Ambien vs Oxycontin for a female patient aged 47
Summary: 10,465 female patients aged 47 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Ambien vs Oxycontin for a female aged 47. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Ambien (latest outcomes from 46,774 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia.
Oxycontin (latest outcomes from 42,300 users) has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
On Mar, 26, 2015: 10,465 female patients aged 45 who take the same drugs are studied in Ambien vs Oxycontin
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Ambien||zolpidem tartrate||Sanofi Aventis Us|
|Oxycontin||oxycodone hydrochloride||Purdue Pharma Lp|
eHealthMe real world results:
For females aged 45 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Ambien (Sanofi Aventis Us)||Oxycontin (Purdue Pharma Lp)|
|Chest Pain||Drug Dependence|
|Pain||Drug Withdrawal Syndrome|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Ambien (Sanofi Aventis Us)||Oxycontin (Purdue Pharma Lp)|
|Fatigue||Drug Withdrawal Syndrome|
|Abnormal Sleep-related Event||Depression|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Oxycontin for Ankylosing Spondylitis reported by 4 people (updated 3 days ago)
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (17 drugs in 354 reports) (updated 1 month ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is often used to treat insomnia. Oxycontin (oxycodone hydrochloride) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Ambien is used in:
- Oxycontin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Ambien alternatives:
- Oxycontin alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet, Oxymorphone Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Degenerative Disk In Neck
- Comparions of Ambien, Morphine Sulfate, Percocet for a 41-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Ambien, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Vistaril for a 18-year old girl who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Temazepam, Oxycodone for a 49-year old man who has Bone And Joint Pain
- Comparions of Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Zolpidem Tartrate for a 58-year old man who has Depression And Insomnia
- Comparions of Morphine Sulfate, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Spondylosis
- Comparions of Morphine Sulfate, Oxycontin for a 36-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Ms Contin, Opana Er, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 36-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 69-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Welchol for a 90-year old woman who has Sleeplessness
- Comparions of Valerian, Ambien for a 38-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Zolpidem for a 82-year old woman who has Insomnia, Auto Immune Disease, Neuropathy, Spinal Stenosis, High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omeprazole, Linzess, Ambien for a 22-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 56-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Percocet for a 51-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Methotrexate for a 55-year old woman who has Rumitoid Atheritis
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica, Lorazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycontin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Nuropathy, Major Depressive Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Reflective Sympathetic Dystophy
- Comparions of Soma, Ambien, Skelaxin, Celexa, Strattera for a 52-year old man who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Zolpidem for a 64-year old man who has Diaetios
- Comparions of Ambien Cr, Adderall Xr 20, Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Ambien, Nexium, Carafate, Dilaudid for a 41-year old woman who has Hip Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone for a 45-year old woman who has Degenerative Joint Disease
- Comparions of Zolpidem Tartrate, Buspirone Hcl for a 65-year old man who has Anxiety And Stress
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Valium, Oxycodone for a 40-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Percocet, Oxycodone, Vicodin, Flexeril for a 62-year old woman who has Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
- Comparions of Ambien, Xanax, Zoloft for a 45-year old woman who has Sleepy
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Oxycodone for a 50-year old woman who has Knee Joint Replacement
- Comparions of Zolpidem, Ramelteon for a 44-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Norco, Xanax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Paxil
- Comparions of Tikosyn, Oxycodone for a 80-year old man who has Ankle Pain
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Wellbutrin Sr, Seroquel, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 53-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Tramadol for a 44-year old man who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Vicodin, Zolpidem for a 48-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Zolpidem, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 33-year old man who has Insomnia, Irritability, Aggression, No Energy
- Comparions of Halcion, Ambien, Restoril, Dalmane for a 54-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Oxycodone Hydrochloride, Oxycet for a 32-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Ambien, Hawthrone for a 32-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Temazepam, Ambien for a 45-year old woman who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Lovaza, Coumadin, Nuvigil, Oxycontin for a 61-year old man who has Polyneuropathy Chronic
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Fentanyl Citrate for a 67-year old man who has Pain - Bones
- Comparions of HCTZ, Amlodipine Besylate, Ambien, Gabapentin for a 78-year old woman who has Numbness And Tingling
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Daytrana for a 60-year old man who has Cronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 42-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Prozac, Adderall 30, Oxycodone for a 28-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Zolpidem, Methocarbamol, Pyridium for a 64-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type
- Comparions of Lyrica, Oxycodone, Soma, Ms Contin, Gabapentin for a 54-year old woman who has Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Comparions of Lamotrigine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Zolpidem for a 48-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Temazepam, Oxazepam, Oxycodone for a 28-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.