorphin, dopamine, Gammaaminobuteric Acid, and I can find my body aches because Im not making enough natural opiate substances. SO I take drugs given by MD to make me feel normal, like clonazepam, prozac, and sometimes amphetamine in low doses. It is frustrating because people still don't understand and think I am a schmuck for taking drugs to feel normal happiness, calm, joy, relaxation, and to enjoy life's natural pleasures I periodically am unable to feel or appreciate.

Robert on Apr, 12, 2013:

It is true that speedballs, containing opiates and any stimulant. The "speed" in speedball likely refers to amphetamine, which was, prior to 1970, the original or at least most widely used upper in the 1960's. When the Controlled Drug Act was made official, cocaine became hugely popular, as an easier and more available alternative. SO strangely enough it became easier to get a totally outlawed drug than legal controlled drugs, because the new DEA and their most overzealous zealots were too busy finally settling old scores and getting the "dopeheads" and "speedfreeks" with the new Nixonian legislation backing them up like the word of God

Michele on Apr, 12, 2013:

I totally understand where you are coming from. Your comment at the end there helped me understand that I am not "a druggy" as my husband calls me because I need medications to feel an enjoy simple life activities. You're lucky to have found the right combination of medicines to treat your depression. I feel like I've been on a roller coaster for the last 20 years. If I find the "right" combination to treat my severe depression/bipolar2 disorders, then I find myself with one or more intolerable side effects that I must live with, like extreme teeth pain/bruxism. I look at people all the time and say to myself "That person is "normal." "That person is enjoying life." "That person sleeps normally and doesn't need help." "That person is a good mom for doing activities with her child/children." I get sorta jealous, then I start believing what my husband says about me being a druggy and that I am not a good teacher/mom/wife. That I shouldn't need medicine to just have energy to get up and get dressed. But when I read your post it made me feel good, not that you were dealing with depression, but that someone else out there understands how it feels, that my husband is dead wrong and out of line, that my depression is a real disorder and not my fault. Thank you for your post.

shannon on Apr, 13, 2013:

What shouldnt the expexation be...yes, cocaone is an antisthetic...only local, dentists "pink" mouth swab is cocaine based to numb the area and costrict blood vessels toz reduce swelling and bleeding....not for arthritis!..sounds like its a way to find a way out faster by destroying the heart muscle fro. The cocke's super stimulative effect and leave this world. There are other means to treat pain than death and mega doses of narcotics to mask the pain and increase the tolernance of the mds to the point that either there are no interior sinuses lrft by coke use or not enough pain meds to overcome the tolerance....ven IV cocaine use will burn the veins you shoot it in...its a loosing battle...and a painful one from damag thats beendone...Im praying for you guys...

mtntexas on Jun, 13, 2013:

So, Dawn: When you say 'we're all stupid" do you mean all of us on this page or all of us on this planet? Cause I know a girl in Florida that can yodel while playing the piano.

Russ on May, 7, 2013:

Formally of you bashing the cocaine for pain, do some research! Brompton's Cocktail is a chronic pain medicine in liquid form that contains cocaine, opiates, and some other meds. It is an evidenced based treatment for chronic pain, so please don't assume just because it has cocaine in it means it's gonna kill you. People suffering from chronic.pain need relief. if Brompton's works, then let them get their much needed relief!!! Without judgement!!

Big Balla on Jun, 1, 2013:

Just kidding about all that stuff. Who's the doctor that prescribed all that? They probably shouldn't have a license.

Alicia on May, 30, 2013:

I'm intrigued by your comment on cymbalta. I've been taking it for 2 years and since then I've had sugar disorders, irregular heart palpations and know I just feel like I'm on an adrenaline rush. It's scary. But I would like your opinion on this med I would really appreciate it and maybe then I can get some relief. I'm 33yrs old a mother of 3 boys and unfortunately my health is not the best so I'm trying to get as much info as I can from others that take the same meds I do or know of them. Thanks.. Alicia..

Big Balla on Jun, 1, 2013:

Cocaine and oxy? Really??? Okay, have your friend continue the cocaine and oxy regimen. Replace the Wellbutrin with 20 mg of MDMA. They're going to want to add a few drops of LSD as well. At bedtime take 5mg Xanax with a marijuana cigarette dipped in embalming fluid. Don't forget to sprinkle some of the cocaine on it.

dawn on Jun, 13, 2013:

how do you know what she meant??? She didn't correct herself, which probably means imo that she wrote it for shock value in the first place!! (in response to the person that said were all stupid!)

Girl_narcolepsy on Jun, 15, 2013:

Female 32

Hi, I would be worried about Serotonin but it usually has specific stages of symptoms. So starts with immediate symptoms like severe headache, dizziness etc.. then progresses- delirium, high fever etc..

If you were having sensitivity I would look into sensitization or fibro.I had it and went away with Savella... (after neurosurgery)

Hypoglycemic on Jun, 16, 2013:

@ Alicia - those sound like symptoms of Hypoglycemia. Do you feel better at night and then sometimes have trouble getting to sleep ?

If it is hypoglycemia - the only treatment I know of is diet related. Removing all sugar and processed carbs from the diet and avoiding caffeine and alcohol. There are many names for sugar - and don't be duped by agave - not much better than corn syrup, which is the same as having sugar! Eat regularly - smaller meals every 3 hours and eat soon after waking up. High protein breakfast is a good start too. I'm vegan so I rely on soybeans a lot for protein. Diet will be much easier for a meat eater as no carbs in meat, but avoid high carb vegies too - like potatoes. Not too much fruit, avoid all dried fruit. I have to avoid bananas and most other fruits too, but can tolerate small amounts of berries. Go stricter in the beginning and then you can experiment and see what affects you and what doesn't. Think of it as a carb intolerance, which is what some refer to it as.

Em on Jun, 23, 2014:

Death. Cocaine is deadly enough but mixing it with other drugs that can be abused (ie: oxycontin) or potentially leading to suicide (antidepressants).
    Sounds like a new doctor is necessary and treatment for drug abuse/addiction.
    By the way, the disease is RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS.
    I am not a primary care provider but have been a nurse for 27 years and have an MS degree so my advice and information are probably accurate but are not to be considered MEDICAL ADVICE. This information is only provided to assist you in discussing your medication and symptom, with a primary care provider (MD,DO, PA, FNP, NP. CNS...) and your pharmacist.

