Benadryl vs Atarax for a male patient aged 33
Summary: 1,527 male patients aged 33 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Benadryl vs Atarax for a male aged 33. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,401 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Atarax (latest outcomes from 10,965 users) has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
On Apr, 25, 2015: 1,527 male patients aged 27 who take the same drugs are studied in Benadryl vs Atarax
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Benadryl||diphenhydramine hydrochloride||Mcneil Cons|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 27 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Benadryl (Mcneil Cons)||Atarax (Pfizer)|
|Drug Toxicity||Suicide Attempt|
|Pyrexia||Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased|
|Suicide Attempt||Drug Ineffective|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Benadryl for Eye Allergy reported by 46 people (updated 3 days ago)
- Eye Allergy (26 drugs in 259 reports) (updated 2 years ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used to treat allergies. Atarax (hydroxyzine hydrochloride) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Benadryl is used in:
- Atarax is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Benadryl alternatives:
- Atarax alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Librium, Vistaril, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 49-year old man who has Depression, Alcoholism
- Comparions of Remeron, Vistaril, Methadone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl-100 for a 29-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Allergies And Genetics
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 40-year old man who has Sleep
- Comparions of Vistaril, Ondansetron for a 62-year old woman who has Post-operative Analgesia
- Comparions of Vistaril, Restoril for a 47-year old woman who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Vistaril for a 18-year old girl who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Adderall Xr 30 for a 24-year old man who has ADHD And Insomnia
- Comparions of Atarax, Zoloft for a 41-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Xanax, Vistaril for a 92-year old woman who has Nausea
- Comparions of Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Benadryl for a 20-year old woman who has Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Trifluoperazine Hcl for a 27-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Phentermine for a 49-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Levitra for a 66-year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Lisinopril for a 54-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 22-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Temazepam, Detrol La, Hydroxyzine for a 64-year old woman who has Allergic Reactions
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Diclofenac Sodium for a 32-year old woman who has Anal Inflammation
- Comparions of Benadryl, Oxycodone 5/apap 500 for a 62-year old man who has Sleep Apnoea Syndrome
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Clonazepam for a 69-year old man who has Sleep Terror
- Comparions of Benadryl, Dimetapp for a 53-year old man who has Flu
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Benadryl for a 37-year old man who has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- Comparions of Benadryl, NyQuil for a 15-year old boy who has Fever
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Wellbutrin, Hydroxyzine, Adderall 20, Seroquel for a 30-year old woman who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Benadryl, Tofranil for a 4-year old boy who has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition
- Comparions of Doxylamine Succinate, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 72-year old man who has Difficulty Falling Asleep
- Comparions of Vistaril, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Effexor Xr for a 50-year old woman who has Depression Anxiety
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Strattera, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Oxtellar Xr for a 19-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride, Desloratadine And Pseudoephedrine Sulfate 24 Hour for a 56-year old man who has Doctors Orders
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Montelukast Sodium for a 72-year old man who has Anxiety And Stress
- Comparions of Benadryl, Methylprednisolone for a 35-year old man who has Rash Generalised
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Sr, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Benadryl Preservative Free, Hydrocortisone Sodium Succinate, Lupron Depot for a 75-year old man who has Prostate Cancer Metastatic
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride Preservative Free, Epzicom, Tivicay for a 19-year old boy who has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition
- Comparions of Estradiol Valerate, Medroxyprogesterone Acetate, Spironolactone, Hydroxyzine, Celexa for a 26-year old woman who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ketotifen Fumarate, Hydroxyzine, Clemastine Fumarate, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride for a 26-year old woman who has Hayfever
- Comparions of Atarax, Bi-sifrol for a 68-year old woman who has Restlessness
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Adderall 20, Valium, Abilify for a 32-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Advil, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 76-year old woman who has Depression And Pain
- Comparions of Holy Basil, Indole - 3 - Carbinol, Vistaril for a 39-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Lexapro, Doxazosin Mesylate, Gabapentin, Arimidex for a 52-year old woman who has Breast Cancer
- Comparions of Zyrtec, Benadryl for a 9-year old girl who has Allergies
- Comparions of Vistaril, Lithium Carbonate, Lexapro for a 17-year old boy who has Visteral For Aggitaion
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Meloxicam, Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman who has Arthritis - Osteoarthritis
- Comparions of Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 47-year old woman who has Sneezing And Runny Nose
- Comparions of Zyrtec Allergy, Benadryl for a 55-year old woman who has Throat Tightness
- Comparions of Marijuana, Hydroxyzine for a 21-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Acetaminophen, Benadryl, Aleve for a 52-year old man who has Pain,bug Bite
- Comparions of Dulera, Benadryl for a 53-year old woman who has Allergies
- Comparions of Vistaril, Benadryl for a 61-year old woman who has Prevent Psychotic Drug Side Effects
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.