Antarctic Krill Oil vs Coumadin, a side effect and effectiveness comparison for a male patient aged 76
This is personalized comparison of Antarctic Krill Oil vs Coumadin for a male aged 76. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Antarctic krill oil (latest outcomes from 20 users) has active ingredients of krill oil.
Coumadin (latest outcomes from 75,095 users) has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 14,085 male patients aged 74 who take the same drugs are studied in Antarctic Krill Oil vs Coumadin
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Antarctic Krill Oil||krill oil||not specified|
|Coumadin||warfarin sodium||Bristol Myers Squibb|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 74 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Antarctic Krill Oil||Coumadin (Bristol Myers Squibb)|
|Diarrhoea||International Normalised Ratio Increased|
|Loss Of Bladder Control (cannot control the urine)||Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)|
|Neutropenia (an abnormally low number of neutrophils)||Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)|
|Chills (felling of cold)||Dizziness|
|Anemia (less than the normal quantity of haemoglobin in the blood)||Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)|
|High Blood Sugar (high blood sugar)||Asthenia (weakness)|
|Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets)||Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure)|
|Neurotoxicity (when the exposure to natural or artificial toxic substances, which are called neurotoxins, alters the normal activity of the nervous system)||Cardiac Failure Congestive|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Antarctic Krill Oil||Coumadin (Bristol Myers Squibb)|
|Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets)||International Normalised Ratio Increased|
|High Blood Sugar (high blood sugar)||Anaemia (lack of blood)|
|Neurotoxicity (when the exposure to natural or artificial toxic substances, which are called neurotoxins, alters the normal activity of the nervous system)||Haemorrhage (bleeding)|
|Gastric Haemorrhage (bleeding stomach)|
|Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (bleeding gastrointestinal tract)|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)|
|Cerebrovascular Accident (sudden death of some brain cells due to lack of oxygen when the blood flow to the brain is impaired by blockage or rupture)|
|Epistaxis (bleed from the nose)|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
|Antarctic Krill Oil||0.00%||9.09%||81.82%||9.09%||0.00%|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Coumadin for Atrial Fibrillation reported by 230 people (updated 5 days ago)
- Atrial Fibrillation (49 drugs in 2,216 reports) (updated 1 day ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Coumadin (warfarin sodium) is often used to treat blood clots. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Coumadin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Coumadin alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lasix, Carvedilol, Coumadin for a 86-year old man who has CHF
- Comparions of Xarelto, Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin for a 77-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Arestin, Tikosyn, Warfarin Sodium for a 68-year old man who has Acquired Afibrinogenaemia
- Comparions of Metformin, Warfarin Sodium, Wellbutrin Xl, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 51-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium for a 63-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Vitamin E, Warfarin Sodium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin for a 66-year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Arimidex for a 79-year old woman who has Breast Cancer
- Comparions of Benicar, Warfarin Sodium, Metformin, Prednisone, Zytiga for a 80-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Conjugated Linoleic Acid, Warfarin Sodium for a 54-year old man who has Arythmya
- Comparions of Eliquis, Pradaxa, Coumadin, Xarelto for a 74-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Xarelto, Warfarin Sodium for a 58-year old woman who has Afib With Quick Response
- Comparions of Xarelto, Warfarin Sodium for a 56-year old woman who has Blood Clots
- Comparions of Xarelto, Coumadin for a 91-year old woman who has Hip Fracture
- Comparions of Ammonium Lactate, Coumadin for a 76-year old woman who has Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Pradaxa for a 68-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Prednisone, Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Coumadin for a 87-year old man who has Benzonatate
- Comparions of Alavert, Xopenex Hfa, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Coumadin for a 50-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Methadone Hydrochloride, Warfarin Sodium, Zyprexa, Lithium Carbonate, Lyrica for a 44-year old woman who has Kathy
- Comparions of Xarelto, Warfarin Sodium for a 73-year old man who has Blood Clotting
- Comparions of Eliquis, Coumadin, Xarelto, Pradaxa for a 76-year old man who has Blood Clots
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Flax Seed Oil, Tikosyn for a 60-year old woman who has Mary
- Comparions of D - Mannose, Warfarin Sodium for a 73-year old man who has Warfarin And D-mannose Interaction
- Comparions of Indomethacin, Coumadin for a 76-year old man who has Aortic Valve Disease
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Lovaza, Coumadin, Nuvigil, Oxycontin for a 61-year old man who has Polyneuropathy Chronic
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Eliquis for a 63-year old woman who has Xarelto
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Warfarin Sodium, Aspirin, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Ramipril for a 29-year old man who has Heart Disease
- Comparions of Orencia, Coumadin for a 65-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Factor Positive
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Pradaxa for a 64-year old woman who has A-fib
- Comparions of Levaquin, Coumadin for a 74-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Ramipril (Cipla) - 2.5MG, Krill Oil for a 63-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Cod Liver Oil, B Complex Vitamin, Krill Oil, Phentermine for a 34-year old woman who has Weight Loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.