Ativan vs Benadryl vs Haldol for a male patient aged 93
Summary: 1,253 male patients aged 93 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Ativan vs Benadryl vs Haldol for a male aged 93. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Ativan (latest outcomes from 35,243 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,401 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Haldol (latest outcomes from 9,645 users) has active ingredients of haloperidol. It is often used in schizophrenia.
What is the symptom
Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 200,824 Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness patients)
On Apr, 11, 2015: 1,253 male patients aged 87 who take the same drugs are studied in Ativan vs Benadryl vs Haldol
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Benadryl||diphenhydramine hydrochloride||not specified|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 87 (±5):
Comparison with the specified adverse outcomes:
(outcome and its % of total reports)
|Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness||5.90%||4.90%||6.06%|
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Agitation (29 drugs in 222 reports) (updated 3 weeks ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Ativan (lorazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used to treat allergies. Haldol (haloperidol) is often used to treat schizophrenia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Ativan is used in:
- Benadryl is used in:
- Haldol is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Ativan alternatives:
- Benadryl alternatives:
- Haldol alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ritalin, Celexa, Lorazepam for a 17-year old girl who has Petit Mal Seizure
- Comparions of Haldol, Loxapine for a 22-year old man who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Allergies And Genetics
- Comparions of Mesalamine, Lorazepam for a 69-year old woman who has Mood Disorder
- Comparions of Esgic-plus, Ativan for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Clonazepam for a 31-year old man who has Been Prescribed For 10 Years
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Compound, Haloperidol, Ativan for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Adderall Xr 30 for a 24-year old man who has ADHD And Insomnia
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Ativan, Buspirone Hcl for a 39-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Methscopolamine Bromide, Lorazepam, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Morphine for a 85-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Benadryl for a 20-year old woman who has Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Trifluoperazine Hcl for a 27-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Haldol, Invega Sustenna for a 33-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Phentermine for a 49-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 51-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Xanax, Ativan for a 88-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Levitra for a 66-year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction
- Comparions of Ativan, Fioricet W/ Codeine for a 36-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Diclofenac Sodium for a 32-year old woman who has Anal Inflammation
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 20, Ativan, Topamax for a 27-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Benadryl, Oxycodone 5/apap 500 for a 62-year old man who has Sleep Apnoea Syndrome
- Comparions of Acamprosate Calcium, Lorazepam for a 61-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Benadryl, Dimetapp for a 53-year old man who has Flu
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Benadryl for a 37-year old man who has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica, Lorazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycontin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Nuropathy, Major Depressive Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Reflective Sympathetic Dystophy
- Comparions of Benadryl, NyQuil for a 15-year old boy who has Fever
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lorazepam for a 78-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Ativan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 29-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Nortriptyline
- Comparions of Ativan, Xanax for a 35-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Carisoprodol, Ativan for a 54-year old woman who has Stress
- Comparions of Benadryl, Tofranil for a 4-year old boy who has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition
- Comparions of Doxylamine Succinate, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 72-year old man who has Difficulty Falling Asleep
- Comparions of Buspirone Hcl, Ativan for a 45-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Gabapentin for a 31-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Ativan, Lexapro, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gemcitabine, Taxotere for a 60-year old woman who has Sarcoma Uterus
- Comparions of Ativan, Xanax for a 64-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Strattera, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Haldol, Invega Sustenna, Lithium Carbonate for a 20-year old man who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Benadryl, Methylprednisolone for a 35-year old man who has Rash Generalised
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Sr, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Benadryl Preservative Free, Hydrocortisone Sodium Succinate, Lupron Depot for a 75-year old man who has Prostate Cancer Metastatic
- Comparions of Haldol, Celexa, Seroquel Xr, Saphris for a 36-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Lexapro for a 34-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride Preservative Free, Epzicom, Tivicay for a 19-year old boy who has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition
- Comparions of Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Advil, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 76-year old woman who has Depression And Pain
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Pravastatin Sodium, Xarelto, Losartan, Amlodipine Besylate for a 87-year old man who has Bloodpressure, Cholesteral
- Comparions of Zyrtec, Benadryl for a 9-year old girl who has Allergies
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Ativan for a 76-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.