eHealthMe - FDA and Social Media, Personalized eHealthMe - a cloud computing service for drugs

FDA and Social Media, Personalized

Advanced tools
Browse all drugs       All conditions, symptoms, side effects

Comments of low hemoglobin in the use of Prednisone

(Back to the original study: low hemoglobin in the use of Prednisone)

Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>

Comments from related studies:

• From this study (6 hours ago):

• My jaw pops when I chew on the left side only. It hurts if I open it more than an inch. I have hold my head back in order to put food in mouth because I can only open it so wide.

• From this study (14 hours ago):

• Also take multi vitamin ,calcium,vit D3 .

Would like to take tumeric or curcumin for inflammation and hope to reduce prednisone as side effects are pretty horrific already have osteoporosis and have had several spinal fractures.

• From this study (3 days ago):

• Altsheimer's-like condition precipitated by sudden stroke-like attack: ER diagnosed as "possible stroke." Treated (successfully) with Prednisone (now on maintenance dose) after neurologist commented that "something was attacking his thyroid." Are there other suggestions re MD's diagnosis of Hashimoto's Encephalitis, or is further investigation and/or testing suggested? Diagnosis was based on two MRI's, multitude of symptions in addition to those noted above, one spinal tap and one EEG as well as a battery of blood tests. Concern over safety and potential side effects of continued Prednisone use (perhaps the rest of his life, current age of 80).

• From this study (5 days ago):

• Asga on Sep, 13, 2014:

Hi Anon,
    Im interested about your comment to be cautious of b vitamins? why is this?

Thanks
    Asha

Anon on Sep, 7, 2014:

I am a 30 yr old woman, Homozygous A1298C for MTHFR, taking 1 mg Paxil, put on l-methylfolate by my doctor. It cause extreme acne, muscle twitching, severe mood swings, brain fog, etc. I had beautiful skin before, but after the methylfolate acne it is severely and deeply scarred and will never be the same again. We tried adding hydroxocobalamin and niacin to balance the methylfolate but it didnt work. It took two months for the severe breakouts to slow and even still I have deep breakouts, just not at the same extreme rate. Be cautious with B vitamins!

• From this study (5 days ago):

• Started with terrible cold virus almost five weeks ago - left sinus area completely blocked for three weeks, Doctor prescribed antibiotic (for 10 days) and prednisone (for 5 days) on day 4 felt worse than ever, called and he switched antibiotic to z-pack (5 days) skipped one day of prednisone (on day without prednisone took two doses of Advil Sinus and Allergy) - may have also taken 3 Advil the day before for headache/sinus pain - didn't know not to take advil with Prednisone till I called for change in antibiotic.
    Sinus pressure remains
    Day 4 of Prednisone had terrible diarrhea
    no stool day 5
    Day 6 & 7 very bloody stool
    ???

• From this study (1 week ago):

• Going blind and nothing seems to be helping

• From this study (1 week ago):

• peanuts on Mar, 31, 2010:

my friend is suffering from rhumatory arthertis.and is currenty taking cocaine. oxy cotin,prestine, wellbutrim, predisone 10mg what side effects should she expect ?????

jimmy on Apr, 29, 2013:

Susan,
    Finally, I'd been reading thru here and finnaly, what doctor in the U.S. still prescribes cocaine? LOL

jimmy on Apr, 29, 2013:

IF you donT see my other comments, Never take Cymbalta or anything containing same ingrediants or speeding thru the same side effects durring their enjoyable living advertizements!

Jmsrocks on Jul, 25, 2012:

Probably death. Cocain and opiates together = speed ball.

Hebe on Jul, 31, 2012:

I have had two close relatives on prednisone, and for both of them it alone can make them feel really speedy. Combined with cocaine and wellbutrin would probably make sleeping very difficult. As the previous commenter mentioned, combining oxys into this is probably a bit dangerous.