Em on Jun, 23, 2014:

Get your magnesium level checked and discuss hyperandrogenism with your physician. Signs &symptoms could be from many imbalances or conditions.

bumjumble on Jul, 14, 2014:

Ignore all these people saying DEATH and SPEEDBALL. It depends on the dosage of the oxycontin, so long as it's taken properly, not chewed or above the prescribed dosage she'll be fine, a few lines of coke won't do much damage either. Unless she's railing it all day everyday

Nic on Oct, 15, 2014:

Vit D can b helpful but synthetic vit D and vit D witout vit K can cause severe hardening of arteries and veins even in small doses. I mean severe! I take isotonic chealated vit d w K2 vit by nutrametrix. It's prescription but there are other non Rx products that are similar. Just getting 15 min of sun exposure a day very helpful. But please research for yourself abt dangers of vit d taken alone and these synthetic supplements. Wish good health and pain free days to all that are suffering so.

USAFRetired on Oct, 23, 2014:

I am in bad pain even with medicines. I have had increased heart arythmia and its been worse as the Dr. increased the oxycodone. I told the Dr. but they ignored me. I noticed something else. People in suits from drug companies were pushing the Dr. to use their pain meds. I caught a conversation betwen them aroun the corner as his door was cracked open. "How was your trip Doc? We're glad you enjoyed it." "Keep up the good work, your volume really increased since we last met." The drug, Oxycodone. I lost four people in our neighborhood to heart attacks and all were on either, oxycodone, Fentanyl, Hydrocodone, and others. How do I know they were on them? One day we had a gettogether and we had a late night bonfire. One man picked up some logs and yelled from the pain in his back. It opened the discussion. I am the only one living. I am slowly taking more pain and weaning myself off. They called me in for urine tests unannounced. I only take small doses (30 mg a day now) so it shows up. I want off. I have wife to care for as she is losing sight. I am in so much pain and surgeon keeps telling me surgery in my case is not good after he looked at MRI. Shattered back bone, 3 disks gone. I am struggling with this and I tolerate a lot of pain. I hate it. There is no out. Dr. assistant said there is nothing they can do for me other than increase to higher level. Its a catch 22.

Arlene. on Sep, 8, 2014:

@Susan... lol I was wondering if that could possibly be what was meant Codeine not cocaine.. I am like wow really...I keep my question to myself. hahaha

Rose on Sep, 9, 2014:

Hi ' I know this post is about 4 yrs too late and I hope your friend is still alive by some miracle but I just have to say that she is in serious danger and I believe addicted to drugs that cause highs of some sort , I can speak from experience because I almost died taking up to 120 mg of OxyContin a day, not only was I not dealing with my physical pain properly , I was also trying to hide from the pain of life emotionally. Please let me tell you that firstly the more you have the more you need eventually, and also OxyContin can and will eventually cause you more pain physically than when you started , I was not able to sleep beyond 1 or 2 am and would need to get up and watch TV for hrs then try and go back to bed after another dose , I was not able to eat much and eventually lost even the will and strength to have a shower or do anything at all. The OxyContin started to imitate fibromyalgia and the vicious circle went on, I was even trying to line different doctors up to get more scripts, I was a drug addict with a death wish .
    Please tell your friend to get help ASAP , for me I was shown grace and mercy , my pastor prayed for me, who by the way I was trying to pretend and lie to along with other friends I hadn't seen in ages because I had lost both will and energy to live, anyway he anointed me with oil for healing in Jesus name and to this day I am so grateful to God for my healing and restoration. It took about 2 months after that but I admitted myself into rehab and although it wasn't easy but After about 2 weeks through Gods love and grace and mercy I have a new and wonderful life. All my love Rose 🌹❤️

BRITANY on Oct, 11, 2014:

This is real take it serious, who will believe that a herb can cure five years HIV in my body, i never believe that this will work i have spend a lot when getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, what i was waiting for is death because i was broke, one day i hard about this great man who is well know of HIV and cancer cure, i decided to email him, unknowingly to me that this will be the end of the HIV aids in my body, he prepare the herb for me, and give me instruction on how to take it, at the end of the two week, he told me to go to the hospital for a check up, and i went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me negative, i thought it was a joke, i went to other hospital was also negative, then i took my friend who was also HIV positive to the Dr, after the treatment she was also confirm negative . He also have the herb to cure cancer please i want every one with this virus to be free, that is why
    am dropping his email address, gurmukhi7000demonsspell@outlook.com do email him he is a great man. the government is also interested in this DR, thank you
    for saving my life, and I promise I will always testify for your good work.

THANKS DOCTOR I AMS SO HAPPY THAT I FOUND YOU AS MY HEALER

BRITANY on Oct, 11, 2014:

for saving my life, and I promise I will always testify for your good work.
    doctor is also specialize on these also below:

1. HERPES
    15. Menopause – male
    16. Menopause – peri
    17. Menstruation problems
    18. Mercury Poisoning
    19. Migraine
    20. Miscarriage
    21. Mites (demodex mites)
    22. Mites (scabies mites)
    23. Motion sickness
    24. Mouth ulcer
    25. MRSA
    26. Multiple sclerosis
    27. Muscle cramps
    28. Myodesopsia
    29. Stroke
    30. He can as well cast and remove spell

THANKS DOCTOR I AMS SO HAPPY THAT I FOUND YOU AS MY HEALER

Sum on Oct, 12, 2014:

Has anyone on this site thought about reading
    Depression Free Naturally By Dr. Joan Matthews Larson?
    She sure could help a lot of you.
    Best Wishes

Mikel1771 on Oct, 25, 2014:

I know this is over a year old but keep telling the truth man, people need to hear it. It's easier for kids to get street drugs then legal ones like booze, why? Because booze is highly regulated and people are educated about it. Same thing we need to do with marijuana and amphetamines. Fear is always a poor motivator and people are irrationally afraid of these two drugs in particular especially the former. Pot is not addictive people and its no more a "gateway" drug then beer. Stop listening to e people who are prospering from the millions of taxpayer dollars spent harassing the average pot smoker and giving power to the drug lords so they can have another bogey man to make you afraid so you will agree to higher taxes and allowing your freedom to be slowly siphoned off in the name of "safety" stop being a sheep and be a shepherd...

• From this study (2 weeks ago):

• I have been in pain and have suffered for over 7 years with muscle pain with cramping, aching, burning, stinging, pins/needles, weakness, numbness and paralysis, etc. I live with fatigue and utter exhaustion everyday and hate having to take medicine period, but have no choice in the matter. I know that this is something serious..I can feel it. I just have to get the Doctors, to find it...and fix whatever it is that is wrong.
    I am trying to find what is the root cause of it all, then I might be able to find some relief.."Lord Willing". I have always been a driven individual and love life. I am a fighter and a survivor, so I will continue forward..until I find a way to the answer.
    The pain level stays around 5 or 6 everyday and can be overwhelming at times, but I pray and I find relief for a moment..from The Lord. Grateful to be alive. Just want life to be normal again and to be able, to spend my time with my family that I have missed so much of.

