Ativan vs Depakote for a male patient aged 45
Summary: 5,458 male patients aged 45 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Ativan vs Depakote for a male aged 45. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Ativan (latest outcomes from 35,240 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,959 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
On Apr, 4, 2015: 5,458 male patients aged 39 who take the same drugs are studied in Ativan vs Depakote
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Depakote||divalproex sodium||not specified|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 39 (±5):
Comparison with the specified adverse outcomes:
(outcome and its % of total reports)
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Anxiety (151 drugs in 14,537 reports) (updated 2 days ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Ativan (lorazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Depakote (divalproex sodium) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Ativan is used in:
- Depakote is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Ativan alternatives:
- Depakote alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of ESCITALOPRAM OXALATE, MELOXICAM, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, DIVALPROEX, METHOCARBAMOL for a 33-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Mesalamine, Lorazepam for a 69-year old woman who has Mood Disorder
- Comparions of Esgic-plus, Ativan for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Olanzapine, Depakote Er for a 22-year old man who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Clonazepam for a 31-year old man who has Been Prescribed For 10 Years
- Comparions of Levetiracetam, Epival for a 26-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Compound, Haloperidol, Ativan for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Vimpat, Depakote Er for a 36-year old woman who has Partial Seizures With Secondary Generalisation
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Ativan, Buspirone Hcl for a 39-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Methscopolamine Bromide, Lorazepam, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Morphine for a 85-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Tamoxifen Citrate, Depakote Er for a 56-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Clomipramine Hydrochloride, Depakote for a 55-year old woman who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 51-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Keppra, Depakote, Mysoline for a 56-year old man who has Focal Epilepsy
- Comparions of Xanax, Ativan for a 88-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Ativan, Fioricet W/ Codeine for a 36-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Depakote Er, Keppra, Lamictal for a 50-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 20, Ativan, Topamax for a 27-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Divalproex for a 35-year old man who has Seizures
- Comparions of Acamprosate Calcium, Lorazepam for a 61-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica, Lorazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycontin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Nuropathy, Major Depressive Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Reflective Sympathetic Dystophy
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lorazepam for a 78-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Ativan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 29-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Nortriptyline
- Comparions of Ativan, Xanax for a 35-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Depakote Er, Viagra for a 63-year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction
- Comparions of Carisoprodol, Ativan for a 54-year old woman who has Stress
- Comparions of Buspirone Hcl, Ativan for a 45-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Amphetamine Salt Combo, Escitalopram, Lamotrigine, Depakote for a 61-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Gabapentin for a 31-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Ativan, Lexapro, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gemcitabine, Taxotere for a 60-year old woman who has Sarcoma Uterus
- Comparions of Ativan, Xanax for a 64-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Depakote, Seroquel XR for a 49-year old man who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Lexapro for a 34-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Depakote for a 31-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Depakote, ONFI, Zonisamide, Lamictal, Ethosuximide for a 10-year old girl who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Depakote, Topamax, Bladderwrack, Risperdal for a 32-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Propranolol Hydrochloride, Divalproex for a 23-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Pravastatin Sodium, Xarelto, Losartan, Amlodipine Besylate for a 87-year old man who has Bloodpressure, Cholesteral
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Ativan for a 76-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Acyclovir, Adderall 20, Wellbutrin Xl, Suboxone, Ativan for a 34-year old woman who has PTSD
- Comparions of Promethazine, Ativan for a 51-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Vicodin, Klonopin, Zoloft, Depakote for a 41-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Ativan, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 43-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Adderall, Lorazepam, Klonopin, Xanax for a 45-year old woman who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Ondansetron, Lorazepam, Amphetamine Sulfate for a 24-year old woman who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Accutane for a 25-year old man who has Devil's Vine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.