Patty O'Neill on Aug, 10, 2012:

The comments about death in combination with cocaine and opiates or any other drug is possible
    depending on how much and the situation. Frightening people is not the key here. Basically any drug in combination with another could cause a major health problem as we are all very much not the same makeup. Cheers,

ken on Aug, 17, 2012:

If she continues with this type of treatment, its kinda scary in all reality. Why not see a doctor, that's where the healing may start.

Jackie on Apr, 30, 2013:

I am wondering if you were diagnosed because you had pain and found out you had a neurological message going on.... or just a process of elimination over the pain after you were taking your anti psychotic medication? I've been taking oxycone for my pain my back and neck disc issues um for about a year now, was having joint pain and stiffness all over my body the Dr put me on cymbalta and now three weeks later he put me on wellbutrin and I'm wondering about seratonin syndrome... I'm having muscle twitching also lump on top of my head and vision problems.

Kenny on Jun, 12, 2014:

She can expect a very rapid death.

iCaNtCaLlIt on Oct, 24, 2012:

Please coke for arthrit.? take your fish oils 2 each meal and take your perscribed pain meds(careful very addicting) stop the coke thats being silly for real. goodluck, lifes a bych and ya die thats why we get high .. p.s ankle 9 surgerys plates screws never walk normal again, fight thru it..i got hurt at work btw 7 ton crushed my leg instead of me....jus always think thingd can be worse, be a gpod person dont let this bring u dwn n b miserable..pul thru keep head up n watch those pain meds..goodluck...email if u wana talk but dont come with negatibity. buhbye

susan on Jan, 3, 2013:

have vit d blood levles ck, and supplenment. vit d is an amazing pain control helper.

nefariouson3 on Nov, 7, 2012:

I too am a chronic pain sufferer, I drove over a explosive in the middle-east. I don't understand what or why this thread was written up like a true medical study, to me it looks more like a recreational train wreck, some listed drugs have reverse reactions and others simply have no medical need what so ever, personally I would seek professional help and attempt to get off the unneeded drugs and concentrate on the true medical issues. At your age 51, you run the risk of many complications and possibility death from the listed drugs, though who am I to judge, life is way too short enjoy it when your still alive.

Th3

Had'em all on Nov, 14, 2012:

Prison and/or death. Comparing taking coke by inhalation and oxycontin orally is NOT the same thing as speed ball. Kindergarten speed ball maybe. Addiction threshold of oxy is 60mg/day. She should try to stay below that.
    Get her the hell off Pristine/Ketoconazole unless it is absolutely positively necessary. If necessary, try to get a lower dose. Stuff fries the liver & with all the other crap--BAD idea.
    Is there a reason she isn't taking an NSAID? I see prednisone. Would help more than oxy.

kobe77 on Jan, 3, 2013:

Lmao! Lmao! You sound like your high ......enjoy your trip!

knowledgable on Jan, 7, 2013:

Death bed us what they should expect. Mixing cocaine and oxy, are they brainless!!!!

Sydney on Jan, 9, 2013:

Tell your friend to GET OFF WHEAT. The wheat products in this country are GMO which are very bad for us and cause arthritis. Tell your friend to research. Never let the Dr.s try and figure out what's wrong with you. They won't. And they'll kill you trying.

nursing101 on Jan, 28, 2013:

Well, NSAID, you say? Hmmm....I see motrin, naproxen and aspirin on the list....all NSAID's

Billy on Feb, 2, 2013:

It is a wonder that your wife is at all coherent taking that cocktail of medications. I would try to find a new doctor that has a better grasp of toxicology and drug interactions. Cocaine and Oxycotin--can't belief any reputable doctor would prescribe that combination.

High depression low motivation on Feb, 8, 2013:

I take fish oils and centrum vitamins for depression replacing latuda and Lexapro wich was messing with my school I was out of phase sleeping all day and cloudy thinking. Now I just take Adderall and Xanax for agoraphobia and I feel a lot better and Im actually doing homework!! I scored high on my test than on the antidepressants with low scores.

