Nucynta vs Oxycodone for a male patient aged 18
Summary: 666 male patients aged 18 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Nucynta vs Oxycodone for a male aged 18. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Nucynta (latest outcomes from 1,700 users) has active ingredients of tapentadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Oxycodone (latest outcomes from 27,292 users) has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
On Feb, 24, 2015: 666 male patients aged 14 who take the same drugs are studied in Nucynta vs Oxycodone
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Nucynta||tapentadol hydrochloride||Ortho Mcneil Janssen|
|Oxycodone||oxycodone hydrochloride||not specified|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 14 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Nucynta (Ortho Mcneil Janssen)||Oxycodone|
|Multiple Drug Overdose|
|Coma (state of unconsciousness lasting more than six hours)|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Nucynta (Ortho Mcneil Janssen)||Oxycodone|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Nucynta for Pain Management reported by 40 people (updated 6 days ago)
- Oxycodone for Pain Management reported by 118 people (updated 25 minutes ago)
- Pain Management (218 drugs in 10,320 reports) (updated 25 minutes ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Nucynta (tapentadol hydrochloride) is often used to treat pain. Oxycodone (oxycodone hydrochloride) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Nucynta is used in:
- Oxycodone is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Nucynta alternatives:
- Oxycodone alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nucynta, Morphine Sulfate for a 59-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet for a 51-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Robaxin-750, Nucynta for a 49-year old woman who has Hurt Back Have Had 2 Back Surgeries Already
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Methotrexate for a 55-year old woman who has Rumitoid Atheritis
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica, Lorazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycontin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Nuropathy, Major Depressive Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Reflective Sympathetic Dystophy
- Comparions of Oxycodone for a 45-year old woman who has Degenerative Joint Disease
- Comparions of Valium, Oxycodone for a 40-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Percocet, Oxycodone, Vicodin, Flexeril for a 62-year old woman who has Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Oxycodone for a 50-year old woman who has Knee Joint Replacement
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Percocet, Nucynta Er for a 43-year old man who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Bacopa, Ashwagandha, Nucynta for a 35-year old woman who has Back Pain
- Comparions of Tikosyn, Oxycodone for a 80-year old man who has Ankle Pain
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Wellbutrin Sr, Seroquel, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 53-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Tramadol for a 44-year old man who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Oxycodone Hydrochloride, Oxycet for a 32-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Motrin, Nucynta for a 54-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Lovaza, Coumadin, Nuvigil, Oxycontin for a 61-year old man who has Polyneuropathy Chronic
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Fentanyl Citrate for a 67-year old man who has Pain - Bones
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Daytrana for a 60-year old man who has Cronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 42-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Prozac, Adderall 30, Oxycodone for a 28-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Lyrica, Oxycodone, Soma, Ms Contin, Gabapentin for a 54-year old woman who has Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Comparions of Temazepam, Oxazepam, Oxycodone for a 28-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Nucynta, Butrans for a 25-year old man who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Diazepam, Adderall, Oxycontin, Levoxyl for a 31-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism Postoperative Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Multiple Degenerative Bone, Ligament And Spine Injuries
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Vicoprofen, Ms Contin, Oxycodone for a 61-year old woman who has Nerve Compression
- Comparions of Effexor, Oxycodone for a 24-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Roxicodone for a 44-year old woman who has Pain - Abdomen
- Comparions of Insulin, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Emsam, Oxycontin, Valproic Acid for a 58-year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral
- Comparions of Ketamine Hydrochloride, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-100, Subutex, Oxycodone for a 25-year old man who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Nucynta, Oxycontin, Vicodin for a 55-year old man who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Leflunomide, Plaquenil, Prednisolone, Oxycontin for a 40-year old woman who has Clinical Hemoglobin C
- Comparions of Nucynta Er, Oxycodone for a 45-year old man who has Pain Management
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Amitiza, Xanax for a 56-year old man who has Chronic Constipation,ibs
- Comparions of Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Oxycodone Hydrochloride for a 59-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, OxyContin for a 55-year old woman who has Pain Exacerbated
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Lyrica for a 48-year old woman who has Pain Management
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 76-year old man who has Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- Comparions of Bisacodyl, Temazepam, Diazepam, Pregabalin, Oxycontin for a 58-year old man who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Opana for a 38-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Norco, Oxycontin, Prozac, Lamictal for a 66-year old woman who has Gaucher's Disease
- Comparions of Percocet, Roxicodone for a 49-year old man who has Laryngeal Nerve Damage
- Comparions of Butrans, Oxycontin for a 37-year old woman who has Pain Management
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Oxymorphone Hydrochloride for a 51-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Ms Contin for a 67-year old woman who has Neuropathy Peripheral
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Ms Contin for a 52-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Morphine, Oxycontin for a 32-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Opana Er, Nucynta Er for a 52-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Nucynta Er, Oxycodone Hydrochloride for a 65-year old woman who has Granuloma
- Comparions of Nucynta, Fentanyl-75 for a 54-year old woman who has Facial Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.