Grace on Oct, 18, 2014:

Sounds like Lyme disease to me. It's in all 50 States.

• From this study (2 months ago):

• Kevin Peters Ph.d on Mar, 4, 2013:

Sammy, I'm a white 45 male; just wanted to agree on that Klonopin remark. When I was 21 I had my second kidney transplant which was a BAD issue all together, at any rate the hospital did not include my medications taken at home after my surgery. I went thru the worst hallucinations and jerking and seizures you could ever possibly imagine. This went on for almost 3 1/2 weeks before we decided to have me taken OUT of the hospital and relocated before they ended up taking my life. Then the whole staff of paychology including the chief of psychiatry cane in my room to see what they could do, Finallu. During one of my few moments of clarity the C.O.F after blaming me if talking "drugs" prior to my transplant listened to my word of telling him the meds I was on before being admitted. After asking when was the last time I had received my Klonopin and me not knowing, he then reviewed the charts, and didn't see me receiving this med once. He stormed out of the room of about 9 docs and came back in with two Klonopin; for the first time in almost 4 weeks and after three surgeries the first 72 hours I was hospitalized, I was sleeping like a baby, for about 49 hours with NO MORE hallucinations, or seizures or jerking! I finally got out of there without a kidney since that kidney was supposed to go to another man named the same as I in a different city! I do take Xanax and probably always will. The half life on Klonopin is much different hence one if its dangers, Nevwr Ever stop this drug cold! I've been on dialysis 25 1/2 years now and suffered from intense skin cancers, but have fought and done all I can do to live a normal as possible life, working full time except when I'm in yet another surgery, over 32 general anesthetic procedures since 1987. I was the youngest boy-man to ever be on the USA soccer team ready to play in the Korea 1988 Olympics. What a change in life.....
    All the Best,
    K. Peters

chris on Jun, 4, 2011:

i have been taking clonzepam and trazedone and my speech is a very hoarse voice, I am wondering if if my speech problem is from these drugs's side effects.

TwoDimes on Apr, 15, 2012:

Upon occasion, I, too, have become hoarse and from the use of Klonopin. I was VERY hoarse when I tried to cold turkey off of 4mgs of Klonopin. I am now down to 1.5mgs per day and, still, (as I said, upon occasion, I become hoarse. I am sure that the use of Klonopin is the causative factor. - TwoDimes -

SammySushi on Jul, 10, 2012:

Omigosh, never cold turkey clonopin, esp that high of a dose. My dad had a major seizure and hallucinations doing so.

Christophe on Nov, 13, 2012:

Hello,
    I suffer from Hypothyroidism, High Cholesterol & Cancer survivor because of Zyprexa use and previously being prescribed Carbamezapine causing Thyroid damage. My best advice to you if you don't want Hypothyroidism is have regular blood tests, Thyroid damage can be undetected for up to 5 years with no symptoms found on regular blood tests prematurally. Make sure you buy iodised salt to use on food when eating this will help reduce your risk of getting Hypothyroidism. two signs of Hypothyriodism which the Carbamezapine & Zyprexa medication boxes labels wont tell you is if your face becomes puffed up, red or sun sensitive while taking these medications this is a sign of Hypothyroidism. It wont be found on your blood test but later on it could appear out of the blue. The other sign to look for is baldness or hair loss on your head, this is another symptom. I hope these comments will help you. You have to weight up the benefits and negatives taking medications if you decide to take these medicines or not. It depends on how you cope with the drug side effects.
    from Christophe

AUDREY on Dec, 16, 2012:

STARTED TAKING DILTIAZEM 60 MG AND I AM VERY CONSTIPATED. 70 YEARS OLD, HEART SURGERY A FAST HEART RATE....

Sonya on Feb, 24, 2013:

You definately need to take a stool softener...straining during defication can cause major problems in people with cardiac problems.

Stillaguamish on Sep, 6, 2014:

My heart breaks for you and I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. I recently had two surgeries and was outraged at hospital treatment. I had to demand my regular meds and when they gave in, they only gave me 3 of 6

• From this study (4 months ago):

• I have severe nausea, dizziness,headache, incontinence when taking Fondapariaux Sodium and Aritra have light headness, somnolence. I need to be on a anticoagulant because of stents just placed 6 months ago.

• From this study (5 months ago):

• 27 L knee operations, three massive L knee infections resulting in a third and final arthoplasty revision. Extensive soft tissue damage resulting in perminante subqutanious sutuers and locking full leg brace, also perminante.

Daily swelling in the knee joint (4 to 6 cm daily). Constant pain as well as additional pain when walking.

• From this study (6 months ago):

• Rhs on Oct, 13, 2012:

Get your medical records
    and consult w/your doctor

nate14yrproblem on May, 16, 2014:

Natewill36@gmail.com or 337 427 0891

Courtney on Oct, 11, 2012:

So when I was a young child I was placed on Depakote, Haldol, Risperdol, and Trazadone. Heavy doses that made me lose memory of a large portion of my life, years I can't remember. I am now 22 and I am curious as to why these medications would be perscribed to a child, and nothing is able to be done about it??

curious mother on Oct, 12, 2012:

why were you given depokate do you have a seizure disorder? keepin mind that this drug needs to be monitored regularly for liver damage

Courtney on Oct, 12, 2012:

That is the thing, I never had seizures, nor was I or am I bipolar.. my psycitrist placed me on these things.

Valg on Oct, 14, 2012:

What was going on in your life before this? Why were you see a psychiatrist? Haldol and Risperdal are very strong anti psychotic medications. Depakote is an anti seizure medication but it is also used to treat aggression. Trazodone is an antidepressant but it also help with insomnia. Did something happen in your childhood that caused you to have a break with reality? You indicated that you have a memory loss from this period. Those medications are usually reserved for someone suffering from severe psychosis. I don't know anything about your family, but someone must know something. Check with your caregiver. You have a right to know why you were put on that much medication. Check with your physician you have a right to your medical records. Also just because someone put you on those medications once does not mean that there is anything wrong with you now. I have a friend that was put on a medication for manic depression as a teen. She was on it for about a year. She has never taken any meds for that disease since. (That was 25 years ago). She did however have a brief period of psychosis and they thought she was manic. Good luck to you. Don't worry too much over it but try and get some answers :)

trust1983 on Dec, 3, 2012:

Is it true in the states that a psych doc can up and just leave and refuse to treat you because you tried to kill yourself, especially if you didn't have a contact for life with you r doc?