AdoreTu on Mar, 4, 2013:

Well, I just stopped at your post, and who ever is taking all of that stuff needs to take some Milk Thistle to help restore their liver.

Sam on Mar, 11, 2013:

Way back in the late 1960's I heard it called a combination of cocaine and opiate type drugs a speedball. My best guess is your friend is on the way out of this world, unless there is an intervention. In short, death is the end result/side effect of taking such a combination of drugs....

Deo Vindece,

Sam

BCS on Mar, 12, 2013:

Honestly. She can expect to die very young.

Everything from heart, kidney, liver, stomach, brain, lungs, immune system, etc. will began to shut down.
    She will most likely become increasingly weak, finding herself in the hospital more often, and eventually die of organ failure. that is unless she dies from an overdoes first.

bcs on Mar, 12, 2013:

Yeah, hybrid wheat is causing all the problems. not the cocaine and oxy, mixed with other prescription drugs.

I agree Hybrid wheat is harmful and best left out of ones diet, but it's not the biggest problem here. (it hybrid not gmo) they haven't released that yet.

Susan on Mar, 12, 2013:

Are you guys really this dumb? She meant to say her friend was taking Codeine not cocaine. I'm not even going to bother asking a question on this website if you're that dumb! LOL

Jenn on Mar, 15, 2013:

I know that I am super sensitive to both codeine and oxy. They actually make me more nauseous and dizzy and i find regular tylenol or ibuprophen to be more effective against pain. I have heard some good things about omega fish oil and gluten free diets. My sister has RA too and when she flares up even pain meds dont help much. She is also gluten intolerant and can feel a marked difference in symptoms when she "slips" and eats gluten-y things. Steroids make your blood pressure high, she takes them when she gets flare ups but tries to ween herself off as the flare up dissipates. She gets weird skin breakouts because steroids also mess with the natural flora of your body. RA sux!!!!

doc moc on Mar, 25, 2013:

have tou tried cocaine? pretty sure its gluten free our previous inquisitor seemed to have some luck with its administration in combination with an assortment of other medications to treat her condition also as far as the flora issue goes i dont think cocaine is an antagonist

doc moc on Mar, 30, 2013:

oh yes BCS i agree hybrid wheat is a very dangerous substance especially when compared to the rather inocuous substances of cocaine and oxycontin! just what are your qualifications to dispense such well researched and supported opinions? You are truly a fool

Stephanie on Apr, 1, 2013:

Yeah I'm pretty sure she ment codeine. i dont visit these sites often anymore becasue my questions never get answered and everything gets way off topic.

really on Apr, 10, 2013:

people like you should visit your local humane society and have yourself spayed or neutered because the human race does not need less intelligent, human-jackass hybrid beings breeding with those of greater intellect. Cocaine was clearly written, not codeine. and please don't post your questions, prefer you be the guinea pig and take risks alerting the people who matter of potential risk factors. :)

Robert on Apr, 12, 2013:

I just wish the federal government would overhaul Richard Nixon's war on drugs and the whole controlled drug act. I have had my share of pain and you can consider yourself lucky to be able to cope with it. It is the sorry folk out there who have psychiatric disorders which affect the brain's ability to "deal" and cope, and is at a chemical level with them, a neurological mess-up. I know personally, I have phases of time when it is dangerous for me to try and tough it out when my brain sometimes slows down production and release of the natural chemicals like beta endorphin, dopamine, Gammaaminobuteric Acid, and I can find my body aches because Im not making enough natural opiate substances. SO I take drugs given by MD to make me feel normal, like clonazepam, prozac, and sometimes amphetamine in low doses. It is frustrating because people still don't understand and think I am a schmuck for taking drugs to feel normal happiness, calm, joy, relaxation, and to enjoy life's natural pleasures I periodically am unable to feel or appreciate.

