Nortriptyline Hydrochloride - EQ 50MG BASE vs Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a male patient aged 36
Summary: 1,119 male patients aged 36 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride - EQ 50MG BASE vs Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a male aged 36. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Nortriptyline hydrochloride - eq 50mg base (latest outcomes) has active ingredients of nortriptyline hydrochloride.
Amitriptyline hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 7,179 users) has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine.
On Feb, 24, 2015: 1,119 male patients aged 31 who take the same drugs are studied in Nortriptyline Hydrochloride - EQ 50MG BASE vs Amitriptyline Hydrochloride
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Nortriptyline Hydrochloride - EQ 50MG BASE||nortriptyline hydrochloride||not specified|
|Amitriptyline Hydrochloride||amitriptyline hydrochloride||Vintage Pharms|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 31 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Nortriptyline Hydrochloride - EQ 50MG BASE||Amitriptyline Hydrochloride (Vintage Pharms)|
|Hypoaesthesia||Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)|
|Urinary Incontinence||Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation)|
|Weight Decreased||Drug Dependence|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Nortriptyline Hydrochloride - EQ 50MG BASE||Amitriptyline Hydrochloride (Vintage Pharms)|
|Headache (pain in head)|
|Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful)|
|Rectal Bleeding (bleeding from rectum)|
|Stevens-johnson Syndrome (an immune-complex-mediated hypersensitivity disorder. it ranges from mild skin and mucous membrane lesions to a severe)|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)|
|Shoulder Blade Pain|
|Ataxia (loss of full control of bodily movements)|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
|Nortriptyline Hydrochloride - EQ 50MG BASE||6.67%||46.67%||40.00%||6.67%||0.00%|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for IBS reported by 27 people (updated 2 days ago)
- Ibs (50 drugs in 670 reports) (updated 4 days ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride (amitriptyline hydrochloride) is often used to treat migraine. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Amitriptyline hydrochloride alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Clomipramine Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Effexor, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
- Comparions of Levofloxacin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 30-year old man who has UTI And Migraine
- Comparions of Quinine, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 44-year old man who has Heslth
- Comparions of Elavil, Neurontin for a 51-year old woman who has Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Comparions of Clomipramine Hydrochloride, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 45-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 27-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Lyrica, Promethazine, Diazepam, , Subutex for a 29-year old woman who has Syringomyelia
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica, Lorazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycontin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Nuropathy, Major Depressive Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Reflective Sympathetic Dystophy
- Comparions of Lyrica, Lamictal, Seroquel Xr, Effexor Xr, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 34-year old woman who has Back Pain
- Comparions of Flexeril, , Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 29-year old woman who has Celiac Disease - Sprue
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Nortriptyline
- Comparions of Topamax, Inderal, Percocet, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 45-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Elavil, Topamax for a 51-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Verapamil Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Plan B One-step for a 45-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Cannabis, Elavil for a 28-year old man who has Migraine Without Aura
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 37-year old man who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Imipramine Hydrochloride for a 24-year old man who has Panic Disorder
- Comparions of Pamelor, Gleevec for a 53-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Lasix, Endep for a 56-year old woman who has Fluid Retention
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Elavil for a 54-year old woman who has Migraine Hemiplegic
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Amoxapine, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Imipramine Hydrochloride for a 32-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Savella, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 54-year old woman who has Depression Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Norco, Xanax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Paxil
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Depakote for a 31-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Wellbutrin Sr, Seroquel, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 53-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Abilify, Elavil, Klonopin, Lexapro for a 37-year old woman who has Panic Attacks
- Comparions of Methocarbamol, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 77-year old man who has Facial Pain
- Comparions of Lyrica, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Shingles
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Zopiclone for a 51-year old man who has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type
- Comparions of Atacand, Endep, Tenormin for a 68-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Cellcept, Elavil for a 51-year old woman who has Transplant
- Comparions of Neurontin, Pamelor for a 16-year old boy who has Post-traumatic Headache
- Comparions of Livalo, Fluoxetine, Metaxalone, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 63-year old man who has Cholesterosis
- Comparions of Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Escitalopram Oxalate, Botox Cosmetic for a 41-year old woman who has Major Depressive Disorder
- Comparions of Furosemide, Gabapentin, Plaquenil, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Nexium for a 53-year old woman who has Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Ezetimibe; Simvastatin, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate for a 72-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Plaquenil, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 64-year old woman who has Scleroderma
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 51-year old man who has Post-traumatic Syndrome
- Comparions of Elavil, Latuda for a 49-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Avapro, Endep for a 45-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Zyprexa for a 57-year old woman who has Depression Suicidal
- Comparions of Valium, Elavil for a 44-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Metformin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 78-year old woman who has Diabetic & Sleeping
- Comparions of Zoloft, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Anafranil for a 47-year old man who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Endep, Zoloft for a 40-year old woman who has Pain In Jaw
- Comparions of Lortab, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Comparions of Bystolic, Ranexa, Donepezil, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Anturol for a 84-year old woman who has Bladder Issues
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.