J.p. on Dec, 6, 2012:

I know how you feel I have adhd and im sending my mother to an early grave no matter how hard I try I always get angry or yell we dont meen it

Concerned on Oct, 17, 2012:

First time I've done this. However... I have just been prescribed a medication and checked for side-effects, on line. Your postings came up and they really alarmed me, particularly the responses. I think you should get to your GP/Health Practice, asap, and stop mucking about delaying things by seeking answers online (which, frankly, aren't going to sort things out for you). Go and see your doctor/health professional. Don't rely on responses from your posting on the internet. I think you really need to sort this out. Sorry to sound hard, but I have a daughter who does the same thing and, really, as she realises (now), you need to seek help from health professionals, not internet strangers. There you have it! Sorry, as I say, to sound hard. But, get it together and, good luck.

Gary Dunn on Oct, 22, 2012:

I agree with you opinion to seek professional and expert help with medical opinions as being your own doctor can be fatal. Even going the extra step and get multiple opinions from several doctors. Every drug and application is slightly different and unless you are willing to become the expert on its use and your own personal application, which may take years of real research, and quantitative testing, as well as documented historical analyses you are headed for trouble. So stop and rethink your course of action, the internet is not a flash cure or instant answer, as a student, teacher, and very old guy, I can tell you that absolute answers are there but very hard to nail down, get professional help. Another course of action might be contacting your local university and proposing it to one of the professors to assign to a grad student, who has the time and facilities to properly evaluate the problem, and get a professional review, as well as confirming data. If your doctors seem at odds with the answer try contacting the Pharm Manufacturer directly with your specific questions and asking if and letting them know your reactions and specific parameters. Don't try luck, it could get you dead. Gary Dunn, thank you.

Tankerswife on Apr, 30, 2013:

Thank you NickJC! I will look into that today!

DrWildcat on Nov, 20, 2012:

The first step is ALWAYS professional advise, but doctors are not always forthcoming with info you need to know about your condition/meds. Some prescribe like candy and don't know or check for interactions, side effects, etc. Where your health is concerned pro-active is the only way to go.

Bree on Dec, 4, 2012:

A bit harsh....if someone wrote this to me I would feel worse....Please think inside our head's. Totally different to knowing someone with depression etc than thinking like some one with it.

ian on Nov, 26, 2012:

because at the end of the day, psychiatrists don't really care about you and big pharma is anon-american based company only out to profit.

they're killing humans with their poison.

Meh... on Nov, 27, 2012:

We wish it was as simple as that, the sad truth is most free physicatrist just dont care, I was banned from mine for threating suicide... Life isn't as simple as your making it sound, were here because them systems failed us.

Melynda on Nov, 29, 2012:

We adopted our son when he was 6. He is now 10. He was on ALL the medications you listed and he never had a seizure disorder. On the other hand he was misdiagnosed as having an Autistic disorder and he has PDD, low IQ, can be aggressive at times, was born addicted to drugs and has ADHD. He is very impulsive and can have explosive moods if he thinks he is not being treated fairly, but he is also a loving child craving attention, affection and acceptance. I personally think they just considered him crazy and wanted to dope him up to calm him down. He was sleepy all the time. We took him off of the Depakote first and he was still the same, just not as sleepy or as hard to wake in the morning. After taking him off of the medications he was a kid with a low IQ that was hyper, but pretty much the same and he didn't sleep the day away. He has fewer outbursts now without any medication and a couple therapists and a great special needs teacher. He is finally potty trained and learning his ABC's. I think with the medication he would have been so low he would never have learned any new skills or stopped wetting the bed because he couldn't wake up at night. I feel so sorry for him and all the other children who are over-medicated just so their parents can handle them with the least amount of effort.
    That's my experience with the medication. One more thing; he bumps his head most of the night while he sleeps on his mattress and he did that less on the medication, but I think a soothing thing like rocking yourself to sleep or bumping your head on your mattress is small compared to liver damage or cancer. The kid suffered a lot before we adopted him and we love him and get him the help he needs instead of pumping him full of drugs that just turn him into a zombie that can't understand what's going on around him.

princess on Dec, 1, 2012:

I know it can get frustrating with so many doctors, so many different medications and hearing everyone being diagnosed with their "miracle pills" . It does suck when you feel like you have been running around in circles for years and you are the ginnie pig. I don't know how it is for you, but for me, I have been blessed with some great doctors who actually listen. I will say it was really hard, insurance changes, doctor swapping, having to pay out of pocket.... But when you find your "miracle pills" you feel a bit better. I still have 6 different doctors, not cheap, some good days some bad. Ive been doing this now for 20 years. I will cross my fingers for everyone.

Jen on Dec, 2, 2012:

I am a 42 yr. old mom of 2 boys. I have a seizure disorder, heart palpatations, and was diagnosed as bipolar at the age of 30. My 16 year old also has been diagnosed with ADHD @ age 5. Now psych. says he is bipolar. I wanted to tell you that we have our struggles. The warning I wanted to share is despite the "magic pills" always research his meds on your own. Example: neuro knew all my meds. Yet, despite a HUGE shift in my thinking (suicidal and aggressive)the neuro refused to see me for a month. RED FLAG and took myself to the E.R..Psych doc said, "Lithium and Propanolol should never be prescribed to a person with my med. history".Needless to say, I have dumped him and the entire plan to insure my mind has a chance to heal. Blessings to you and your dear son.

jas on Dec, 8, 2012:

Hi just been reading this site! Couldn't agree more, as a fourtees female with ADHD i believe in taking a natural approach first ( after all where do phacueticals come from? NATURE also our bodies were not designed to process synthetics!! As ive been battling with DEPRESSION & ANXIETY for many years i found out about TYROSENE & the part it plays in the human brain. Anyway it turns out low levels caused by stress or genetics cause DEPRESSION & Anxiety Suprise^ How ever i think seeing Dr's and researching is allways a good idea as others have stated!.

Perla on Dec, 5, 2012:

Hey everyone im here with review, and I finally know this helped my IBS. Im a healthy woman in her mid-40s, just slightly overweight, but not too much. I have been taking fiber supplements for a few months now, but the brand really matters. My nutritionist recommended the Lady Soma brand after trying some supplements that did not work. Specifically, it was the Lady Some Fiber Cleanse which is made just for women.

I can tell you what a difference it has made for me. Not only just going to the bathroom but for general well being. i felt a very constipated before. I would recommend this to anyone looking to try a fiber supplement for the first time. even though you only get 30 days or less with this its still a GREAT price for a fiber supplement.

