Seroquel vs Haldol for a male patient aged 50
Summary: 4,544 male patients aged 50 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Seroquel vs Haldol for a male aged 50. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Seroquel (latest outcomes from 79,156 users) has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Haldol (latest outcomes from 9,645 users) has active ingredients of haloperidol decanoate. It is often used in schizophrenia.
On Mar, 26, 2015: 4,544 male patients aged 45 who take the same drugs are studied in Seroquel vs Haldol
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
|Male||45||Bipolar I Disorder|
Drugs to compare:
|Haldol||haloperidol decanoate||Ortho Mcneil Janssen|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 45 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Seroquel (Astrazeneca)||Haldol (Ortho Mcneil Janssen)|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus|
|Blood Cholesterol Increased|
|Blood Triglycerides Increased|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Seroquel for Bipolar I Disorder reported by 188 people (updated 11 hours ago)
- Haldol for Bipolar I Disorder reported by 7 people (updated 4 days ago)
- Bipolar I Disorder (64 drugs in 1,839 reports) (updated 2 days ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Seroquel (quetiapine fumarate) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Haldol (haloperidol decanoate) is often used to treat schizophrenia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Seroquel is used in:
- Haldol is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Seroquel alternatives:
- Haldol alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Seroquel, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Marijuana for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
- Comparions of Lyrica, Seroquel, Paxil, Cymbalta for a 30-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 22-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of , Seroquel for a 59-year old woman who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Seroquel, Dexedrine for a 21-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel for a 48-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Clonazepam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Sertraline for a 50-year old woman who has BPD
- Comparions of Seroquel, Abilify for a 58-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica, Lorazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycontin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Nuropathy, Major Depressive Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Reflective Sympathetic Dystophy
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Seroquel for a 44-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Abilify, Seroquel for a 53-year old man who has Psychosis
- Comparions of Lyrica, Lamictal, Seroquel Xr, Effexor Xr, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 34-year old woman who has Back Pain
- Comparions of Clozaril, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Abilify, Risperidone for a 44-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Ziprasidone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate for a 61-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Wellbutrin, Hydroxyzine, Adderall 20, Seroquel for a 30-year old woman who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Sertraline, Quetiapine Fumarate for a 72-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Oxazepam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica for a 86-year old woman who has Neuropathy
- Comparions of Risperdal, Geodon, Zyprexa, Seroquel, Abilify for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Latuda, Seroquel, Geodon for a 30-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Valproic Acid for a 28-year old man who has Hypomania
- Comparions of Depakote, Seroquel XR for a 49-year old man who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Clonidine, Seroquel Xr, Wellbutrin, Effexor Xr, Strattera for a 25-year old woman who has Borderline Personality Disorder
- Comparions of Haldol, Celexa, Seroquel Xr, Saphris for a 36-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Wellbutrin Sr, Seroquel, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 53-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Lamictal, Klonopin, Prozac for a 37-year old woman who has Panic Attacks
- Comparions of Pristiq, Seroquel Xr for a 43-year old woman who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Ziprasidone Hydrochloride, Lamotrigine, Quetiapine Fumarate, Pristiq, Fluoxetine for a 24-year old woman who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Zyprexa for a 35-year old man who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Haldol (Ortho Mcneil Janssen) - EQ 50MG BASE/ML, Invega (Janssen Lp) - 9MG for a 37-year old man who has F.20.3
- Comparions of Risperdal Consta, Haldol (Ortho Mcneil Janssen) - EQ 50MG BASE/ML for a 45-year old man who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Haldol (Ortho Mcneil Janssen) - EQ 100MG BASE/ML, Aricept for a 85-year old woman who has Alzaheimer Disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.