Prozac vs Celexa for a female patient aged 26
Summary: 5,584 female patients aged 26 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Prozac vs Celexa for a female aged 26. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Prozac (latest outcomes from 42,361 users) has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Celexa (latest outcomes from 30,778 users) has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression.
What is the symptom
Binge eating (pattern of disordered eating which consists of episodes of uncontrollable eating) has been reported by people with insomnia, depression, restless leg syndrome, high blood pressure, quit smoking. (latest reports from 478 Binge eating patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 5,584 female patients aged 23 who take the same drugs are studied in Prozac vs Celexa
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Celexa||citalopram hydrobromide||Forest Labs|
eHealthMe real world results:
For females aged 23 (±5):
Comparison with the specified adverse outcomes:
(outcome and its % of total reports)
|Prozac (Lilly)||Celexa (Forest Labs)|
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Comments from or about the patient:
The Prozac Worked Amazingly. Made My Brain Focus & Function Better As Well As Killed Out The Bad Unhappy Intense Reactions I Have To Things
But I Couldnt Eat On It.
The Celexa Doesnt Work As Well For Me
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Mood Stabilizer (46 drugs in 867 reports) (updated 6 days ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Celexa (citalopram hydrobromide) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Prozac is used in:
- Celexa is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Prozac alternatives:
- Celexa alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Microgestin 1.5/30 for a 46-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Ritalin, Celexa, Lorazepam for a 17-year old girl who has Petit Mal Seizure
- Comparions of Ranitidine, Meloxicam, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Prozac for a 67-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Fluoxetine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 51-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Relpax for a 27-year old woman who has Mood Swings
- Comparions of REMERON, CELEXA, LEXAPRO for a 49-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Lamictal for a 48-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Effexor, Celexa, Lexapro for a 30-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Chantix, Prozac for a 59-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Celexa, Effexor, Prozac, Zoloft for a 37-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Loestrin 24 Fe, Fluoxetine, Vyvanse for a 33-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Sertraline for a 46-year old man who has Panic Disorder
- Comparions of Cannabis Sativa, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 23-year old woman who has Borderline Personality Disorder
- Comparions of Celexa, Zoloft for a 29-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a 33-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Viibryd, Celexa for a 31-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Celexa, Prozac for a 41-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Escitalopram, Celexa, Effexor for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Rabeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 61-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Prozac, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Buspar, Celexa, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Suboxone, Adderall Xr 20, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Raspberry Ketone, Fluoxetine for a 26-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine for a 39-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Prozac, Dexamethasone for a 49-year old man who has Allergies
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Prozac, Xanax, Sprintec for a 20-year old woman who has Teenagers And Depression
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Celexa, Cymbalta for a 88-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac for a 73-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Norco, Celexa for a 95-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of St. John's Wort, Prozac, Lexapro, Xanax, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Neurontin, Prozac, Latuda for a 14-year old girl who has Borderline Personality Disorder
- Comparions of Celexa, Phentermine, Testosterone Cypionate for a 36-year old man who has Blood Testosterone Decreased
- Comparions of Prozac, Ritalin, Suboxone, Xanax for a 52-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Celexa, L-theanine for a 58-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Anafranil, Prozac for a 38-year old man who has Depression Suicidal
- Comparions of Celexa, Dextrostat, Vyvanse for a 38-year old woman who has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Comparions of Celexa, Phentermine Resin 30, Gabapentin for a 57-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Prozac, Sanctura for a 47-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Remeron, Celexa for a 47-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Prozac, Concerta, Clonidine for a 9-year old girl who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Amlodipine, Namenda, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Donepezil, Effexor Xr for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Dopar, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Azilect, Flecainide Acetate for a 61-year old man who has Parkinsons, Heart Arrhythmics, Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.