Pamelor vs Zoloft, a side effect and effectiveness comparison for a male patient aged 29
This is personalized comparison of Pamelor vs Zoloft for a male aged 29. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Pamelor (latest outcomes from 2,199 users) has active ingredients of nortriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Zoloft (latest outcomes from 78,254 users) has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
What are the symptoms
Sexual Dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity) (latest reports from 128,397 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, hair loss.
Depression Aggravated (latest reports from 344,448 patients)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) (latest reports from 1,545,192 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
Bundle branch block right (absence of transmission of electric impulses from the atrioventricular (av) bundle of his to the right ventricle) (latest reports from 31,327 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 1,993 male patients aged 25 who take the same drugs are studied in Pamelor vs Zoloft
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Pamelor||nortriptyline hydrochloride||not specified|
|Zoloft||sertraline hydrochloride||not specified|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 25 (±5):
Comparison with the specified adverse outcomes:
(outcome and its % of total reports)
|Bundle Branch Block Right||0.00%||0.00%|
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Drug Ineffective||Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)|
|Completed Suicide (act of taking one's own life)||Drug Ineffective|
|Respiratory Depression (respiration has a rate below 12 breaths)||Depression|
|Accidental Overdose||Insomnia (sleeplessness)|
|Intentional Overdose||Suicidal Ideation|
|Heart Rate Increased||Anxiety|
|Cardio-respiratory Arrest (sudden dysfunction of heart and lungs)||Suicide Attempt|
|Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation)||Dizziness|
|Pain||Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement)|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation)|
|Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body)|
|Blood Triglycerides Increased|
|Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood)|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Zoloft for Chronic Depression reported by 131 people (updated 2 hours ago)
- Chronic Depression (55 drugs in 1,674 reports) (updated 2 days ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Pamelor (nortriptyline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Pamelor is used in:
- Zoloft is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Pamelor alternatives:
- Zoloft alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lexapro, Zoloft, Paxil, Pristiq, Buspar for a 36-year old woman who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Ms Contin, Zoloft for a 44-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Sertraline, Uroxatral for a 67-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Lexapro, Paxil, Zoloft for a 54-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Adderall, Abilify, Topamax, Sertraline, Prevacid for a 40-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Zoloft, Pristiq for a 36-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Pristiq, Cymbalta, Zoloft for a 46-year old woman who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Pamelor, Gleevec for a 53-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Prozac for a 38-year old man who has Depression Suicidal
- Comparions of Zoloft, Xanax, Lyrica for a 39-year old man who has Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia
- Comparions of Viibryd, Sertraline for a 39-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Lexapro, Zoloft for a 26-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Sertraline, Escitalopram for a 26-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta, Lamictal for a 32-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Depo-subq Provera 104, Sertraline for a 36-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Zoloft, Buspar for a 28-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Tysabri, Ampyra, Zoloft, Zocor, Baclofen for a 45-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lexapro, Celexa, Zoloft for a 25-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Sertraline, Irbesartan; Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a 45-year old woman who has Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Lexapro, Zoloft for a 36-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Prozac, Wellbutrin Sr, Zoloft for a 54-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Prozac, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Adderall, Paxil for a 28-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Ambien, Xanax, Zoloft for a 45-year old woman who has Sleepy
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Sertraline, Fluvoxamine Maleate, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Zoloft for a 33-year old man who has Drug Therapy Changed
- Comparions of Prozac, Zoloft, Lexapro, Celexa, Pristiq for a 42-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Prozac, Zoloft for a 28-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Amoxapine, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Imipramine Hydrochloride for a 32-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Serzone, Cymbalta, Zoloft, Prozac, Luvox for a 20-year old man who has OCD
- Comparions of Effexor, Zoloft, Wellbutrin for a 56-year old woman who has IBS
- Comparions of Savella, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 54-year old woman who has Depression Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Norco, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Lyrica, Ms Contin for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Paxil, Sertraline for a 22-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Lexapro, Zoloft, Effexor for a 32-year old man who has Major Depressive Disorder
- Comparions of Methocarbamol, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 77-year old man who has Facial Pain
- Comparions of Brintellix, Zoloft for a 56-year old woman who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Nexplanon, Sertraline Hydrochloride, for a 17-year old girl who has Adha Learning Disorder
- Comparions of Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Advil, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 76-year old woman who has Depression And Pain
- Comparions of Zoloft, Fluoxetine, Cymbalta for a 22-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Effexor, Zoloft, Celexa, Paxil Cr, Cymbalta for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Paxil, Zoloft, Luvox, Celexa for a 56-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Neurontin, Pamelor for a 16-year old boy who has Post-traumatic Headache
- Comparions of Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Escitalopram Oxalate, Botox Cosmetic for a 41-year old woman who has Major Depressive Disorder
- Comparions of Furosemide, Gabapentin, Plaquenil, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Nexium for a 53-year old woman who has Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Ezetimibe; Simvastatin, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate for a 72-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 51-year old man who has Post-traumatic Syndrome
- Comparions of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Zyprexa for a 57-year old woman who has Depression Suicidal
- Comparions of Bystolic, Ranexa, Donepezil, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Anturol for a 84-year old woman who has Bladder Issues
- Comparions of Lexapro, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 46-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Zoloft, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 59-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.