Antarctic Krill Oil vs Coumadin, a side effect and effectiveness comparison for a male patient aged 76
This is personalized comparison of Antarctic Krill Oil vs Coumadin for a male aged 76. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
What are the drugs
Antarctic krill oil (latest outcomes from 19 users) has active ingredients of krill oil.
Coumadin (latest outcomes from 75,068 users) has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots.
On Jul, 27, 2014: 14,073 male patients aged 74 who take the same drugs are studied in Antarctic Krill Oil vs Coumadin
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Antarctic Krill Oil||krill oil||not specified|
|Coumadin||warfarin sodium||Bristol Myers Squibb|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 74 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Antarctic Krill Oil||Coumadin (Bristol Myers Squibb)|
|Diarrhoea||International Normalised Ratio Increased|
|Loss Of Bladder Control (cannot control the urine)||Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)|
|Neutropenia (an abnormally low number of neutrophils)||Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)|
|Chills (felling of cold)||Dizziness|
|Anemia (less than the normal quantity of haemoglobin in the blood)||Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)|
|High Blood Sugar (high blood sugar)||Asthenia (weakness)|
|Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets)||Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure)|
|Neurotoxicity (when the exposure to natural or artificial toxic substances, which are called neurotoxins, alters the normal activity of the nervous system)||Cardiac Failure Congestive|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Antarctic Krill Oil||Coumadin (Bristol Myers Squibb)|
|Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets)||International Normalised Ratio Increased|
|High Blood Sugar (high blood sugar)||Anaemia (lack of blood)|
|Neurotoxicity (when the exposure to natural or artificial toxic substances, which are called neurotoxins, alters the normal activity of the nervous system)||Haemorrhage (bleeding)|
|Gastric Haemorrhage (bleeding stomach)|
|Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (bleeding gastrointestinal tract)|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)|
|Epistaxis (bleed from the nose)|
|Cerebrovascular Accident (sudden death of some brain cells due to lack of oxygen when the blood flow to the brain is impaired by blockage or rupture)|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
|Antarctic Krill Oil||0.00%||9.09%||81.82%||9.09%||0.00%|
How to use the study:
1. print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
2. start a mobile support group with people like you or your health teams to improve treatment outcomes together.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Coumadin for Atrial Fibrillation reported by 270 people (updated 21 hours ago)
- Atrial Fibrillation (47 drugs in 2,166 reports) (updated 1 day ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Coumadin (warfarin sodium) is often used to treat blood clots. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Coumadin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Coumadin alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Eliquis, Pradaxa, Coumadin, Xarelto for a 74-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Xarelto, Warfarin Sodium for a 58-year old woman who has Afib With Quick Response
- Comparions of Xarelto, Warfarin Sodium for a 56-year old woman who has Blood Clots
- Comparions of Xarelto, Coumadin for a 91-year old woman who has Hip Fracture
- Comparions of Ammonium Lactate, Coumadin for a 76-year old woman who has Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Pradaxa for a 68-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Prednisone, Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Coumadin for a 87-year old man who has Benzonatate
- Comparions of Alavert, Xopenex Hfa, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Coumadin for a 50-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Methadone Hydrochloride, Warfarin Sodium, Zyprexa, Lithium Carbonate, Lyrica for a 44-year old woman who has Kathy
- Comparions of Xarelto, Warfarin Sodium for a 73-year old man who has Blood Clotting
- Comparions of Eliquis, Coumadin, Xarelto, Pradaxa for a 76-year old man who has Blood Clots
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Flax Seed Oil, Tikosyn for a 60-year old woman who has Mary
- Comparions of D - Mannose, Warfarin Sodium for a 73-year old man who has Warfarin And D-mannose Interaction
- Comparions of Indomethacin, Coumadin for a 76-year old man who has Aortic Valve Disease
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Lovaza, Coumadin, Nuvigil, Oxycontin for a 61-year old man who has Polyneuropathy Chronic
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Eliquis for a 63-year old woman who has Xarelto
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Warfarin Sodium, Aspirin, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Ramipril for a 29-year old man who has Heart Disease
- Comparions of Orencia, Coumadin for a 65-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Factor Positive
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Pradaxa for a 64-year old woman who has A-fib
- Comparions of Levaquin, Coumadin for a 74-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Protonix, Toprol-xl, Coumadin, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Autoimmune Disorder
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Xarelto for a 52-year old woman who has DVT
- Comparions of PRADAXA, Warfarin Sodium for a 68-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Clonazepam, Lithium Carbonate, Quetiapine Fumarate, Warfarin Sodium, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman who has PTSD
- Comparions of Coumadin, Ashwagandha for a 16-year old boy who has Heart Disease Congenital
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Warfarin Sodium for a 57-year old man who has Aortic Valve Disease
- Comparions of Clonidine, Carvedilol, Warfarin Sodium for a 65-year old woman who has Hip Pain
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Xarelto for a 72-year old man who has Atrial Flutter
- Comparions of Ramipril (Cipla) - 2.5MG, Krill Oil for a 63-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Cod Liver Oil, B Complex Vitamin, Krill Oil, Phentermine for a 34-year old woman who has Weight Loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.