Aldara vs Efudex, a side effect and effectiveness comparison for a female patient aged 44
This is personalized comparison of Aldara vs Efudex for a female aged 44. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
What are the drugs
Aldara (latest outcomes from 1,913 users) has active ingredients of imiquimod. It is often used in genital warts.
Efudex (latest outcomes from 400 users) has active ingredients of fluorouracil. It is often used in skin cancer.
On May, 13, 2014: 1,055 female patients aged 39 who take the same drugs are studied in Aldara vs Efudex
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
|Female||39||Basal Cell Carcinoma|
Drugs to compare:
eHealthMe real world results:
For females aged 39 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Pruritus (severe itching of the skin)||Pyrexia (fever)|
|Rash Erythematous (redness of the skin)||Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)|
|Paraesthesia Nec (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect)||Neutropenia (an abnormally low number of neutrophils)|
|Oedema Nos (fluid collection in tissue)||Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water)|
|Skin Ulcer Nos||Diarrhoea|
|Influenza Like Illness||Febrile Neutropenia (fever with reduced white blood cells)|
|Dermatitis Bullous (inflammation of the skin characterized by the presence of bullae which are filled with fluid)||Vomiting Nos|
|Application Site Erythema (redness of the skin at application site)||Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)|
|Dermatitis Nos (inflammation of the skin resulting from direct irritation by an external agent or an allergic reaction to it)||Abdominal Pain|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Drug Exposure During Pregnancy|
|Drug Exposure Before Pregnancy|
|Septic Shock (shock due to blood infection)|
|Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (acute cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts)|
|Abortion Induced (medically referred abortion)|
|Acute Myeloid Leukaemia Nos (acute cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts)|
How to use the study:
1. print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
2. start a mobile support group with people like you or your health teams to improve treatment outcomes together.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Aldara for Basal Cell Carcinoma reported by 4 people (updated 3 days ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Aldara (imiquimod) is often used to treat genital warts. Efudex (fluorouracil) is often used to treat skin cancer. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Aldara is used in:
- Efudex is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Aldara alternatives:
- Efudex alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Fluorouracil, Marijuana for a 47-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Efudex, Mestinon for a 79-year old man who has Myasthenia Gravis
- Comparions of Fluorouracil, Oxaliplatin for a 54-year old man who has Colon Cancer Stage Ii
- Comparions of Carac, Solaraze for a 71-year old man who has Actinic Keratosis
- Comparions of Xeloda, Fluorouracil for a 57-year old woman who has Chemotherapy
- Comparions of Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Carac, Lisinopril for a 54-year old woman who has Dry Skin
- Comparions of Aldara, Efudex (Valeant Pharm Intl) - 5% for a 63-year old woman who has Daisy
- Comparions of Aldara (Medicis) - 5%, Efudex (Valeant Pharm Intl) - 5% for a 41-year old woman who has Bcc
- Comparions of Fluorouracil (Spear Pharms) - 5%, Picato (Leo Pharma As) - 0.05% for a 54-year old woman who has Precancerous Cells Present
- Comparions of Aldara (Medicis) - 5%, Efudex (Valeant Pharm Intl) - 5% for a 60-year old woman who has Skin Cancer
- Comparions of Vincristine Sulfate, Fluorouracil for a 45-year old woman who has Colon Cancer
- Comparions of Fluorouracil (Taro) - 5%, Avastin (Genentech) - 400MG for a 53-year old woman who has Cancer Chemotherapy
- Comparions of Aldara, Efudex for a 67-year old man who has Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Comparions of Solaraze (Nycomed Us) - 3%, Aldara (Graceway) - 5% for a 56-year old man who has Actinic Keratosis
- Comparions of Aldara (Graceway) - 5%, Caffeine for a 61-year old man who has Skin Cancer - Basal Cell
- Comparions of Solaraze (Nycomed Us) - 3%, Efudex for a 41-year old woman who has Actinic Keratosis
- Comparions of Efudex (Valeant Pharm Intl) - 5%, Aldara (Graceway) - 5% for a 60-year old woman who has Skin Cancer - Basal Cell
- Comparions of Solaraze, Fluorouracil for a 56-year old man who has Solar Keratosis
- Comparions of Carac (Sanofi Aventis Us) - 0.5%, Levothyroxine Sodium (Mylan) - 0.025MG for a 80-year old man who has Skin - Clammy
- Comparions of Aldara, Efudex for a 73-year old woman who has Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Comparions of Aldara (Graceway) - 5%, Fluorouracil (Taro) - 5% for a 64-year old woman who has Keratosis - Actinic (solar)
- Comparions of Benadryl (Mcneil Cons) - 50MG, Fluorouracil for a 51-year old man who has Skin Cancer
- Comparions of Carac, Solaraze (Nycomed Us) - 3% for a 64-year old woman who has Actinic Keratosis
- Comparions of Efudex (Valeant Pharm Intl) - 5%, Hydroxyurea for a 53-year old man who has Essential Thrombocythemia
- Comparions of Nystatin, Fluorouracil for a 74-year old man who has Precancerous Skin Lesion
- Comparions of Gemcitabine, Fluorouracil for a 43-year old woman who has Cancer - Breast
- Comparions of Aldara, Coumadin (Bristol Myers Squibb) - 5MG for a 74-year old woman who has Skin Cancer - Basal Cell
- Comparions of Aldara, Hydrocortisone for a 52-year old man who has Ak
- Comparions of Insulin, Aldara for a 22-year old man who has Condyloma
- Comparions of Terazosin Hydrochloride (Cadista Pharms) - EQ 5MG BASE, Fluorouracil (Spear Pharms) - 5% for a 77-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prednisone, Aldara, Humira (Abbott) - 40MG/0.8ML, Ibuprofen (Abbott) - 800MG for a 18-year old girl who has Rheumatoid And Genital Warts
- Comparions of Aldara, Efudex for a 42-year old woman who has Precancerous Skin Lesion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.