Robert on Apr, 12, 2013:

It is true that speedballs, containing opiates and any stimulant. The "speed" in speedball likely refers to amphetamine, which was, prior to 1970, the original or at least most widely used upper in the 1960's. When the Controlled Drug Act was made official, cocaine became hugely popular, as an easier and more available alternative. SO strangely enough it became easier to get a totally outlawed drug than legal controlled drugs, because the new DEA and their most overzealous zealots were too busy finally settling old scores and getting the "dopeheads" and "speedfreeks" with the new Nixonian legislation backing them up like the word of God

Michele on Apr, 12, 2013:

I totally understand where you are coming from. Your comment at the end there helped me understand that I am not "a druggy" as my husband calls me because I need medications to feel an enjoy simple life activities. You're lucky to have found the right combination of medicines to treat your depression. I feel like I've been on a roller coaster for the last 20 years. If I find the "right" combination to treat my severe depression/bipolar2 disorders, then I find myself with one or more intolerable side effects that I must live with, like extreme teeth pain/bruxism. I look at people all the time and say to myself "That person is "normal." "That person is enjoying life." "That person sleeps normally and doesn't need help." "That person is a good mom for doing activities with her child/children." I get sorta jealous, then I start believing what my husband says about me being a druggy and that I am not a good teacher/mom/wife. That I shouldn't need medicine to just have energy to get up and get dressed. But when I read your post it made me feel good, not that you were dealing with depression, but that someone else out there understands how it feels, that my husband is dead wrong and out of line, that my depression is a real disorder and not my fault. Thank you for your post.

shannon on Apr, 13, 2013:

What shouldnt the expexation be...yes, cocaone is an antisthetic...only local, dentists "pink" mouth swab is cocaine based to numb the area and costrict blood vessels toz reduce swelling and bleeding....not for arthritis!..sounds like its a way to find a way out faster by destroying the heart muscle fro. The cocke's super stimulative effect and leave this world. There are other means to treat pain than death and mega doses of narcotics to mask the pain and increase the tolernance of the mds to the point that either there are no interior sinuses lrft by coke use or not enough pain meds to overcome the tolerance....ven IV cocaine use will burn the veins you shoot it in...its a loosing battle...and a painful one from damag thats beendone...Im praying for you guys...

mtntexas on Jun, 13, 2013:

So, Dawn: When you say 'we're all stupid" do you mean all of us on this page or all of us on this planet? Cause I know a girl in Florida that can yodel while playing the piano.

Russ on May, 7, 2013:

Formally of you bashing the cocaine for pain, do some research! Brompton's Cocktail is a chronic pain medicine in liquid form that contains cocaine, opiates, and some other meds. It is an evidenced based treatment for chronic pain, so please don't assume just because it has cocaine in it means it's gonna kill you. People suffering from chronic.pain need relief. if Brompton's works, then let them get their much needed relief!!! Without judgement!!

Big Balla on Jun, 1, 2013:

Just kidding about all that stuff. Who's the doctor that prescribed all that? They probably shouldn't have a license.

Alicia on May, 30, 2013:

I'm intrigued by your comment on cymbalta. I've been taking it for 2 years and since then I've had sugar disorders, irregular heart palpations and know I just feel like I'm on an adrenaline rush. It's scary. But I would like your opinion on this med I would really appreciate it and maybe then I can get some relief. I'm 33yrs old a mother of 3 boys and unfortunately my health is not the best so I'm trying to get as much info as I can from others that take the same meds I do or know of them. Thanks.. Alicia..

Big Balla on Jun, 1, 2013:

Cocaine and oxy? Really??? Okay, have your friend continue the cocaine and oxy regimen. Replace the Wellbutrin with 20 mg of MDMA. They're going to want to add a few drops of LSD as well. At bedtime take 5mg Xanax with a marijuana cigarette dipped in embalming fluid. Don't forget to sprinkle some of the cocaine on it.

dawn on Jun, 13, 2013:

how do you know what she meant??? She didn't correct herself, which probably means imo that she wrote it for shock value in the first place!! (in response to the person that said were all stupid!)

