Topamax vs Depakote for a female patient aged 52
Summary: 6,798 female patients aged 52 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Topamax vs Depakote for a female aged 52. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Topamax (latest outcomes from 24,636 users) has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine.
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,959 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
What is the symptom
Long-term memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,451 Long-term memory loss patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 6,798 female patients aged 47 who take the same drugs are studied in Topamax vs Depakote
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Topamax||topiramate||Ortho Mcneil Janssen|
eHealthMe real world results:
For females aged 47 (±5):
Comparison with the specified adverse outcomes:
(outcome and its % of total reports)
|Topamax (Ortho Mcneil Janssen)||Depakote (Abbott)|
|Long-term Memory Loss||3.50%||2.75%|
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Topamax (Ortho Mcneil Janssen)||Depakote (Abbott)|
|Fatigue||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Migraine (130 drugs in 3,907 reports) (updated 5 hours ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Topamax (topiramate) is often used to treat migraine. Depakote (divalproex sodium) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Topamax is used in:
- Depakote is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Topamax alternatives:
- Depakote alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Topiramate, Gabapentin, Qvar 40, Cymbalta, Digoxin for a 59-year old woman who has Irregular Heartbeat
- Comparions of ESCITALOPRAM OXALATE, MELOXICAM, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, DIVALPROEX, METHOCARBAMOL for a 33-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Olanzapine, Depakote Er for a 22-year old man who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lamictal, Latuda for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Topamax, Zorvolex, Buspirone Hcl for a 50-year old man who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Levetiracetam, Epival for a 26-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Vimpat, Depakote Er for a 36-year old woman who has Partial Seizures With Secondary Generalisation
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
- Comparions of Savella, Topamax, Lyrica for a 42-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Tamoxifen Citrate, Depakote Er for a 56-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Depakene, Topamax for a 5-year old boy who has Seizures
- Comparions of Clomipramine Hydrochloride, Depakote for a 55-year old woman who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Tegretol, Topamax for a 1-year old girl who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Keppra, Depakote, Mysoline for a 56-year old man who has Focal Epilepsy
- Comparions of , Seroquel for a 59-year old woman who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Seroquel, Dexedrine for a 21-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Lamictal, Topiramate for a 61-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Depakote Er, Keppra, Lamictal for a 50-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 20, Ativan, Topamax for a 27-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Divalproex for a 35-year old man who has Seizures
- Comparions of Topamax, Inderal, Percocet, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 45-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Elavil, Topamax for a 51-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Xanax, Nuvigil, Adderall 30 for a 34-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Depakote Er, Viagra for a 63-year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction
- Comparions of Adderall, Abilify, Topamax, Sertraline, Prevacid for a 40-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Amphetamine Salt Combo, Escitalopram, Lamotrigine, Depakote for a 61-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Clonidine, Topiramate, Focalin Xr for a 9-year old boy who has ADD
- Comparions of Rozerem, Topamax, Wellbutrin for a 43-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Topamax, Dilantin-125 for a 42-year old woman who has Neuropathy
- Comparions of Escitalopram, Pancreatin, Topamax, Glucophage for a 42-year old woman who has Sebnem Senkul
- Comparions of Depakote, Seroquel XR for a 49-year old man who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Depakote for a 31-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Depakote, ONFI, Zonisamide, Lamictal, Ethosuximide for a 10-year old girl who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Depakote, Topamax, Bladderwrack, Risperdal for a 32-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Topamax, Aloe Vera for a 46-year old woman who has Menopause
- Comparions of Propranolol Hydrochloride, Divalproex for a 23-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Nicotine, Nadolol, Concerta, Imitrex, Topamax for a 20-year old man who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Clonazepam, Topamax for a 76-year old man who has Slvohol
- Comparions of Benicar, Topamax Sprinkle for a 62-year old woman who has Yeast Infection - Vagina
- Comparions of Topamax, Tegretol-xr, Gabitril for a 44-year old woman who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Vicodin, Klonopin, Zoloft, Depakote for a 41-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Phentermine, Belviq, Topamax for a 45-year old woman who has Weight Loss - Intentional
- Comparions of Topamax, Insulin, Cinnamon, Metformin for a 43-year old woman who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Tramadol Hydrochloride, Topamax, Klonopin, Lamictal Xr for a 49-year old woman who has Seizures
- Comparions of Vimpat, Topiramate for a 58-year old woman who has Seizure Disorder
- Comparions of Phentermine, Topamax, Depo-provera for a 33-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Thiamine, Topiramate, Phentermine for a 31-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Tramadol, Dilantin, Valium, Depakote Cp for a 52-year old man who has Epilepsy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.