Trololololol on Dec, 5, 2012:

Try hypnotherapy I lost my memory of who I was after a road accident for around 2 years until I started hypnotherapy and I have now managed to recover all my memories.

li on Dec, 8, 2012:

search about mkultra human experiences...also Barrie Trower is a British physicist and former microwave weapons expert for the Royal Navy and the British Secret Service. During the 1960's see the interview....governments are implant babies...search By Rauni-Leena Luukanen-Kilde, MD
    Former Chief Medical Officer of Finland
    December 6, 2000

search kevin warwick "By means of the implant, Warwick's nervous system was connected onto the internet in Columbia University, New York. From there he was able to control the robot arm in the University of Reading and to obtain feedback from sensors in the finger tips. He also successfully connected ultrasonic sensors on a baseball cap and experienced a form of extra sensory input.[37]

A highly publicised extension to the experiment, in which a simpler array was implanted into the arm of Warwick's wife—with the ultimate aim of one day creating a form of telepathy or empathy using the Internet to communicate the signal from afar—was also successful in-so-far as it resulted in the first direct and purely electronic communication between the nervous systems of two humans.[38] Finally
    "

NickJC on Jan, 5, 2013:

This isn't a debate forum for bloggers It does though merit an URGENT PROMPT for its readers to BE proactive with prescribed meds. Victims of drug fatal side effects, given by inept, or kick back receiving MDs aren"t here to testify. Some MDs rather bury their mistakes, than report to FDA MedWatch fatal drugs they prescribed. So patients are often left helpless. DrWildcat’s cited above issue on amiodarone would be true only if MDs knew drug toxicities and diligent in managing them. Amio's cardio QT cycle extending benefit DOES NOT outweigh its risks of fatal pulmonary, hepatic, thyroid, CNS, and ocular damage. No safety margins exist in managing today’s ASSEMBLY LINE type med care. Stats show more than 100,000 persons die/yr due to med malpractice. Amio as an iodine-supplement, is very toxic and doesn't metabolize as all other drugs. To be effective all patient’s body cells must be loaded with it. As a result one can't get rid of it till cells die and depending on cell type, that takes months to years while toxicity continues to effect bio cell function. Despite this MDs give amio. for arrhythmias other than fatal ventricular i.e., Atrial Fib., etc., that contrary to FDA’s prompts to use “as a last resort & ONLY when other meds proved ineffective”. When an MD has to handle 20-25 patients/8-hr day there is no time to check & PATIENT BE AWARE of your life at RISK.
    Many US Pharm.Co. deserve and DO GET SUPERPROFITS from their products which most often SAVE OUR LIVES. However it's not a secret that many hire 1/2 dozen lobbyists or more for each member of Congress to back their product whether or not the product saves or hurts lives. So It's sad that a country like US spends 10% of its GDP on medical care, lose more of its citizens to bad drugs than all traffic accidents combined, & still have 80% of its citizen’s bankrupt due to med care costs.
    GUARD YOUR LIFE STAY DRUG ALERT

karen on Dec, 21, 2012:

The system failed you! What? You weren't saying that you were at the shrink because of the system were you? Mental health issues cannot be blamed on the system. You inherited it, or were wrought with trauma or you are a product of a really bad family situation. Think before you post.

Pam on Dec, 21, 2012:

**Karen
    I sure hope you were joking.
    If you were not? Then YOU need to think before you post.
    Look up the definition of system.
    EVERY SYSTEM brakes down or will need an update.

Help for some but not all on Dec, 21, 2012:

under ground documentaries dot com
    category health-and-food
    Dead Wrong: How Psychiatric Drugs Can Kill Your Child (Full Version)
    From the makers of the award-winning documentaries Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging and The Marketing of Madness: Are We All Insane? comes this searing new documentary, exposing how devastating—and deadly—psychiatric drugs can be for children and families. Behind the grim statistics of deaths, suicides, birth defects and serious adverse reactions is [...]

Nick JC on Jan, 1, 2013:

I am surprised at some reader questions relating to grossly dangerous drugs no fit to be in the market.
    They hit the market and stay on because of manuf
    connections, GREED and patient desperation for a cure/relief by trusting and looking at an MD as their GOD..
    There are more DEATHS due to drugs in the US than
    all traffic accidents combined.
    Think!!! a well known Manuf produced amiodarone internationally at a cost of $2.5 million.
    Return of Mnuf investment $1.5 BILLIONS
    Stats will show that this drug is neither effective nor safe. Yet out of desperation THOUSANDS of death occurred due to it.
    GOOGLE "the dangers of amiodarone"
    and make sure you google all drugs you take....

DrWildcat on Jan, 2, 2013:

If you research amiodorone you will find that it is only used in closely monitored hospital settings to try to reverse fatal ventricular arrythmias. In other words, it is used to try to revive someone who is basically already dead. And it has saved many lives.
    You all should keep an open mind and thoroughly do your research. Keep in mind that on a site like this you're primarily going to hear about adverse reactions. People who have greatly benefitted from their medication(s)generally don't go online - they're just happy to be healthy and alive.
    Everything you put in your mouth can be potentially harmful; even a peanut can kill the right person. Hence the phrases, "weighing the pros and cons" and "the benefit outweighs the risk".
    So, educate yourself to make the right decisions regarding your healthcare and stop ripping the pharmaceutical houses that are producing products that are improving and saving our lives.

wardog808 on Jan, 6, 2013:

Hi courtney, you may have been prescribed this for lack of sleep and depression. serotonin re-uptake inhibitors, serotonin makes you feel happier, its a chemical produced by your brain functions. if you was not sleeping well it would explain the high dose. I too suffer with depression and am a 40yr old male from the u.k so bi polar hasnt been recognised for me although i do go from feeling great to feeling low in minutes. I find being pro active helps. going for a run or a brisk walk. I hope this helps you.

aaa on Jan, 7, 2013:

I have RA and it can be very painful. A recent lapse made things very difficult to function. I was given Oxy IR because I can not take NSAIDS. The Oxy IR did absolutely nothing for the pain after about 5 min the pain came back. The doctor finally put me back on a high dose of prednisone for a month. About a week after taking it I felt the pain start to ease up. There are many new drugs for RA that do work and dont make you high. Recreational drugs do not help because you need to put the disease in remission by treating the disease (inflammation of the joints) and not just the symptoms (pain)

melly on Jan, 9, 2013:

I am posting in response to Nick JC and his comments regarding amiodarone (AKA: Cordorone). I don't believe you are a healthcare provider, otherwise you would be more cautious regarding the information you posted. Amiodarone is a very dangerous drug but I, as a cardiac critical care RN, would also include that patients taking this medication should NEVER STOP TAKING AMIODARONE WITHOUT TALKING WITH THEIR DOCTOR FIRST!! You are correct., there are other less toxic medications to treat some arrhythmias. Most physicians are very hesitant to start amiodarone without a very good reason. As for a fib and other non-fatal arrhythmias, some patients rhythms do not respond to other drugs. Left untreated non-lethal arrhythmias often lead to debilitating heart failure or even worse, lethal arrhythmias. Patients should be educated regarding their care, and that includes their medications. Your statements on this site should be prefaced with warnings that patients should consult their cardiologist or other physician prior to stopping Amiodarone or any other medication and if those symptoms become life threatening to call 911!!