Girl_narcolepsy on Jun, 15, 2013:

Female 32

Hi, I would be worried about Serotonin but it usually has specific stages of symptoms. So starts with immediate symptoms like severe headache, dizziness etc.. then progresses- delirium, high fever etc..

If you were having sensitivity I would look into sensitization or fibro.I had it and went away with Savella... (after neurosurgery)

Hypoglycemic on Jun, 16, 2013:

@ Alicia - those sound like symptoms of Hypoglycemia. Do you feel better at night and then sometimes have trouble getting to sleep ?

If it is hypoglycemia - the only treatment I know of is diet related. Removing all sugar and processed carbs from the diet and avoiding caffeine and alcohol. There are many names for sugar - and don't be duped by agave - not much better than corn syrup, which is the same as having sugar! Eat regularly - smaller meals every 3 hours and eat soon after waking up. High protein breakfast is a good start too. I'm vegan so I rely on soybeans a lot for protein. Diet will be much easier for a meat eater as no carbs in meat, but avoid high carb vegies too - like potatoes. Not too much fruit, avoid all dried fruit. I have to avoid bananas and most other fruits too, but can tolerate small amounts of berries. Go stricter in the beginning and then you can experiment and see what affects you and what doesn't. Think of it as a carb intolerance, which is what some refer to it as.

Em on Jun, 23, 2014:

Death. Cocaine is deadly enough but mixing it with other drugs that can be abused (ie: oxycontin) or potentially leading to suicide (antidepressants).
    Sounds like a new doctor is necessary and treatment for drug abuse/addiction.
    By the way, the disease is RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS.
    I am not a primary care provider but have been a nurse for 27 years and have an MS degree so my advice and information are probably accurate but are not to be considered MEDICAL ADVICE. This information is only provided to assist you in discussing your medication and symptom, with a primary care provider (MD,DO, PA, FNP, NP. CNS...) and your pharmacist.

Em on Jun, 23, 2014:

Get your magnesium level checked and discuss hyperandrogenism with your physician. Signs &symptoms could be from many imbalances or conditions.

bumjumble on Jul, 14, 2014:

Ignore all these people saying DEATH and SPEEDBALL. It depends on the dosage of the oxycontin, so long as it's taken properly, not chewed or above the prescribed dosage she'll be fine, a few lines of coke won't do much damage either. Unless she's railing it all day everyday

Arlene. on Sep, 8, 2014:

@Susan... lol I was wondering if that could possibly be what was meant Codeine not cocaine.. I am like wow really...I keep my question to myself. hahaha

Rose on Sep, 9, 2014:

Hi ' I know this post is about 4 yrs too late and I hope your friend is still alive by some miracle but I just have to say that she is in serious danger and I believe addicted to drugs that cause highs of some sort , I can speak from experience because I almost died taking up to 120 mg of OxyContin a day, not only was I not dealing with my physical pain properly , I was also trying to hide from the pain of life emotionally. Please let me tell you that firstly the more you have the more you need eventually, and also OxyContin can and will eventually cause you more pain physically than when you started , I was not able to sleep beyond 1 or 2 am and would need to get up and watch TV for hrs then try and go back to bed after another dose , I was not able to eat much and eventually lost even the will and strength to have a shower or do anything at all. The OxyContin started to imitate fibromyalgia and the vicious circle went on, I was even trying to line different doctors up to get more scripts, I was a drug addict with a death wish .
    Please tell your friend to get help ASAP , for me I was shown grace and mercy , my pastor prayed for me, who by the way I was trying to pretend and lie to along with other friends I hadn't seen in ages because I had lost both will and energy to live, anyway he anointed me with oil for healing in Jesus name and to this day I am so grateful to God for my healing and restoration. It took about 2 months after that but I admitted myself into rehab and although it wasn't easy but After about 2 weeks through Gods love and grace and mercy I have a new and wonderful life. All my love Rose 🌹❤️

