Tylenol vs Metformin Hydrochloride for a male patient aged 78
Summary: 15,981 male patients aged 78 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Tylenol vs Metformin Hydrochloride for a male aged 78. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Tylenol (latest outcomes from 55,639 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is often used in pain.
Metformin hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 14,614 users) has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes.
On Mar, 28, 2015: 15,983 male patients aged 72 who take the same drugs are studied in Tylenol vs Metformin Hydrochloride
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Metformin Hydrochloride||metformin hydrochloride||not specified|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 72 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Metformin Hydrochloride for Diabetes reported by 1,061 people (updated 10 hours ago)
- Diabetes (71 drugs in 3,183 reports) (updated 1 day ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Tylenol (acetaminophen) is often used to treat pain. Metformin Hydrochloride (metformin hydrochloride) is often used to treat diabetes. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Tylenol is used in:
- Metformin hydrochloride is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Tylenol alternatives:
- Metformin hydrochloride alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Voltaren, Tylenol for a 94-year old woman who has Back Pain
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Armour Thyroid, Metformin, Glipizide, Prednisone for a 64-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Metformin for a 58-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Moexipril Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Interactions
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman who has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Comparions of Metformin, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar for a 50-year old woman who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Aleve, Zorvolex, Tylenol for a 67-year old man who has Back Pain
- Comparions of Acephen, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Lisinopril for a 60-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Actos, Metformin, Onglyza for a 24-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Glipizide for a 44-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes
- Comparions of Lexapro, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Metformin, Garcinia Cambogia for a 60-year old woman who has Tramadol
- Comparions of Metformin, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 56-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Metformin, Lisinopril for a 61-year old woman who has Atorvastatin Calcium
- Comparions of Metformin, Glipizide for a 70-year old woman who has Diabetic Coma
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Glyburide for a 60-year old woman who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Gliclazide, Metformin for a 77-year old woman who has Diabetic Coma
- Comparions of Aspirin, Tylenol, Aleve for a 67-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Acetaminophen, Metformin, Aspirin for a 69-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Zetia, Onglyza for a 74-year old man who has Low Blood Sugar
- Comparions of Metformin, Warfarin Sodium, Wellbutrin Xl, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 51-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrochlorothiazide, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Metformin, Wellbutrin for a 60-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Paracetamol for a 41-year old man who has Diarrhoea
- Comparions of Acetaminophen, Concerta for a 5-year old girl who has ADHD
- Comparions of Tylenol, Ramipril for a 67-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Benicar, Warfarin Sodium, Metformin, Prednisone, Zytiga for a 80-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Tylenol, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 83-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Metformin for a 20-year old woman who has Age And Weight Loss
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Lisinopril, Metformin, Glipizide for a 44-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Atenolol, Ramipril, Pravastatin Sodium, Celebrex, Acetaminophen for a 69-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Niacin, Metformin, Lidoderm for a 64-year old man who has Medical
- Comparions of Chantix, Metformin, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac for a 52-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Tylenol, Carisoprodol for a 34-year old woman who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Escitalopram, Pancreatin, Topamax, Glucophage for a 42-year old woman who has Sebnem Senkul
- Comparions of Paracetamol, Aspirin for a 23-year old man who has Headache
- Comparions of Tylenol, Tramadol for a 67-year old man who has Knee Pain
- Comparions of Metformin, Ceftazidime, Furosemide, Colchicine, Gliclazide for a 57-year old man who has Parapneumonic Pulmonary Effusion
- Comparions of Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Acetaminophen, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 76-year old woman who has Depression And Pain
- Comparions of Doxycycline, Metformin for a 46-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Gliclazide, Clopidogrel, Losartan Potassium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Diabetics & Hypertension
- Comparions of Metformin, Lexapro, Enalapril Maleate, Aldactone, Toprol-xl for a 75-year old woman who has Heart Rate Increased
- Comparions of Paracetamol, Ibuprofen for a 30-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Tylenol, Ibuprofen for a 72-year old man who has Tension Headache
- Comparions of Losartan, Metformin for a 36-year old man who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Metformin, Lisinopril for a 28-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Glimepiride, Metformin, Donepezil, Citalopram Hydrobromide, for a 72-year old man who has Frontal Lobe Dementia
- Comparions of Metformin, Latuda, Lithium Citrate for a 13-year old girl who has Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Comparions of Paracetamol, Ibuprofen for a 27-year old man who has Toothache
- Comparions of Baby Aspirin, Metformin, Synthroid, Hydrochlorothiazide, for a 89-year old woman who has Hypertension - Essential
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.