Atarax vs Xanax for a female patient aged 46
Summary: 8,833 female patients aged 46 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Atarax vs Xanax for a female aged 46. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Atarax (latest outcomes from 10,965 users) has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Xanax (latest outcomes from 59,069 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
On Apr, 5, 2015: 8,833 female patients aged 40 who take the same drugs are studied in Atarax vs Xanax
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Xanax||alprazolam||Pharmacia And Upjohn|
eHealthMe real world results:
For females aged 40 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Atarax (Pfizer)||Xanax (Pharmacia And Upjohn)|
|Chest Pain||Chest Pain|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Drug Ineffective|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Atarax for Allergies reported by 11 people (updated 2 days ago)
- Allergies (84 drugs in 4,354 reports) (updated 11 hours ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Atarax (hydroxyzine hydrochloride) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Atarax is used in:
- Xanax is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Atarax alternatives:
- Xanax alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel, Alprazolam for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Librium, Vistaril, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 49-year old man who has Depression, Alcoholism
- Comparions of Remeron, Vistaril, Methadone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl-100 for a 29-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 40-year old man who has Sleep
- Comparions of Clonidine Hydrochloride And Chlorthalidone, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Alprazolam for a 27-year old man who has Withdrawal From Opioids
- Comparions of Vistaril, Ondansetron for a 62-year old woman who has Post-operative Analgesia
- Comparions of Xyzal, Singulair, Lexapro, Xanax, Sonata for a 39-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Vistaril, Restoril for a 47-year old woman who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Vistaril for a 18-year old girl who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Xanax, Clonazepam for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Luvox, Xanax for a 22-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Atarax, Zoloft for a 41-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Xanax, Vistaril for a 92-year old woman who has Nausea
- Comparions of Invega, Xanax for a 54-year old woman who has Brain Damage
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a 94-year old man who has Amiodarone
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Prozac, Xanax, Sprintec for a 20-year old woman who has Teenagers And Depression
- Comparions of Xanax, Ativan for a 88-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Clomipramine Hydrochloride, Xanax Xr for a 40-year old man who has Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Lisinopril for a 54-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 22-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of St. John's Wort, Prozac, Lexapro, Xanax, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Percocet, Xanax for a 70-year old woman who has Janimine
- Comparions of Prozac, Ritalin, Suboxone, Xanax for a 52-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Xanax, Versed, Opana Er for a 56-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Olanzapine, Alprazolam for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Temazepam, Detrol La, Hydroxyzine for a 64-year old woman who has Allergic Reactions
- Comparions of Xanax, Morphine for a 53-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Klonopin, Xanax for a 27-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Alprazolam, Sertraline, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Panic Attack
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Clonazepam for a 69-year old man who has Sleep Terror
- Comparions of Xanax, Valium for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Xanax, Chantix, Prozac for a 61-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Ativan, Xanax for a 35-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Wellbutrin, Hydroxyzine, Adderall 20, Seroquel for a 30-year old woman who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Desyrel, Xanax, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Thorazine, Buspar for a 43-year old woman who has Bipoler And Anxiety
- Comparions of Baclofen, Xanax, Norco, Allopurinol, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 50-year old woman who has Chronic Gouty Arthritis
- Comparions of Xanax, Carvedilol for a 59-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Xanax, Nuvigil, Adderall 30 for a 34-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Xanax, Lithium Carbonate for a 1-year old girl who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
- Comparions of Paxil, Xanax, Prozac for a 76-year old man who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Diazepam, Xanax Xr for a 39-year old man who has Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia
- Comparions of Vistaril, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Effexor Xr for a 50-year old woman who has Depression Anxiety
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Strattera, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Oxtellar Xr for a 19-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride, Desloratadine And Pseudoephedrine Sulfate 24 Hour for a 56-year old man who has Doctors Orders
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Montelukast Sodium for a 72-year old man who has Anxiety And Stress
- Comparions of Estradiol Valerate, Medroxyprogesterone Acetate, Spironolactone, Hydroxyzine, Celexa for a 26-year old woman who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ketotifen Fumarate, Hydroxyzine, Clemastine Fumarate, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride for a 26-year old woman who has Hayfever
- Comparions of Atarax, Bi-sifrol for a 68-year old woman who has Restlessness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.