Methylprednisolone vs Prednisone for a male patient aged 50
Summary: 5,919 male patients aged 50 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Methylprednisolone vs Prednisone for a male aged 50. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Methylprednisolone (latest outcomes from 5,885 users) has active ingredients of methylprednisolone. It is often used in inflammation.
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 150,152 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
On Apr, 27, 2015: 5,919 male patients aged 44 who take the same drugs are studied in Methylprednisolone vs Prednisone
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 44 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Methylprednisolone (Cadista Pharms)||Prednisone (Am Therap)|
|Blood Creatinine Increased||Nausea|
|Condition Aggravated||Drug Ineffective|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Methylprednisolone (Cadista Pharms)||Prednisone (Am Therap)|
|Bursitis Infective||Cytomegalovirus Infection|
|Aseptic Necrosis Bone|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Methylprednisolone (methylprednisolone) is often used to treat inflammation. Prednisone (prednisone) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Methylprednisolone is used in:
- Prednisone is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Methylprednisolone alternatives:
- Prednisone alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Advil Congestion Relief, Prednisone for a 37-year old woman who has Rhinitis
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Prednisone for a 72-year old man who has Dry Eyes
- Comparions of Prednisone, Armour Thyroid, Lisinopril, Glipizide, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a 64-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control
- Comparions of Prednisone, Lisinopril, Levaquin for a 68-year old woman who has Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Comparions of Viagra, Prednisone for a 53-year old man who has Infection - Inner Ear
- Comparions of Celebrex, Prednisone for a 54-year old woman who has Calcification
- Comparions of Prednisone, Meloxicam for a 54-year old woman who has Bursitis
- Comparions of Prednisone, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 64-year old man who has Tenosynovitis
- Comparions of Evista, Prednisone, Atacand for a 80-year old woman who has Osteoporosis Postmenopausal
- Comparions of Symbicort, Doxycycline, Dapsone, Prednisone for a 57-year old man who has Bullous Pemphigoid
- Comparions of Hydrocortisone, Prednisone for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Methylprednisolone, Xarelto for a 60-year old man who has Factor V Leiden Mutation
- Comparions of Digoxin, Medrol for a 75-year old man who has PAD
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omeprazole, Linzess, Ambien for a 22-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Cefdinir, Prednisone for a 50-year old woman who has Cefdinir
- Comparions of Prednisone, Tamiflu for a 9-year old boy who has Jet Lag Prevention
- Comparions of Prednisone, Uceris for a 61-year old woman who has Crohn's Disease
- Comparions of Lyrica, PREDNISONE for a 59-year old woman who has Nerve Compression
- Comparions of Tacrolimus, Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim Single Strength, Prednisone, Myfortic for a 66-year old man who has Benylin
- Comparions of Lamotrigine, Prednisone for a 43-year old man who has Shortness Of Breath
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omnicef for a 9-year old girl who has Mononucleosis Syndrome
- Comparions of Benicar, Warfarin Sodium, Metformin, Prednisone, Zytiga for a 80-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Lumigan, Alphagan, Prednisone, Methotrexate, Diamox for a 24-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Methylprednisolone, Augmentin '500' for a 25-year old woman who has Sinusitis
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Prednisone, Revlimid for a 85-year old man who has Myeloma - Multiple
- Comparions of Labetalol Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Cyclosporine for a 52-year old man who has Milk Thistle
- Comparions of Benadryl, Methylprednisolone for a 35-year old man who has Rash Generalised
- Comparions of Prednisone, Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Coumadin for a 87-year old man who has Benzonatate
- Comparions of Tagamet, Prednisone, Cellcept, Prograf for a 62-year old man who has Kidney Transplant Rejection
- Comparions of Cannabis, Methylprednisolone for a 25-year old man who has Inflammation
- Comparions of Baclofen, Prednisone for a 65-year old woman who has Temporal Arteritis
- Comparions of Mobic, Diovan Hct, Prednisone, Sulfadiazine for a 67-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Medrol, Multaq for a 76-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Prednisone, Myfortic, Prograf for a 63-year old man who has Gogu
- Comparions of Plant Estrogen, Prednisone for a 49-year old woman who has Allergies
- Comparions of Prednisone, Atripla for a 51-year old man who has Hiv Infection Cdc Category B3
- Comparions of Prednisone, Pradaxa for a 73-year old woman who has To Keep From Getting Blood Clots And Arthritis
- Comparions of Methylprednisolone, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Humira, Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Prednisone, Kaletra for a 43-year old man who has Transplant
- Comparions of Methadone Hydrochloride, Prednisone, Lyrica for a 45-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Testim, Uloric, Prednisone for a 59-year old man who has Gout
- Comparions of Tacrolimus, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Cyclosporine for a 27-year old woman who has Heart Transplant Rejection
- Comparions of SAM-e, Methylprednisolone for a 58-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain
- Comparions of MethylPrednisolone, Advil for a 29-year old man who has Common Cold
- Comparions of Medrol, Furosemide, Doxorubicin Hydrochloride, Meropenem, Vincristine Sulfate for a 38-year old man who has Leukaemia
- Comparions of Ambien, Methylprednisolone for a 56-year old woman who has Low Back Pain
- Comparions of Methylprednisolone, Azithromycin for a 20-year old woman who has Ear Infection
- Comparions of Relafen, Methylprednisolone for a 72-year old woman who has Inflammation
- Comparions of Hydrocortisone, Methylprednisolone for a 42-year old woman who has Rash
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.