Benadryl vs Ambien for a female patient aged 56
Summary: 10,788 female patients aged 56 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Benadryl vs Ambien for a female aged 56. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,401 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Ambien (latest outcomes from 46,777 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia.
On Apr, 2, 2015: 10,788 female patients aged 50 who take the same drugs are studied in Benadryl vs Ambien
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Benadryl||diphenhydramine hydrochloride||Mcneil Cons|
|Ambien||zolpidem tartrate||Sanofi Aventis Us|
eHealthMe real world results:
For females aged 50 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Benadryl (Mcneil Cons)||Ambien (Sanofi Aventis Us)|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Benadryl for Rash reported by 27 people (updated 1 week ago)
- Rash (21 drugs in 148 reports) (updated 3 months ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used to treat allergies. Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is often used to treat insomnia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Benadryl is used in:
- Ambien is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Benadryl alternatives:
- Ambien alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Halcion, Dalmane, Ambien for a 51-year old man who has Sleepy
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Allergies And Genetics
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Ambien, Morphine Sulfate, Percocet for a 41-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Ambien, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Vistaril for a 18-year old girl who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Zolpidem Tartrate for a 58-year old man who has Depression And Insomnia
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Adderall Xr 30 for a 24-year old man who has ADHD And Insomnia
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 69-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Benadryl for a 20-year old woman who has Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Trifluoperazine Hcl for a 27-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Phentermine for a 49-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Ambien, Welchol for a 90-year old woman who has Sleeplessness
- Comparions of Valerian, Ambien for a 38-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Levitra for a 66-year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Zolpidem for a 82-year old woman who has Insomnia, Auto Immune Disease, Neuropathy, Spinal Stenosis, High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omeprazole, Linzess, Ambien for a 22-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 56-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Diclofenac Sodium for a 32-year old woman who has Anal Inflammation
- Comparions of Benadryl, Oxycodone 5/apap 500 for a 62-year old man who has Sleep Apnoea Syndrome
- Comparions of Benadryl, Dimetapp for a 53-year old man who has Flu
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Benadryl for a 37-year old man who has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- Comparions of Benadryl, NyQuil for a 15-year old boy who has Fever
- Comparions of Soma, Ambien, Skelaxin, Celexa, Strattera for a 52-year old man who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Zolpidem for a 64-year old man who has Diaetios
- Comparions of Benadryl, Tofranil for a 4-year old boy who has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition
- Comparions of Ambien Cr, Adderall Xr 20, Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Ambien, Nexium, Carafate, Dilaudid for a 41-year old woman who has Hip Pain
- Comparions of Doxylamine Succinate, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 72-year old man who has Difficulty Falling Asleep
- Comparions of Zolpidem Tartrate, Buspirone Hcl for a 65-year old man who has Anxiety And Stress
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Ambien, Xanax, Zoloft for a 45-year old woman who has Sleepy
- Comparions of Zolpidem, Ramelteon for a 44-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Benadryl, Methylprednisolone for a 35-year old man who has Rash Generalised
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Sr, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Ambien, Norco, Xanax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Paxil
- Comparions of Benadryl Preservative Free, Hydrocortisone Sodium Succinate, Lupron Depot for a 75-year old man who has Prostate Cancer Metastatic
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride Preservative Free, Epzicom, Tivicay for a 19-year old boy who has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition
- Comparions of Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Advil, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 76-year old woman who has Depression And Pain
- Comparions of Vicodin, Zolpidem for a 48-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Zyrtec, Benadryl for a 9-year old girl who has Allergies
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Zolpidem, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 33-year old man who has Insomnia, Irritability, Aggression, No Energy
- Comparions of Halcion, Ambien, Restoril, Dalmane for a 54-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Hawthrone for a 32-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Temazepam, Ambien for a 45-year old woman who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Meloxicam, Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman who has Arthritis - Osteoarthritis
- Comparions of HCTZ, Amlodipine Besylate, Ambien, Gabapentin for a 78-year old woman who has Numbness And Tingling
- Comparions of Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 47-year old woman who has Sneezing And Runny Nose
- Comparions of Zolpidem, Methocarbamol, Pyridium for a 64-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type
- Comparions of Zyrtec Allergy, Benadryl for a 55-year old woman who has Throat Tightness
- Comparions of Lamotrigine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Zolpidem for a 48-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.