Zithromax vs Terramycin for a male patient aged 46
Summary: 1,588 male patients aged 46 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized comparison of Zithromax vs Terramycin for a male aged 46. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
Personalized health information: on eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA and social media since 1977. Our tools are free and anonymous. 66 million people have used us. 200+ peer-reviewed medical journals have referenced our original studies. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Zithromax (latest outcomes from 21,405 users) has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Terramycin (latest outcomes from 41 users) has active ingredients of oxytetracycline.
On Apr, 30, 2015: 1,588 male patients aged 40 who take the same drugs are studied in Zithromax vs Terramycin
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 40 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Zithromax (Pfizer)||Terramycin (Pfizer)|
|Condition Aggravated||Pancreatitis Acute|
|Weight Decreased||Blood Amylase Increased|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Zithromax (Pfizer)||Terramycin (Pfizer)|
|Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome|
|Renal Failure Acute|
|Pneumocystis Carinii Pneumonia|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Productive Cough (4 drugs in 24 reports) (updated 5 months ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Zithromax (azithromycin) is often used to treat sinusitis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Zithromax alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Echinacea, Azithromycin for a 31-year old man who has Bacterial Infection
- Comparions of Zithromax, Bactrim for a 40-year old woman who has Chlamydia
- Comparions of Augmentin, Azithromycin for a 7-year old girl who has Pneumonia Bacterial
- Comparions of Omnicef, Azithromycin, Levaquin for a 76-year old woman who has Pneumonia Parainfluenzae Viral
- Comparions of Cefprozil, Azithromycin for a 53-year old woman who has Bronchial Infection
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo for a 20-year old woman who has Azithromycin
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Rocephin for a 34-year old woman who has Suspected Std
- Comparions of Bactrim, Zithromax for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Azithromycin for a 68-year old woman who has Bacterial Infection
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Bromhexine Hydrochloride for a 57-year old man who has Parapneumonic Pulmonary Effusion
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Bactrim for a 43-year old woman who has Acne
- Comparions of Minocycline Hydrochloride, Tetracycline Hydrochloride for a 64-year old man who has Adult Acne
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Levofloxacin for a 53-year old man who has Haemophilus Infection
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Levofloxacin for a 57-year old man who has Bartonellosis
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Gentamicin Sulfate for a 28-year old man who has Infection - Kidney
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Advil Allergy Sinus, Benzonatate for a 13-year old boy who has Exercise - Colds And Flu
- Comparions of Ceftriaxone, Azithromycin for a 56-year old man who has Chlamydia
- Comparions of Tetracycline Hydrochloride, Sotret for a 17-year old girl who has Acne
- Comparions of Metoprolol Tartrate, Plavix, Tekturna, Zithromax, Crestor for a 80-year old woman who has Heart MRI
- Comparions of Methylprednisolone, Azithromycin for a 20-year old woman who has Ear Infection
- Comparions of Folic Acid, Azithromycin, Vivelle-dot, Prometrium for a 39-year old woman who has Infertility Female
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Suprax for a 33-year old man who has Respiratory Tract Infection
- Comparions of Ampicillin And Sulbactam, Azithromycin for a 24-year old man who has Influenza
- Comparions of Advil, Benzonatate, Azithromycin for a 23-year old man who has Bronchitis Acute
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Prednisone, Chlor-trimeton for a 68-year old woman who has Sinus Congestion
- Comparions of Neupro, Azithromycin for a 76-year old woman who has Restless Legss And Nontuberculous Mycobacteria
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Ibuprofen, Azithromycin for a 48-year old woman who has Middle Ear Infection - Chronic
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Cefpodoxime Proxetil for a 18-year old girl who has Pharyngitis
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 36-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Zithromax, Tamiflu for a 40-year old man who has Cough
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman who has Pneumonia
- Comparions of Pantoprazole, Azithromycin for a 52-year old man who has Sinus Infection
- Comparions of Zoloft, Azithromycin for a 29-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Msm, Tetracycline Hydrochloride for a 50-year old woman who has Angina
- Comparions of Cephalexin (Ceph Intl) - EQ 500MG BASE, Zithromax (Pfizer) - EQ 500MG BASE for a 64-year old man who has Infection - Inner Ear
- Comparions of Fluticasone Propionate, Zithromax (Pfizer) - EQ 500MG BASE for a 63-year old woman who has Infection - Inner Ear
- Comparions of Azithromycin (Teva) - EQ 250MG BASE, Metoprolol Succinate (Nesher Pharms) - EQ 25MG TARTRATE for a 32-year old woman who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Alcohol, Azithromycin (Pliva) - EQ 250MG BASE for a 21-year old man who has Bacterial Infection
- Comparions of Azasite (Inspire) - 1%, for a 66-year old man who has Aortic Valve Replacement
- Comparions of Azithromycin (Pliva) - EQ 250MG BASE, Levothyroxine Sodium (Mylan) - 0.1MG for a 51-year old woman who has Hyperthyroidism
- Comparions of Doxycycline Hyclate (Watson Labs) - EQ 100MG BASE, Flagyl, Azithromycin (Teva Parenteral) - EQ 500MG BASE/VIAL for a 35-year old woman who has Bv, Glanular Infect, WBC On Cervix
- Comparions of Ibuprofen (Banner Pharmacaps) - 200MG, Prednisone (Roxane) - 20MG, Albuterol Sulfate (Pliva) - EQ 2MG BASE, Zithromax for a 36-year old woman who has Bronchitis Acute
- Comparions of Coumadin, Terramycin - 250MG for a 61-year old woman who has Diet - Heart Disease
- Comparions of Lithium Carbonate, Terramycin - 250MG for a 24-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.