Meloxicam vs Naproxen for a female patient aged 68
Summary: 4,686 female patients aged 68 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Meloxicam vs Naproxen for a female aged 68. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Meloxicam (latest outcomes from 10,377 users) has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis.
Naproxen (latest outcomes from 21,971 users) has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain.
On Apr, 24, 2015: 4,686 female patients aged 62 who take the same drugs are studied in Meloxicam vs Naproxen
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
eHealthMe real world results:
For females aged 62 (±5):
Comparison with the specified adverse outcomes:
(outcome and its % of total reports)
|Meloxicam (Apotex Inc)||Naproxen (Baxter Hlthcare)|
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Meloxicam (Apotex Inc)||Naproxen (Baxter Hlthcare)|
|Drug Ineffective||Chest Pain|
|Pain In Extremity||Headache|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Arthritis (87 drugs in 2,344 reports) (updated 2 days ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Meloxicam (meloxicam) is often used to treat arthritis. Naproxen (naproxen) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Meloxicam is used in:
- Naproxen is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Meloxicam alternatives:
- Naproxen alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Meloxicam for a 40-year old woman who has Antiinflmatory
- Comparions of Indomethacin, Naproxen for a 35-year old man who has Gout
- Comparions of Motrin, Naproxen for a 61-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Meloxicam for a 56-year old woman who has Ankle Swelling
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Meloxicam for a 53-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Mobic, Naproxen for a 60-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Ranitidine, Meloxicam, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Prozac for a 67-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Naproxen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Prochlorperazine, Atenolol, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a 59-year old woman who has Irregular Heartbeat
- Comparions of ESCITALOPRAM OXALATE, MELOXICAM, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, DIVALPROEX, METHOCARBAMOL for a 33-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Diclofenac Sodium And Misoprostol, Naproxen for a 52-year old man who has Osteoarthritis
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Homatropine Methylbromide, Meloxicam for a 73-year old man who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Zipsor, Mobic for a 31-year old woman who has Neck Pain
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Celebrex for a 82-year old woman who has Preoperative Care
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Etodolac for a 75-year old woman who has Joint Pain
- Comparions of Naproxen, Aspirin, Ibuprofen for a 55-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Soma, Meloxicam for a 63-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Tramadol, Naproxen for a 71-year old woman who has Osteoarthritis
- Comparions of Misoprostol, Ibuprofen, Naproxen for a 54-year old woman who has Bursitis
- Comparions of Naproxen, Vicodin for a 92-year old woman who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Naproxen for a 55-year old man who has Inflammation Localised
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Synthroid for a 45-year old woman who has Antiinflammatory Therapy
- Comparions of Naproxen, Meloxicam for a 28-year old man who has Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Comparions of Metronidazole, Mobic for a 62-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised
- Comparions of Metoclopramide Hcl, Meloxicam for a 32-year old woman who has Nausea
- Comparions of Mobic, Allopurinol for a 53-year old man who has Gout
- Comparions of Mobic, Cymbalta for a 57-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Meloxicam for a 77-year old woman who has Herniated Discs - Spinal Stenosis
- Comparions of Zopiclone, Meloxicam for a 69-year old woman who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Norco, Mobic for a 77-year old man who has Gout
- Comparions of Naproxen, Mobic for a 57-year old woman who has Ligament Injury
- Comparions of Naproxen, Arthrotec for a 59-year old man who has Trigger Finger
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Indomethacin for a 53-year old woman who has Inflammation
- Comparions of Mobic, Celebrex for a 54-year old woman who has Tendonitis
- Comparions of Effexor, Meloxicam, Baclofen for a 34-year old woman who has Muscle Spasms
- Comparions of Flexeril, Gabapentin, Naproxen for a 41-year old woman who has Herniated Discs And Degenerative Disc Disease With Arthritis . Also Bulging Discs
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Wellbutrin, Hydroxyzine, Adderall 20, Seroquel for a 30-year old woman who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Naproxen, Tamoxifen Citrate for a 50-year old woman who has Cancer - Breast
- Comparions of Naproxen, Flecainide Acetate for a 46-year old woman who has Tachycardia
- Comparions of Mobic, Voltaren for a 64-year old man who has Osteoarthritis
- Comparions of Chantix, Mobic for a 57-year old woman who has Arthritis - Osteoarthritis
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Celebrex, Aleve, Zorvolex for a 70-year old woman who has Back Pain
- Comparions of Naproxen, Xarelto for a 89-year old man who has Inflammatory Pain
- Comparions of Codeine, Naproxen for a 30-year old woman who has Pain - Abdomen
- Comparions of Naproxen, Celebrex for a 56-year old woman who has Osteoarthritis
- Comparions of Naproxen, Fioricet for a 57-year old woman who has Migraine - Classic
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Meloxicam for a 33-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Celebrex for a 60-year old woman who has Joint Pain
- Comparions of Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Meloxicam, Ms Contin for a 89-year old man who has Spinal Osteoarthritis
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Baclofen for a 65-year old woman who has Muscle Spasms
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.