• From this study (1 week ago):

• Also treated gout with etoricoxib

• From this study (2 weeks ago):

• Has had right upper lobectomy
    Insertion of stent for abdominal aortic aneurysm
    Both procedures within 10 months

• From this study (2 weeks ago):

• I have been taking the prednisone 20 mg once a day for help in fighting off infection. My doctor is concerned about the high blood potassium levels and is wanting blood tests sometimes twice a week. I weigh 90 lbs and am 5'4".

• From this study (2 weeks ago):

• All lesions necrosis
    Painful granulomas
    I live in chronic pain and fatigue

Lisa on Sep, 4, 2014:

Female 55 I have bechets. Diagnosed at 39. I take every medication on that list except I dropped methotrexate. I worse since I dropped it. And I have every symptom including ganglion cyst which needs to be surgically removed to the throat lesion. I can barely function. The only 5hing I dont have is the allergic cough. I did have mrsa phenomia once. Oh most recently plursey. I have been ivig dependent for 13 years.

• From this study (2 weeks ago):

• Prescribed cephalexin for a uti a week ago and was misdiagnosed, had a reaction to that went to urgent care was diagnosed yesterday with shingles. Now I'm a little jaundice

• From this study (3 weeks ago):

• I went to a Rheumatologist and he said I have Hashimoto disease and said its not serious enough to take meds for. The test is - Thyroid Peroxidase Antiboties - my number is 363. It says that is should be <9. I was wondering if these medications I am on could be causing abnormal reading. I do have severe inflammation due to serious injuries.

matypoe on Aug, 28, 2014:

Please get treated! Go to a functional medicine doctor...those antibodies are way too high, no matter what the root cause...pick up the book Stop the Thyroid Madness, as well as The Root Cause by Isabela Wentz. Also check out Mary Shomon. There are FB Support Groups as well, including Hashimoto's 411, For Thyroid Patients Only, several others to find information and support, where we are all Hashi's sufferers. Please be your own best advocate and get to the right doctor (not an endo despite what you may have been led to believe) who will actually help you! I am a long time Hashimoto's patient, trust me!

• From this study (3 weeks ago):

• Just started prednisone 12 hrs ago

• From this study (4 weeks ago):

• Still tired when I wake up after a nights sleep, no energy, and procastinate all the time

• From this study (4 weeks ago):

• Feel tired all the tim, wake up after sleep still feeling tired, no energy

• From this study (1 month ago):

• I was taking prednisone for an allergic reaction. I had severe hives with itching and was hospitalized and put on prednisone 60 milligrams a day and tappered down 6 days after being in hospital, in the hospital I noticed blisters on the back of my right leg and I thought it was part of my allergic reaction. I was on prednisone for about a month, on a tapering dose until I was down to 5 milligrams then I finished drug and the burning and red blistering rash were and are oozing now. I keep my rash covered and cleaned constantly with ointment and I'm taking keflex for virus. Is it going to get better ?

• From this study (1 month ago):

• I thought i was having a bronchitis episode from my copd to i took amoxicillin and prednesone, a week later i wasnt getting better so went to my doc, turns out it was pneumonia, so he put me on levofloxacin a few days later i noticed major swelling in my legs and he fact they were turning super red, back to the doctor who now says i have cellulitis, so he gives me cephalexin and furosemide, now 7 days later the redness in the legs is a tad bit better, but i still have the burning tingling and pins and needles and the water retention has gone down NONE... any thoughts to what is causing this??

• From this study (1 month ago):

• taking prednisone for only 4 days, 20mg/3 times daily, have had nose bleed the last 2 days. have now stopped taking prednisone. the poison ivy has cleared up. will the nose bleeds now stop? anything I should continue to watch for?

older comments >>