Ambien vs Flurazepam Hydrochloride for a male patient aged 50
Summary: 3,300 male patients aged 50 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Ambien vs Flurazepam Hydrochloride for a male aged 50. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Ambien (latest outcomes from 46,768 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia.
Flurazepam hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 181 users) has active ingredients of flurazepam hydrochloride. It is often used in insomnia.
On Mar, 26, 2015: 3,300 male patients aged 43 who take the same drugs are studied in Ambien vs Flurazepam Hydrochloride
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Ambien||zolpidem tartrate||Sanofi Aventis Us|
|Flurazepam Hydrochloride||flurazepam hydrochloride||Halsey|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 43 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Ambien (Sanofi Aventis Us)||Flurazepam Hydrochloride (Halsey)|
|Fatigue||Drug Withdrawal Syndrome|
|Chest Pain||Confusional State|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Ambien (Sanofi Aventis Us)||Flurazepam Hydrochloride (Halsey)|
|Road Traffic Accident||Muscular Weakness|
|Loss Of Consciousness||Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased|
|Unresponsive To Stimuli||Dependence|
|Suicide Attempt||Completed Suicide|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Ambien for Insomnia reported by 1,556 people (updated 11 minutes ago)
- Flurazepam Hydrochloride for Insomnia reported by 10 people (updated 4 days ago)
- Insomnia (102 drugs in 7,082 reports) (updated 1 day ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is often used to treat insomnia. Flurazepam Hydrochloride (flurazepam hydrochloride) is often used to treat insomnia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Ambien is used in:
- Flurazepam hydrochloride is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Ambien alternatives:
- Flurazepam hydrochloride alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ambien, Morphine Sulfate, Percocet for a 41-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Ambien, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Vistaril for a 18-year old girl who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Zolpidem Tartrate for a 58-year old man who has Depression And Insomnia
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 69-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Dalmane, Restoril, Valium for a 49-year old woman who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Welchol for a 90-year old woman who has Sleeplessness
- Comparions of Valerian, Ambien for a 38-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Zolpidem for a 82-year old woman who has Insomnia, Auto Immune Disease, Neuropathy, Spinal Stenosis, High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omeprazole, Linzess, Ambien for a 22-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 56-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Soma, Ambien, Skelaxin, Celexa, Strattera for a 52-year old man who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Zolpidem for a 64-year old man who has Diaetios
- Comparions of Ambien Cr, Adderall Xr 20, Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Ambien, Nexium, Carafate, Dilaudid for a 41-year old woman who has Hip Pain
- Comparions of Zolpidem Tartrate, Buspirone Hcl for a 65-year old man who has Anxiety And Stress
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Ambien, Xanax, Zoloft for a 45-year old woman who has Sleepy
- Comparions of Zolpidem, Ramelteon for a 44-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Norco, Xanax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Paxil
- Comparions of Vicodin, Zolpidem for a 48-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Zolpidem, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 33-year old man who has Insomnia, Irritability, Aggression, No Energy
- Comparions of Halcion, Ambien, Restoril, Dalmane for a 54-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Hawthrone for a 32-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Temazepam, Ambien for a 45-year old woman who has Insomnia
- Comparions of HCTZ, Amlodipine Besylate, Ambien, Gabapentin for a 78-year old woman who has Numbness And Tingling
- Comparions of Zolpidem, Methocarbamol, Pyridium for a 64-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type
- Comparions of Lamotrigine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Zolpidem for a 48-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Ambien Cr, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 24-year old man who has Psychiatric Symptom And Cps
- Comparions of Flurazepam Hydrochloride, Lorazepam, Valproic Acid, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Olanzapine for a 27-year old man who has Borderline Personality Disorder
- Comparions of Lipitor, Ambien, Imitrex, Keppra Xr for a 45-year old woman who has Seizure - Grand Mal
- Comparions of Zaleplon, Eszopiclone, Zolpidem for a 51-year old woman who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Temazepam, Ambien Cr for a 91-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Methylprednisolone for a 56-year old woman who has Low Back Pain
- Comparions of Temazepam, Zolpidem Tartrate, Zaleplon for a 59-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Ambien for a 75-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Zolpidem Tartrate for a 44-year old woman who has Sleep Terror
- Comparions of Vyvanse, Zolpidem, Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 59-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Ambien, Flurazepam Hydrochloride, Lithium Carbonate, Zyprexa, Seroquel for a 47-year old man who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Clonazepam, Oxazepam, Alprazolam, Midazolam Hydrochloride, Flurazepam Hydrochloride for a 36-year old man who has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type
- Comparions of Ambien (Sanofi Aventis Us) - 10MG, Flurazepam Hydrochloride for a 78-year old woman who has Sleeping
- Comparions of Xanax (Pharmacia And Upjohn) - 0.25MG, Dalmane (Valeant Pharm Intl) - 15MG for a 37-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Remeron (Organon Usa Inc) - 30MG, Dalmane (Valeant Pharm Intl) - 30MG for a 29-year old man who has Insomnia - Psychophysiological (learned)
- Comparions of Dalmane (Valeant Pharm Intl) - 15MG, Restoril (Tyco Hlthcare) - 30MG for a 50-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Clonazepam, Flurazepam Hydrochloride for a 43-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Myfortic (Novartis) - 360MG, Dalmane (Valeant Pharm Intl) - 15MG for a 52-year old woman who has Bird Shot
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.