Cosopt vs Combigan, a side effect and effectiveness comparison for a male patient aged 44
This is personalized comparison of Cosopt vs Combigan for a male aged 44. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Cosopt (latest outcomes from 2,935 users) has active ingredients of dorzolamide hydrochloride; timolol maleate. It is often used in glaucoma.
Combigan (latest outcomes from 1,285 users) has active ingredients of brimonidine tartrate; timolol maleate. It is often used in glaucoma.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 32 male patients aged 39 who take the same drugs are studied in Cosopt vs Combigan
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Cosopt||dorzolamide hydrochloride; timolol maleate||not specified|
|Combigan||brimonidine tartrate; timolol maleate||not specified|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 39 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Hepatitis Fulminant (life-threatening condition defined by significantly impaired liver function)||Weight Decreased|
|Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min)||Peripheral Coldness|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)||Optic Nerve Disorder (disease of optic nerve)|
|Cytolytic Hepatitis (dissolution or destruction of a liver cell)||Angiopathy (generic term for a disease of the blood vessels)|
|Intraocular Pressure Increased||Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent|
|Hypoglycaemia Nos (deficiency of glucose in the bloodstream)|
|Jaundice (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes)|
|General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status)|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Glaucoma (22 drugs in 562 reports) (updated 4 days ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Cosopt (dorzolamide hydrochloride; timolol maleate) is often used to treat glaucoma. Combigan (brimonidine tartrate; timolol maleate) is often used to treat glaucoma. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Cosopt, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone for a 62-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Metformin, Brimonidine Tartrate; Timolol Maleate, Dorzolamide Hydrochloride, Lumigan for a 89-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Fluticasone Propionate, Dorzolamide Hydrochloride; Timolol Maleate for a 54-year old man who has Vitrectomy
- Comparions of Spironolactone, Furosemide, Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Dorzolamide Hydrochloride; Timolol Maleate, Namenda for a 76-year old man who has Cognitive Disorder
- Comparions of Bystolic, Vitamin D, Amlodipine Besylate, Combigan for a 80-year old man who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Bimatoprost, Latanoprost, Acetazolamide, Dorzolamide Hydrochloride; Timolol Maleate, Pilocarpine Hydrochloride for a 45-year old woman who has Ocular Hypertension
- Comparions of Flurbiprofen Sodium (Bausch And Lomb) - 0.03%, Combigan (Allergan) - 0.2%;0.5% for a 47-year old woman who has Cataract Operation
- Comparions of Atenolol (Ipr) - 50MG, Cosopt, Travatan Z, Brimonidine Tartrate (Alcon) - 0.2% for a 55-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Cosopt (Merck) - EQ 2% BASE;EQ 0.5% BASE, Combigan for a 62-year old man who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Combigan (Allergan) - 0.2%;0.5%, Lumigan for a 64-year old man who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Cosopt, Atenolol (Ipr) - 50MG for a 55-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Combigan (Allergan) - 0.2%;0.5%, Travatan (Alcon) - 0.004% for a 32-year old man who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Alphagan P, Cosopt for a 48-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Cosopt, Lumigan for a 48-year old man who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Combigan (Allergan) - 0.2%;0.5%, Xanax for a 73-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Cosopt (Merck) - EQ 2% BASE;EQ 0.5% BASE, Xalatan (Pharmacia And Upjohn) - 0.005% for a 81-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Xalatan (Pharmacia And Upjohn) - 0.005%, Dorzolamide Hydrochloride; Timolol Maleate (Apotex) - 2%(BASE); 0.5%(BASE) for a 80-year old man who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Diamox (Duramed Pharms Barr) - 250MG, Cosopt for a 49-year old man who has Retinal Detachment Repair
- Comparions of Xalatan, Alphagan, Cosopt for a 71-year old man who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Combigan (Allergan) - 0.2%;0.5%, Lumigan (Allergan) - 0.03%, Cefuroxime Axetil (Aurobindo Pharma Ltd) - EQ 250MG BASE, Azelastine Hydrochloride (Apotex Inc) - EQ 0.125MG BASE/SPRAY for a 42-year old woman who has Seasonal Allergy
- Comparions of Alphagan, Cosopt for a 69-year old man who has Open Angle Glaucoma
- Comparions of Synthroid (Abbott) - 0.088MG, Cosopt, Advair Diskus 100/50 (Glaxosmithkline) - 0.1MG/INH;EQ 0.05MG BASE/INH, Ramipril (Cipla) - 10MG, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride (Teva) - 60MG for a 65-year old man who has Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Travatan, Combigan for a 60-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Prialt, Methadone Hydrochloride (Mallinckrodt) - 40MG, Levoxyl (King Pharms) - 0.175MG, Combigan (Allergan) - 0.2%;0.5%, Fluconazole (Dr Reddys Labs Inc) - 150MG for a 53-year old woman who has Severe Intractable Pain
- Comparions of Combigan, Lumigan (Allergan) - 0.03% for a 89-year old man who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Celexa (Forest Labs) - EQ 20MG BASE, Combigan (Allergan) - 0.2%;0.5% for a 22-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Cosopt (Merck) - EQ 2% BASE;EQ 0.5% BASE, Travatan (Alcon) - 0.004% for a 46-year old man who has Eyes - Bulging
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.