NickJC on Jan, 9, 2013:

Melly ! I am happy that you have taken the time to respond to my entry. You are right! Not a medical professional but a physicist by profession aware of the heart’s electrical physiology. Victim I may add to MD blind trust when it comes to amiodarone . A victim of permanent thyroid damage, peripheral neuropathy and eye sight issues all of which are the result of incopetent use of this drug. As an RN please google and study the topics below to better serve patients, and prompt all the MDs you serve to use this drug AS A LAST RESORT and to read the many medical journal they failed to or have had no time to read i.e., FDA Alert 05/2005: Information for Heathcare Professionals
    "Frequency, characteristics, and risk factors for amiodarone neurotoxicity" "The effects of amiodarone on the thyroid" "Amiodarone induced cardiovascular toxicity", Journal of neuro mascular disease "Amiodarone-Induced Neuromyopathy
    etc., etc., and excluding liver damage or death due to lung fibrosis, but more to the point from the New England Journal Of Medicine: "Amiodarone in Patients with Congestive Heart Failure and Asymptomatic Ventricular Arrhythmia",and i quote
    “..although amiodarone was effective in suppressing ventricular arrhythmias and improving ventricular function, it did not reduce the incidence of sudden death or prolong survival.."
    furthermore from MedLink:
    "The most common amiodarone-related neuro toxicities are tremor, ataxia, and peripheral neuropathy; more infrequent neurotoxicities include myopathy, optic neuropathy, basal ganglia dysfunction, encephalopathy, and pseudotumor cerebri"... BE AWARE

Tankerswife on Jan, 13, 2013:

I took trazadone and and something else and I don't remember a lot too. I got in an accident I was takin in on DUI and was in jail for 4 days. I don't remember any of it. Then I got out and the next day got in another accident and went back to jail. I don't remember any of it at all. I don't remember work for a while b4 my accidents either.

Chel on Jan, 14, 2013:

I was a healthy 19 year old who started to experience a lot of stress at university. The *very first* things the school psychiatrist gave me were Risperdal for anxiety and Trazadone for sleeping. I had no history of nor presentation of psychosis-- just acute anxiety. When I started gaining a startling amount of weight and spontaneously lactating, I was put through 2 months of expensive tests including several rounds of brain imaging, systemic MRI, and a mammogram. I was told I probably had a tumor somewhere, they just had to find out where. Finally an endocrinologist looked at my chart, said "oh, you're taking Risperdal? That's the cause right there." And it was. (Ironic that a medication prescribed for anxiety caused me so much severe stress!)
    So not only did the licensed, state-university-employed psychiatrist use a heavy antipsychotic as the first line of treatment for simple anxiety, but she and ALL the medical professionals who looked at my chart during those awful 2 months failed to see that I was exhibiting known side effects of a medication.
    Years later, I am now a licensed psychiatric researcher myself. I work within that "system" and with "big pharma," and I do not condemn either as a whole. But while I would never recommend against seeing a licensed professional for any serious concerns, I also would never discourage anyone from doing their own research. You can read stories like mine all over the internet from people who might have been saved time, money, and considerable distress with a little independent research.

Lindsey on Jan, 29, 2013:

Depekote is prescribed for Bipolar disorder too. I took it with Paxil.

Stephanie on Jan, 28, 2013:

Depakote was used on me for many years to treat mood disorder. it has many uses. The only drawl back to it for me was the weight gain.

Disgusted on Mar, 9, 2013:

Avoid all psychotropes. They are illegal to prescribe to children. Should be illegal for the human race.

Disgusted on Mar, 9, 2013:

Psychiatrists are the scum bottom of any med school class. Opinion and money drive their motives. You didn't need any of that garbage.

NJC on Mar, 21, 2013:

Chel!
    You are taking the words out of my mouth relating to bloggers and their hesitation to check out any drugs they may be taking....Read my NJC Inputs above.
    We have been brought up to trust the professionals as our Gods....They are not!
    Some of them are Great and humble when it comes to recognizing their limitations....others are Arrogant and dangerous because they don't recognize their ignorance! and or hate to admit it!! So they go on unquestioned till it's too late,,,and even then they try to bury their mistakes......
    BE ALERT, AND PROACTIVE WHEN IT COMES TO BOTH
    A DRUG AND THE PROFESSIONAL THAT PRESCRIBES IT. A COMPETENT MD WILL DISCUSS DRUG REASON, ITS MECHANISM & EFFECTIVENESS BEFORE ORDERING IT
    Such discussion may change the MD's mind!

IncompetentDrDadSentMeToHealthHell on Mar, 30, 2013:

Hi NJC,

HUGE STORY (my OWN) THAT WOULD TURN YOUR INSIDES ONCE YOU HEAR IT about how my FATHER A SO CALLED MEDICAL PHYSICIAN WHO HAS BEEN IN PRACTICE AND RESIDENCY AND GRADUATED STONYBROOK IN 1982 RUINED MY HEALTH TO THE POINT WHERE HE SHOULD BE STRIPED OF ALL OF HIS MEDICAL DEGREES DIPLOMAS HIS GENERAL COLLEGE DEGREE AND HIS HS DIPLOMA AND PUT THROUGH THE SAME HELL HE PUT ME THROUGH WHO KNOWS HOW MANY PATIENTS (hes a GENEREAL PRACTITIONER) HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE SAME?! Moms a TEACHER and a factor in the psych, physical and emotional truama! She blamed it on being PRE-DISPOSED TO A FATHER WHO WAS AN ABUSIVE DRUNK! DAD TOOK ME FROM EVERY DOC (including a psychiatrist who said shes sane no more pills and removed me because he could NOT HANDLE ANY ONE CONTRADICTING HIS VIEWS OF HIS DISABLED KID BEING INSANE AND HAVING TO BE SHUT UP SO HE DIDN’T LOSE HIS JOB!) WHO BELIEVED ME AND PUT ME IN FORCED PSYCH TO SHUT ME UP ABOUT THEIR BULL AND SO MUCH MORE HORROR YOU’D WANT TO DESTROY THEM BY THE SAME FATE I SUFFERED! (I will NOT say anymore here for fear of the "INTERNET OVERLORDS" finding my story too "GRAPHIC" to stay up here, BUT IT IS A GOOD AND IMPORTANT READ TO KNOW HOW THE WORLDS DESTROYING US BY LETTING DOCS RUIN THEIR OWN CHILDRENS HEALTH WHEN THEY ARE UNDERAGED AND CAN HAVE NO SAY AND THUS NEVER BE CAUGHT SO GO ON PRACTING DESTROYING THE LIVES OF 1000s SINCE NO ONE WILL BELIEVE THE KID NOW THAT SHE IS AN INSTITUIONALIZED DUSABLED CRAZY GIRL AND GOES TO CONFIRM THAT THE HORRORS OF THE PLACES SIMILAR TO THE ELECTROSHOCK CAMPS USED TO “NORMALIZE” THE DISABLED MOST WANT TO FORGET AND/OR DISMISS STILL EXIST! PERSONAL/RELIGIOUS VIEWS EFFECT HOW THEY HANDLE MEDICAL TREATMENT FOR THEIR CHILDREN AND IF YOU THINK IT STOPS THEIR IT GOES INTO THEIR PRACTICE AS WELL AND CAN INCLUDE TELLING PEOPLE NOT TO BE TESTED FOR AIDS! IF THEY TREAT THEIR FAMILY THIS WAY DO YOU WANT THEM TREATING YOURS)!?!
    Feel free to contact me at jessicaleichtling @ hot mail dot com

