Lamictal vs Neurontin for a female patient aged 56
Summary: 14,295 female patients aged 56 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Lamictal vs Neurontin for a female aged 56. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Lamictal (latest outcomes from 40,698 users) has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Neurontin (latest outcomes from 57,802 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia.
On Mar, 26, 2015: 14,295 female patients aged 51 who take the same drugs are studied in Lamictal vs Neurontin
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
eHealthMe real world results:
For females aged 51 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Lamictal (Glaxosmithkline)||Neurontin (Pfizer Pharms)|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Lamictal (Glaxosmithkline)||Neurontin (Pfizer Pharms)|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Depression (166 drugs in 22,714 reports) (updated 13 hours ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Lamictal (lamotrigine) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Neurontin (gabapentin) is often used to treat neuralgia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lamictal is used in:
- Neurontin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Lamictal alternatives:
- Neurontin alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ranitidine, Meloxicam, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Prozac for a 67-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Topiramate, Gabapentin, Qvar 40, Cymbalta, Digoxin for a 59-year old woman who has Irregular Heartbeat
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Simvastatin for a 81-year old woman who has Blood Cholesterol Decreased
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Lamictal for a 48-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Tylenol, Gabapentin for a 75-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
- Comparions of Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Nexplanon, Adderall Xr 30 for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman who has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Lamotrigine for a 27-year old man who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lamictal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Lamictal, Provigil, Concerta for a 56-year old woman who has Narcolepsy
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Olmetec for a 72-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Lamotrigine for a 46-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Lithium Citrate, Lamictal for a 28-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Lyrica, Gabapentin for a 39-year old man who has Neurofibromatosis
- Comparions of MSM, Neurontin, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 50-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Depo-provera, Escitalopram, Lamotrigine for a 38-year old woman who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Cat's Claw, Lamictal for a 45-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Buspar, Lamictal for a 25-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Lamotrigine, Carbamazepine for a 69-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Lamictal, Plan B One-step for a 14-year old girl who has Pregnancy
- Comparions of Elavil, Neurontin for a 51-year old woman who has Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Comparions of Neurontin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Atrophy
- Comparions of Lamictal Xr, Xanax Xr for a 40-year old man who has Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lyrica, Gabapentin for a 59-year old man who has Restlessness
- Comparions of Lamictal, Keppra for a 57-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 22-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Lamictal, Magnesium Carbonate for a 46-year old man who has Focal Epilepsy
- Comparions of Neurontin, Prozac, Latuda for a 14-year old girl who has Borderline Personality Disorder
- Comparions of Abilify, Latuda, Lamictal for a 29-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
- Comparions of Lamictal, Topiramate for a 61-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Risperdal, Abilify, Lamictal, Latuda for a 39-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Lamictal, Carbatrol, Mysoline for a 32-year old woman who has Seizure
- Comparions of Depakote Er, Keppra, Lamictal for a 50-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Neurontin, Lyrica for a 60-year old woman who has Shingles
- Comparions of Celexa, Phentermine Resin 30, Gabapentin for a 57-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Lamotrigine, Clonazepam for a 53-year old woman who has Vertigo-associated Disorders
- Comparions of Lamictal, Remeron for a 19-year old girl who has Depression
- Comparions of Sertraline, Lamictal for a 29-year old woman who has Seizures
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.