Gabapentin vs Topiramate for a female patient aged 45
Summary: 10,905 female patients aged 45 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Gabapentin vs Topiramate for a female aged 45. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Gabapentin (latest outcomes from 39,674 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia.
Topiramate (latest outcomes from 8,402 users) has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine.
On Mar, 30, 2015: 10,905 female patients aged 40 who take the same drugs are studied in Gabapentin vs Topiramate
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
eHealthMe real world results:
For females aged 40 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Gabapentin (Actavis Elizabeth)||Topiramate (Roxane)|
|Drug Ineffective||Weight Decreased|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Gabapentin (Actavis Elizabeth)||Topiramate (Roxane)|
|Suicidal Ideation||Weight Gain|
|Road Traffic Accident||Somnolence|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Gabapentin for MS reported by 20 people (updated 10 hours ago)
- Ms (33 drugs in 879 reports) (updated 1 month ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Gabapentin (gabapentin) is often used to treat neuralgia. Topiramate (topiramate) is often used to treat migraine. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Gabapentin is used in:
- Topiramate is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Gabapentin alternatives:
- Topiramate alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Baclofen, Gabapentin, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman who has Back Pain - Low
- Comparions of Neurontin, Topamax, Lyrica, Lamictal for a 64-year old man who has Anticonvulsant Drug Level Abnormal
- Comparions of Ranitidine, Meloxicam, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Prozac for a 67-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Topiramate, Gabapentin, Qvar 40, Cymbalta, Digoxin for a 59-year old woman who has Irregular Heartbeat
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Simvastatin for a 81-year old woman who has Blood Cholesterol Decreased
- Comparions of Tylenol, Gabapentin for a 75-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Topamax, Zorvolex, Buspirone Hcl for a 50-year old man who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman who has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
- Comparions of Savella, Topamax, Lyrica for a 42-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Depakene, Topamax for a 5-year old boy who has Seizures
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Olmetec for a 72-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Lyrica, Gabapentin for a 39-year old man who has Neurofibromatosis
- Comparions of MSM, Neurontin, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 50-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Tegretol, Topamax for a 1-year old girl who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Elavil, Neurontin for a 51-year old woman who has Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Comparions of Neurontin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Atrophy
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lyrica, Gabapentin for a 59-year old man who has Restlessness
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 22-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of , Seroquel for a 59-year old woman who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Neurontin, Prozac, Latuda for a 14-year old girl who has Borderline Personality Disorder
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Seroquel, Dexedrine for a 21-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
- Comparions of Lamictal, Topiramate for a 61-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Neurontin, Lyrica for a 60-year old woman who has Shingles
- Comparions of Celexa, Phentermine Resin 30, Gabapentin for a 57-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 20, Ativan, Topamax for a 27-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Flexeril, Gabapentin, Naproxen for a 41-year old woman who has Herniated Discs And Degenerative Disc Disease With Arthritis . Also Bulging Discs
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 56-year old woman who has Arthritis Enteropathic
- Comparions of Virgin Coconut Oil, Neurontin for a 17-year old girl who has Leg Pain
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Gabapentin, Flexeril, Prozac for a 44-year old woman who has Menopausal Symptoms
- Comparions of Topamax, Inderal, Percocet, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 45-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Elavil, Topamax for a 51-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Xanax, Nuvigil, Adderall 30 for a 34-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Nardil for a 48-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Adderall, Abilify, Topamax, Sertraline, Prevacid for a 40-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Vitamin E, Warfarin Sodium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin for a 66-year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Lyrica for a 56-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Pregabalin, Gabapentin, Xanax Xr for a 39-year old man who has Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Lyrica, Vicodin, Effexor, Ultram for a 52-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Pravastatin Sodium, Cymbalta, Neurontin for a 72-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Clonidine, Topiramate, Focalin Xr for a 9-year old boy who has ADD
- Comparions of Vistaril, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Effexor Xr for a 50-year old woman who has Depression Anxiety
- Comparions of Rozerem, Topamax, Wellbutrin for a 43-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.