NJC on Mar, 31, 2013:

Jessica!
    I am sorry to hear of your present life's misfortune. There is hope out there.Don't despair!!
    As a dad I can tell you dad's care a lot about their daughters, I assure you of that no matter what dad's say or do! Nature wired dad's to care for their girls even more than their own sons......
    Many MDs too are humble, well behaved and worth listening to for advise,moral support and even
    trustworthy of their prescription medicine for relief.
    Please be open minded, talk to a life-educated MD (i.e., older in age and a lot of practice). There is much more out there than we think. The brain and psyche is a nature's mystery to all. Slowly but surely however the secrets are daily being uncovered. Hung in there!!!
    Be patient, receptive to competent MD prescribed neurotransmitter relief, hormonal balance, and keep your mind busy reading, movies, blogs,youtube, net, writing, talking to friends etc.,
    STAY WELL

NickJC on Mar, 31, 2013:

Tankerswife!
    I am very sorry to read of your bad experiences with the law. It is not your fault but rather the fault of the MD that prescribed it to you without making you FULLY AWARE OF ITS SIDE EFFECTS.
    Please Google:
    Trazodone: Common sleep drug is little-known antidepressant
    which is a consumer report on the drug.
    This antidepressant is like many other drugs "off label drug". That means that the FDA authorized its use for a specific use other than the MDs take the liberty of prescribing it. Report your experience to the FDA and Contact the Md that prescribed it, holding him accountable for your misfortune....If not the MD will keep doing his thing and make someone else suffer like you...PUT A STOP TO THIS, STAY WELL & DRUGS ALERT

Girl_narcolepsy on Jun, 15, 2013:

BTW I was diagnosed with major depression (and was on my share of ridiculous meds) turns out I had narcolepsy all along!!!

jimmy on Apr, 29, 2013:

Congrats to you, makes a person believe in a God when the so called professionals don't really care and distance themselves or go ahead and prescribe you meds knowing the chance that you may kill yourself saying 'we"ll just keep a close eye on you'!I live 30 to 45min from the doctors that wanted to pump me full of higher doses of cymbalta after I had confessed to them that it made me invision to the exact details of how I was going to kill myself, something of which I hadn't a problem with before! Doctors just wanted to take the easy way for them to say my pain was due to depression of which it's not but had I killed myself it would have been ritten off as just a suicide and the doctors were trying to help (yea right)! They just don't know what to do to help me nor have the ambition to study anything the answers were'nt given to them in college! By the way if you didn't see what I had written earlier, around the same time My friends wife comitted suicide in her car for him to find in the garage, she was being watched closely by a doctor that prescribbed her cymbalta! If I had only knew, maybe I could have saved her since I know the danger!

Girl_narcolepsy on Jun, 15, 2013:

I agree, we are talking about fatal arrhythmia?

antiArrhythmia medications are extremely toxic and if prescribed to someone with a non serious arrhythmia (like mine) COULD lead to a arrhythmia that is very serious.

As for vfib?? and serious matters?? There are other ways and really patients like that need to have an AED because you can go into cardiac arrest and need shock asap.

The information on arrhythmia is constantly changing, and some that were once considered very serious have been studied and do not post a risk unless there is other heart damage.

I'm not disputing these medications have a legitimate purpose, but a patient should be aware of the risks.

As for medications in general, there are some that will pose a risk, and depending on your condition it needs to be weighed very carefully. I have narcolepsy, and take Adderall, it helps me stay awake, but my doctor and I discuss the risks vs benefits.

Pharma... why can't we have them negotiate prices like other countries?

I'm a 3rd year med-student, former RN/Paramedic

nate14yrproblem on May, 16, 2014:

Been having problem since 2003 or 4 after taking paxil back in 2001. Need help fast before I lose it. Some body any call me please. Very scared and don't know what to do. Over the last two yes Drs. Have been prescribing me med with hydrochloride. I just put it all together. Paxil 2000, Trazodone 2013 to present, Amitriptyline 2013 stopped after taking only one pill and it increased pain 20 folds, tizanidine 2013 stopped after I felt something wasn't right, gabapentin 2013 just stopped but it helped me realize what's killing me and Methocarbamol. To top all that off I have 2 bludging disc two herniated disc, the nerves was compressed. And twisted nerves from head to toe. I thank God for the gift of faith. He's getting me through this.

• From this study (7 months ago):

• I am experiencing intentional movements when going to sleep. The movements follow what I am dreaming about.

Liz on May, 2, 2014:

Tumeric gave me very bad chest pain radiating to my left arm and a migraine at the same time that came on suddenly and left as soon as the chest pain left.

I tried putting it in milk and got the same reaction.
    I made lamb curry and ate a bit of that and it had tumeric and had the chest pain, sweating, headache.

I tried putting it in bone broth and got very bad chest pains I went to the emergency room thinking i was having a heart attack.

• From this study (7 months ago):

• Rheumatoid Arthritis, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, Acid Reflux, Lichen Sclerosus, Vulvodynia, Spinal Stenosis

• From this study (7 months ago):

• Over past 6+ years, hair has thinned by half.

help on Apr, 9, 2014:

hair loss maybe due to thyroid issues?

