Pamelor vs Zoloft, a side effect and effectiveness comparison for a male patient aged 29
This is personalized comparison of Pamelor vs Zoloft for a male aged 29. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
What are the drugs
Pamelor (latest outcomes from 2,199 users) has active ingredients of nortriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Zoloft (latest outcomes from 78,096 users) has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
What are the symptoms
Sexual Dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity) (latest reports from 133,472 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, hair loss.
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) (latest reports from 1,542,732 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
Bundle Branch Block Right (absence of transmission of electric impulses from the atrioventricular (av) bundle of his to the right ventricle) (latest reports from 31,284 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety.
On Jul, 22, 2014: 1,983 male patients aged 25 who take the same drugs are studied in Pamelor vs Zoloft
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Pamelor||nortriptyline hydrochloride||not specified|
|Zoloft||sertraline hydrochloride||not specified|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 25 (±5):
Comparison with the specified adverse outcomes:
(outcome and its % of total reports)
|Bundle Branch Block Right||0.00%||0.00%|
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Drug Ineffective||Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)|
|Completed Suicide (act of taking one's own life)||Drug Ineffective|
|Respiratory Depression (respiration has a rate below 12 breaths)||Depression|
|Accidental Overdose||Insomnia (sleeplessness)|
|Intentional Overdose||Suicidal Ideation|
|Heart Rate Increased||Anxiety|
|Cardio-respiratory Arrest (sudden dysfunction of heart and lungs)||Suicide Attempt|
|Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation)||Dizziness|
|Pain||Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement)|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation)|
|Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body)|
|Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood)|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study:
1. print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
2. start a mobile support group with people like you or your health teams to improve treatment outcomes together.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Zoloft for Chronic Depression reported by 127 people (updated 6 hours ago)
- Chronic Depression (55 drugs in 1,625 reports) (updated 13 hours ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Pamelor (nortriptyline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Pamelor is used in:
- Zoloft is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Pamelor alternatives:
- Zoloft alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lexapro, Zoloft for a 36-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Prozac, Wellbutrin Sr, Zoloft for a 54-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Prozac, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Adderall, Paxil for a 28-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Ambien, Xanax, Zoloft for a 45-year old woman who has Sleepy
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Sertraline, Fluvoxamine Maleate, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Zoloft for a 33-year old man who has Drug Therapy Changed
- Comparions of Prozac, Zoloft, Lexapro, Celexa, Pristiq for a 42-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Prozac, Zoloft for a 28-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Amoxapine, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Imipramine Hydrochloride for a 32-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Serzone, Cymbalta, Zoloft, Prozac, Luvox for a 20-year old man who has OCD
- Comparions of Effexor, Zoloft, Wellbutrin for a 56-year old woman who has IBS
- Comparions of Savella, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 54-year old woman who has Depression Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Norco, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Lyrica, Ms Contin for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Paxil, Sertraline for a 22-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Lexapro, Zoloft, Effexor for a 32-year old man who has Major Depressive Disorder
- Comparions of Methocarbamol, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 77-year old man who has Facial Pain
- Comparions of Brintellix, Zoloft for a 56-year old woman who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Nexplanon, Sertraline Hydrochloride, for a 17-year old girl who has Adha Learning Disorder
- Comparions of Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Advil, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 76-year old woman who has Depression And Pain
- Comparions of Zoloft, Fluoxetine, Cymbalta for a 22-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Effexor, Zoloft, Celexa, Paxil Cr, Cymbalta for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Paxil, Zoloft, Luvox, Celexa for a 56-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Celexa, Escitalopram, Sertraline for a 34-year old man who has OCD
- Comparions of Brintellix, Zoloft for a 78-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Zoloft, Wellbutrin for a 56-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Crestor, Zoloft for a 71-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Zoloft, , Vicodin, Cymbalta, Gabapentin for a 58-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Comparions of Zoloft, Vyvanse for a 28-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Sertraline Hydrochloride, Tramadol Hydrochloride for a 45-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Fluconazole, Sertraline for a 28-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Sertraline, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 27-year old man who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Thyroid, Zoloft, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Xanax for a 61-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Vicodin, Klonopin, Zoloft, Depakote for a 41-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Adderall, Zoloft, Lamictal for a 45-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Neurontin, Pamelor for a 16-year old boy who has Post-traumatic Headache
- Comparions of Prozac, Paxil, Wellbutrin Xl, Zoloft for a 39-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Abilify, Prozac, Zoloft, Escitalopram Oxalate, Botox Cosmetic for a 41-year old woman who has Major Depressive Disorder
- Comparions of Furosemide, Gabapentin, Plaquenil, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Nexium for a 53-year old woman who has Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Ezetimibe; Simvastatin, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate for a 72-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of ZOLOFT, CELEBREX, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 51-year old woman who has ARTHRITIS PAIN DEPRESSION ANIEXTY
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 51-year old man who has Post-traumatic Syndrome
- Comparions of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Zyprexa for a 57-year old woman who has Depression Suicidal
- Comparions of Bystolic, Ranexa, Donepezil, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Anturol for a 84-year old woman who has Bladder Issues
- Comparions of Lexapro, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 46-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Zoloft, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 59-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of , , Clomipramine Hydrochloride, Imipramine Hydrochloride for a 8-year old boy who has Antidepressants
- Comparions of Ritalin, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 32-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Xanax, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 49-year old woman who has Sleep Aid
- Comparions of Amoxapine, Desipramine Hydrochloride, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Clomipramine Hydrochloride for a 25-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.