Ativan vs Benadryl vs Haldol, a side effect and effectiveness comparison for a male patient aged 92
This is personalized comparison of Ativan vs Benadryl vs Haldol for a male aged 92. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
What are the drugs
Ativan (latest outcomes from 35,167 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,327 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Haldol (latest outcomes from 9,636 users) has active ingredients of haloperidol. It is often used in schizophrenia.
What is the symptom
Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness) (latest reports from 1,544,253 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Aug, 11, 2014: 1,252 male patients aged 87 who take the same drugs are studied in Ativan vs Benadryl vs Haldol
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Benadryl||diphenhydramine hydrochloride||not specified|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 87 (±5):
Comparison with the specified adverse outcomes:
(outcome and its % of total reports)
|Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness||5.88%||4.90%||6.09%|
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Asthenia (weakness)||Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure)||Depressed Level Of Consciousness|
|Pneumonia||Pyrexia (fever)||Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful)|
|Confusional State||Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets)||Fall|
|Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water)||Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water)||Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement)|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||Dizziness||Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure)|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||Fall||Disorientation (disability in which the senses of time, direction, and recognition of people and places)|
|Condition Aggravated||Neutropenia (an abnormally low number of neutrophils)||Confusion|
|Dizziness||Anaemia (lack of blood)||Altered State Of Consciousness (altered state of mind)|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death)||Condition Aggravated|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Diarrhoea||Pneumonitis (inflammation of the walls of the alveoli in the lungs)|
|Weakness||Neurogenic Bladder (the normal function of the bladder is to store and empty urine in a coordinated, controlled fashion)|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study:
1. print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
2. start a mobile support group with people like you or your health teams to improve treatment outcomes together.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Agitation (28 drugs in 215 reports) (updated 4 weeks ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Ativan (lorazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used to treat allergies. Haldol (haloperidol) is often used to treat schizophrenia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Ativan is used in:
- Benadryl is used in:
- Haldol is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Ativan alternatives:
- Benadryl alternatives:
- Haldol alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ativan, Lexapro, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gemcitabine, Taxotere for a 60-year old woman who has Sarcoma Uterus
- Comparions of Ativan, Xanax for a 64-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Strattera, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Haldol, Invega Sustenna, Lithium Carbonate for a 20-year old man who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Benadryl, Methylprednisolone for a 35-year old man who has Rash Generalised
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Sr, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Benadryl Preservative Free, Hydrocortisone Sodium Succinate, Lupron Depot for a 75-year old man who has Prostate Cancer Metastatic
- Comparions of Haldol, Celexa, Seroquel Xr, Saphris for a 36-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Lexapro for a 34-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride Preservative Free, Epzicom, Tivicay for a 19-year old boy who has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition
- Comparions of Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Advil, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 76-year old woman who has Depression And Pain
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Pravastatin Sodium, Xarelto, Losartan, Amlodipine Besylate for a 87-year old man who has Bloodpressure, Cholesteral
- Comparions of Zyrtec, Benadryl for a 9-year old girl who has Allergies
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Ativan for a 76-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Acyclovir, Adderall 20, Wellbutrin Xl, Suboxone, Ativan for a 34-year old woman who has PTSD
- Comparions of Promethazine, Ativan for a 51-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Ativan, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 43-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Adderall, Lorazepam, Klonopin, Xanax for a 45-year old woman who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Ondansetron, Lorazepam, Amphetamine Sulfate for a 24-year old woman who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Meloxicam, Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman who has Arthritis - Osteoarthritis
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Accutane for a 25-year old man who has Devil's Vine
- Comparions of Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Lorazepam, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a 61-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Sensipar, Phoslo, Haldol for a 61-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Diovan, Ativan for a 76-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Lexapro, Ativan, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin for a 37-year old woman who has Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Sr, Ativan, Ultram for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Clonazepam, Lorazepam for a 57-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 47-year old woman who has Sneezing And Runny Nose
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Haldol for a 57-year old man who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Losartan Potassium, Lorazepam for a 82-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Zyrtec Allergy, Benadryl for a 55-year old woman who has Throat Tightness
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Acetaminophen, Benadryl, Aleve for a 52-year old man who has Pain,bug Bite
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Diazepam for a 37-year old woman who has Wry Neck
- Comparions of Flurazepam Hydrochloride, Lorazepam, Valproic Acid, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Olanzapine for a 27-year old man who has Borderline Personality Disorder
- Comparions of Dulera, Benadryl for a 53-year old woman who has Allergies
- Comparions of Vistaril, Benadryl for a 61-year old woman who has Prevent Psychotic Drug Side Effects
- Comparions of Benylin, Cytotec for a 35-year old woman who has Ectopic Pregnancy Termination
- Comparions of Ritalin, Ativan, Prozac for a 32-year old woman who has Major Depressive Disorder
- Comparions of Ativan, Effexor Xr for a 64-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Ativan, Methocarbamol, Atenolol for a 55-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Fexofenadine Hydrochloride, Loratadine, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Allergic Sinusitis
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Gabapentin for a 45-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Neurontin for a 84-year old man who has Nerve Conduction Velocity
- Comparions of Ativan, Warfarin Sodium for a 82-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Proventil, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 80-year old man who has Diagnosed With Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease And Hypertension
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Prazepam for a 20-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Zyprexa, Haldol for a 20-year old man who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Zoloft for a 66-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Navane, Haldol for a 57-year old woman who has Psychosis
- Comparions of Benadryl, Crestor, Amlodipine, Ramipril, Nitroglycerin for a 66-year old woman who has Vasospasm
- Comparions of Botox, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Artane, Ativan for a 43-year old woman who has Dystonia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.