Paxil vs Remeron for a male patient aged 50
Summary: 5,821 male patients aged 50 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Paxil vs Remeron for a male aged 50. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Paxil (latest outcomes from 70,317 users) has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Remeron (latest outcomes from 12,856 users) has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression.
On Apr, 1, 2015: 5,821 male patients aged 44 who take the same drugs are studied in Paxil vs Remeron
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Remeron||mirtazapine||Organon Usa Inc|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 44 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Paxil (Glaxosmithkline)||Remeron (Organon Usa Inc)|
|Drug Withdrawal Syndrome||Depression|
|Insomnia||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus|
|Suicidal Ideation||Completed Suicide|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Paxil for Obsessive-compulsive Disorder reported by 43 people (updated 1 day ago)
- Obsessive-compulsive Disorder (37 drugs in 812 reports) (updated 3 weeks ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Paxil (paroxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Remeron (mirtazapine) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Paxil is used in:
- Remeron is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Paxil alternatives:
- Remeron alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Paxil, Oxycodone for a 59-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Norfloxacin, Paxil for a 33-year old woman who has Antidepressant Therapy
- Comparions of Brintellix, Remeron, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro, Paxil for a 40-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of REMERON, CELEXA, LEXAPRO for a 49-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Travatan Z, Paxil for a 48-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Remeron, Vistaril, Methadone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl-100 for a 29-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Librium, Paxil for a 56-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Escitalopram, Paxil for a 54-year old man who has GAD
- Comparions of Luvox, Paxil for a 30-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Paxil, Zoloft for a 34-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Paxil, Concerta for a 20-year old man who has Doctors
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Paxil for a 41-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Paxil, Megace for a 34-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Fentanyl-75 for a 62-year old woman who has Generalised Torsion Dystonia Pain Relief
- Comparions of Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Mirtazapine, Sertraline for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Panic Attacks, Anxiety,
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Buspar, Celexa, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Brisdelle, Paxil for a 67-year old woman who has Hot Flashes
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Paxil, Mucinex Dm for a 45-year old woman who has Chest Discomfort
- Comparions of Paxil, Cymbalta for a 27-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Diclofenac Sodium, Remeron for a 42-year old man who has Osteoarthritis
- Comparions of Pantoprazole Sodium, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 48-year old man who has Dariusz
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Escitalopram for a 74-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Amlodipine, Candesartan Cilexetil, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 56-year old man who has Heart Failure
- Comparions of Lamictal, Remeron for a 19-year old girl who has Depression
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Alprazolam, Sertraline, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Panic Attack
- Comparions of Remeron, Celexa for a 47-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Paxil Cr, Norvasc for a 58-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 20, Remeron, Prempro for a 46-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Prozac, Klonopin, Remeron for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Gleevec for a 75-year old man who has Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML)
- Comparions of Lexapro, Zoloft, Paxil, Pristiq, Buspar for a 36-year old woman who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Abilify, Trazodone Hydrochloride, PAXIL, Effexor for a 22-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Lexapro, Paxil, Zoloft for a 54-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Paxil, Xanax, Prozac for a 76-year old man who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Paxil, Lexapro, Prozac for a 29-year old woman who has Panic Disorder
- Comparions of Tofranil, Remeron for a 25-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Lithium Carbonate, Paxil, Remeron for a 57-year old woman who has Unipolar Depression
- Comparions of Prozac, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Adderall, Paxil for a 28-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Paxil, Cymbalta for a 37-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Amoxapine, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Imipramine Hydrochloride for a 32-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Paxil for a 48-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Paxil, Levophed for a 80-year old woman who has Low Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Ambien, Norco, Xanax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Paxil
- Comparions of Paxil, Sertraline for a 22-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Lexapro, Paxil for a 39-year old man who has Nicolar
- Comparions of Linzess, Paxil for a 58-year old man who has Constipation
- Comparions of Pristiq, Paxil for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Remeron, Concerta for a 26-year old man who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.