Cephalexin vs Acyclovir for a female patient aged 41
Summary: 1,263 female patients aged 41 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Cephalexin vs Acyclovir for a female aged 41. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Cephalexin (latest outcomes from 8,074 users) has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection.
Acyclovir (latest outcomes from 1,296 users) has active ingredients of acyclovir. It is often used in herpes simplex.
On Mar, 28, 2015: 1,265 female patients aged 35 who take the same drugs are studied in Cephalexin vs Acyclovir
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
eHealthMe real world results:
For females aged 35 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Cephalexin for Mastitis reported by 3 people (updated 2 days ago)
- Mastitis (4 drugs in 13 reports) (updated 3 months ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Cephalexin (cephalexin) is often used to treat infection. Acyclovir (acyclovir) is often used to treat herpes simplex. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Cephalexin is used in:
- Acyclovir is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Cephalexin alternatives:
- Acyclovir alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Acyclovir, Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Shingles
- Comparions of Keflex, Ceftin, Augmentin for a 4-year old boy who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Augmentin '500', Omnicef, Ceftin, Keflex for a 10-year old girl who has Pneumonia
- Comparions of Augmentin '400', Keflex for a 15-year old girl who has Pneumonia Bacterial
- Comparions of Lyrica, Acyclovir for a 74-year old woman who has Shingles
- Comparions of Acyclovir, Tamiflu for a 22-year old man who has Flu
- Comparions of Keflex, Nitrofurantoin for a 74-year old woman who has Vaginitis Bacterial
- Comparions of Cephalexin, Symbicort for a 94-year old man who has Bronchitis
- Comparions of Tamiflu, Keflex for a 38-year old man who has Flu
- Comparions of Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Acyclovir for a 68-year old man who has Herpes Simplex
- Comparions of Xarelto, Cephalexin for a 23-year old woman who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Acyclovir, Valproate Sodium for a 3-year old girl who has Epilepsy Congenital
- Comparions of Percorten, Keftab for a 51-year old woman who has Aches And Pains In Bones
- Comparions of Valtrex, Acyclovir for a 41-year old woman who has Herpes Simplex
- Comparions of Acyclovir, Adderall 20, Wellbutrin Xl, Suboxone, Ativan for a 34-year old woman who has PTSD
- Comparions of Milk Thistle, Acyclovir for a 48-year old woman who has Hepatitis C
- Comparions of Keflex, Bactrim for a 41-year old woman who has UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent
- Comparions of Cephalexin, Indapamide for a 62-year old woman who has Uterine Infection
- Comparions of Zofran, Keflex for a 18-year old girl who has Gastritis
- Comparions of Cephalexin, Nitrofurantoin for a 63-year old woman who has Foetal Warfarin Syndrome
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Acyclovir for a 67-year old man who has Cold Sore
- Comparions of Keflex, Levaquin for a 70-year old man who has Pro-time
- Comparions of Cephalexin, Nitrofurantoin for a 30-year old man who has Wound - Cut Or Puncture
- Comparions of Minocycline Hydrochloride, Cephalexin for a 43-year old man who has Prescribed
- Comparions of Acyclovir, Gemcitabine, Carboplatin for a 39-year old woman who has Cancer - Breast
- Comparions of Cephalexin, Ceftin for a 15-year old girl who has Acne
- Comparions of Glipizide, Acyclovir, , , Lactulose for a 60-year old woman who has Hepatic Encephalopathy And Diabetes
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Acyclovir Sodium, Warfarin Sodium for a 41-year old woman who has Factor V Deficiency, Herpes ,pain
- Comparions of Keflex, Levaquin for a 42-year old woman who has Sinus Congestion
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Humira, Acyclovir for a 53-year old woman who has Shingles
- Comparions of Heparin Sodium, Cephalexin, Diclofenac Potassium, Perindopril Erbumine, Spironolactone for a 72-year old man who has Cardiac Failure Congestive
- Comparions of Penicillin, Cephalexin, Cefuroxime for a 40-year old man who has UTI
- Comparions of Cephalexin (Ceph Intl) - EQ 500MG BASE, Zithromax (Pfizer) - EQ 500MG BASE for a 64-year old man who has Infection - Inner Ear
- Comparions of Promethazine With Codeine (Vintage) - 10MG/5ML;6.25MG/5ML, Cephalexin (Ivax Pharms) - EQ 500MG BASE for a 20-year old man who has Stye
- Comparions of Cephalexin (Ivax Pharms) - EQ 500MG BASE, Trimethoprim (Teva) - 100MG for a 70-year old woman who has UTI
- Comparions of Buspirone Hydrochloride (Mylan) - 10MG, Acyclovir for a 47-year old woman who has Melanoma Of The Eye
- Comparions of Cephalexin (Barr) - EQ 500MG BASE, Diamox (Duramed Pharms Barr) - 500MG for a 33-year old woman who has Intracranial Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Cephalexin (Ivax Pharms) - EQ 500MG BASE, Prednisone (Roxane) - 20MG for a 46-year old man who has Throat - Sore
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Pepcid (Merck) - 20MG, Zoloft (Pfizer) - EQ 50MG BASE, Keflex (Lex Pharms) - EQ 500MG BASE, Ativan (Biovail) - 0.5MG for a 37-year old woman who has Anal Infection
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen (Mallinckrodt) - 500MG;5MG, Cephalexin, Zoloft for a 39-year old woman who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Valtrex (Glaxosmithkline) - EQ 1GM BASE, Cephalexin (Teva) - EQ 500MG BASE for a 59-year old woman who has Sinus Infection
- Comparions of Oxycontin (Purdue Pharma Lp) - 10MG, Lorazepam (Watson Labs) - 1MG, Acyclovir (Teva) - 400MG, Proair Hfa, Spiriva for a 73-year old man who has Asthma Late Onset
- Comparions of Duragesic-100 (Janssen Pharms) - 100MCG/HR, Keflex (Lex Pharms) - EQ 500MG BASE for a 36-year old man who has Anal Infection
- Comparions of Klonopin (Roche) - 0.5MG, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride (Osmotica Pharm) - EQ 225MG BASE, Acyclovir (Teva) - 200MG for a 61-year old woman who has Herpes Virus Infection
- Comparions of Psorcon (Sanofi Aventis Us) - 0.05%, Zovirax (Glaxosmithkline) - 5% for a 60-year old woman who has Herpes Viral Culture Of Lesion
- Comparions of Acyclovir, Levoxyl (King Pharms) - 0.025MG for a 60-year old man who has Herpes Simplex
- Comparions of Keflex, Cannabis for a 21-year old man who has Curious
- Comparions of Acyclovir (Lek Pharm) - 200MG, Levora 0.15/30-28 (Watson Labs) - 0.03MG;0.15MG for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Tegretol, Cephalexin for a 49-year old woman who has The Flu
- Comparions of Keflex (Victory Pharma) - EQ 500MG BASE, Buspar (Bristol Myers Squibb) - 30MG for a 59-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.