• From this study (11 months ago):

• Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.

• From this study (13 months ago):

• Items in section 3 are currently under evaluation. Most began to emerge, subtly, approximately 11 years ago and have intensified over the past 2-3 years. Myelomalacia involving a 9.5-cm segment of the posterior column of the spinal cord was demonstrated on MRI 2 weeks ago.

• From this study (1 year ago):

• Please help me, I don't know if it is my age or if it is all of this medication and suppliments I am taking but here over the last few month my health has been deterating.

• From this study (1 year ago):

• The pill for insomnia called ambien I only take rarely, as is valium. Only when having anxiety attacks. One pill has all the herbs and supplements. It is calledPower to Sleep

• From this study (1 year ago):

• I was in a MVA 2 1/2 years ago, I was an RN and was left unable to work. 3 months after the MVA I underwent a Hysterectomy found 4th grade Endometriosis with Adhesions. Only able to remove uterus, cervix is stuck to bowel unable to remove both ovaries retained. Underwent 2 rounds of 6 months each of Depro Lupron injections endometriosis symptoms subsided for 6-8 months and has since returned being cyclic for 12-15 days a month. During the time between the mva and hysterectomy 2 week period of stiffness, unable to move easily sent to rhuematologist found to recently had Parvo Recovered from that. Over time Rheumatologist diagnosed with connective tissue disorder started on Plaquenil and Prednisone. Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Sent to pain management diagnosed with pelvic floor tension myalgia, vuvlodynia, vaginal spasms, low testosterone and intersticial cystitis. Sent to sexual medicine doctor, found muscle damage from hysterectomy did trigger point injections and physical therapy deep tissue massage. Then I tore ACL and Medial Meniscus, unable to continue with pelvic pain doctor because gait was messing up what they were fixing. routine blood test found K+ to be 2.5 started on supplements of 40 meq a day of K+. Total body swelling started overnight started on Lasix, no improvement changed to Bumex edema decreased, potassium increased to 60 meq a day. I have been on pain medication since the MVA I have gone from Vicodin, valium to Percocet oxicontin, to MS Contin, Methadone, Butrans Patch and Now I am on Exalgo 12 mg once a day with 2 mg of dilaudid at bedtime. This does not seem to be working. I have constant abdominal/pelvic pain, vaginal spasms, bladder pain, kidney pain after the Bumex has worn off. I have developed Peripheral Neuropathy of my feet from taking crestor and hydroxychloroquine together, then they changed me to Lipitor, which is a statin and will do the same, Primary MD disagrees. I have suffered from Depression, anxiety, Panic attacks and migraines for over 10 years these are inherited conditions in Maternal Grandmother and Mother, migraines in Father also. They are now looking at Sjogrens Syndrome. Was on Vitamin B6 new medical journals say women should not take more than 10-50 mg a day-otc bottles say 100mg so pain management said I am suffering from vitamin B3 overdose and serotonin syndrome, trying to cut back on anti depressives and anti anxiety meds, but now is not really the time to do, I have been turned down for disability X2

Priti on May, 7, 2013:

Become a vegan, leave animal protein, do yoga and chant " Nam myoho renge Kyo". Search the website "Soka Gakkai International" , practice this philosophy and see the results.

• From this study (2 years ago):

• emelita on Mar, 24, 2011:

Yesterday I ask my pharmacy to print me a copy of all the medicine i have taken and he is kind enough to print me from 2005 to present 2011. I have seen that I have been on lisinopryl since or maybe as early as 2005 to 2009. On 2008 I have been diagnose with Uterus cancer so i have an extensive Hysterectomy. By the way all symptoms that I have at the time I am taking lisinopryl is the pain on my hips which I cannot walk much and sit much and stand much. I have always infections which wont go away. after the hysterectomy, the hips pains go away and the infections go away too. After that I change Doctor and he gave me a different HB pills. Now one week ago I started feeling the pain again after the Doctor change my medication So I started digging on what mediation I am taking that resulted of me having a cancer on the uterus and this lisinopryl is the culprit. lisinopryl. at that time I am also taking Atenolol 100 mg.

amanda biggs on Aug, 31, 2012:

i have breast cancer and i was not feel well so went to doctor and they put me no penicillin vk are they shue it all right to take them

Emm on Apr, 9, 2013:

It is highly unlikely that Lisinopril caused your cancer. You say you also take Atenolol. Both of these medications affect potassium levels in the blood. Altered potassium can cause muscle pain and cramping. The cancer also causes pain. If you are in remission make an appt ASAP. I pray for your recovery. Drink plenty of fluids, eat a mostly raw diet, and do all you can to stay well. Good luck.

• From this study (2 years ago):

• have had red itchy inflamation {rash like} swelling of throat and tongue shortness of breath chest pain numbness of fingers and toes feels cold then hot iv drip dry cough possible latex allergy uncontrollable belching

• From this study (2 years ago):

• I have had issues with high blood pressure for years & lost 60 pounds & still have to take 3 different medications for it. I have Candida severely & need to get rid of it & am wondering if any or all of these medications I am taking is cuasing any of these issues. I also have gluten issues, wheat issues, starch issues, peanut butter, chocolate, peanuts, nuts, white rice, potato issues, I can't eat a lot of foods & am struggling with my health. Please help!

• From this study (2 years ago):

• K S Prakash on Apr, 6, 2011:

Hi
    I stopped Lopid.
    I stopped the drug and awaiting for improvement.

Fresno on Dec, 9, 2012:

william mcniff on Nov, 20, 2012:

testosterone shots weight training BCAA Whey protein
    creatine etc etc etc.
    I find it hard to believe muscle wasting did not occur with other patients.

Fraud!!!!

• From this study (2 years ago):

• Just checking to see what there could be

• From this study (2 years ago):

• Giant cell arteritis means I must take prednisone. Prednisone has caused other diseases which then have to be treated, and I already had migraines, kidney stones, asthma, dishydrotic eczema, essential tremor, Ehlers-danlos Syndrome, etc.
    During the middle of all this they discovered Chiari (many symptoms we had blamed on med side effects were really rapidly progressing Chiari) and after much testing, did the brain/spinal surgery to fix it. Some of the damage seems to be permanent. With all this going on it's hard for me to tell what is a side effect of medication and what is just me being sick. However, with the tocilizumab and simvistatin the lipid panel tells the truth! Everything shot up! My GCA is very ill-behaved and I've already tried MTX and the TNF-a set, so now it comes to the IL-6 blockade. The doc has only found a scattered few (8?) examples of people with GCA being treated with tocilizumab in the world. I am truly hoping this works and that the cholesterol/simvistatin thing doesn't shut me down.

older comments >>