amoxicillin vs flagyl for a female patient aged 83
Summary: 2,309 female patients aged 83 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of amoxicillin vs flagyl for a female aged 83. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Amoxicillin (latest outcomes from 24,194 users) has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection.
Flagyl (latest outcomes from 10,489 users) has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial.
On Apr, 16, 2015: 2,309 female patients aged 77 who take the same drugs are studied in amoxicillin vs flagyl
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
eHealthMe real world results:
For females aged 77 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Large Intestine Perforation|
|Adverse Drug Reaction|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Amoxicillin for Tooth Infection reported by 76 people (updated 10 hours ago)
- Flagyl for Tooth Infection reported by 3 people (updated 5 days ago)
- Tooth Infection (26 drugs in 258 reports) (updated 2 weeks ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Amoxicillin (amoxicillin) is often used to treat infection. Flagyl (metronidazole) is often used to treat vaginitis bacterial. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Amoxicillin is used in:
- Flagyl is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Amoxicillin alternatives:
- Flagyl alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Cefaclor, Metronidazole, Doxycycline, Codeine, Ferrous Fumarate for a 46-year old woman who has Tubo-ovarian Abscess
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Penicillin for a 34-year old woman who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Histamine Phosphate, Artemisia, Kali Bichromicum, Chamomilla, Amoxicillin for a 6-year old boy who has Infection
- Comparions of Metronidazole, Mobic for a 62-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised
- Comparions of Hydroxyurea, Metronidazole for a 36-year old man who has Leukemia
- Comparions of Danazol, Flagyl for a 68-year old woman who has Postoperative Adhesion
- Comparions of Simponi, Amoxicillin for a 62-year old man who has Rash Generalised
- Comparions of Flexeril, Metronidazole for a 28-year old woman who has Vaginitis Bacterial
- Comparions of Uloric, Amoxicillin for a 68-year old man who has Sinusitis
- Comparions of Lactulose, Amoxicillin Pediatric for a 39-year old woman who has Constipation
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
- Comparions of Metronidazole, Doxycycline for a 44-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Casodex, Lupron Depot for a 66-year old man who has Cancer - Prostate
- Comparions of Acetylcysteine, Amoxicillin for a 66-year old man who has Pulmonary Interstitial Emphysema Syndrome
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Azithromycin for a 68-year old woman who has Bacterial Infection
- Comparions of Probiotics, Metronidazole for a 26-year old woman who has Traveler's Diarrhea - E. Coli
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, E-mycin for a 51-year old man who has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Junel Fe 1/20 for a 42-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Ciprofloxacin for a 79-year old woman who has Burning Sensation
- Comparions of Benzonatate, Amoxicillin for a 67-year old woman who has Cold Symptoms
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Levofloxacin for a 46-year old man who has Gastritis Bacterial
- Comparions of Adipex-p, Flagyl for a 44-year old woman who has Vaginitis Bacterial
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Vyvanse for a 22-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Phentermine, Amphotericin B, Metronidazole, Azathioprine, Pentasa for a 19-year old girl who has Crohn's Disease
- Comparions of Miconazole Nitrate, Vandazole for a 20-year old woman who has Alcohol Use
- Comparions of Montelukast Sodium, Amoxicillin for a 30-year old man who has Allergy
- Comparions of Unisom, Metronidazole for a 25-year old woman who has Vaginitis Bacterial
- Comparions of Flagyl, Augmentin '875' for a 52-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Losartan, Amoxicillin for a 55-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Mesalamine, Flagyl for a 47-year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis
- Comparions of Differin, Metrogel for a 52-year old woman who has Rash
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride for a 41-year old man who has Diabetic Foot Infection
- Comparions of Dicloxacillin Sodium, Metronidazole for a 82-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Echinacea, Metronidazole for a 69-year old woman who has Hemorrhoidectomy
- Comparions of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim, Amoxicillin for a 20-year old man who has Abscess Drainage
- Comparions of Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Metronidazole for a 44-year old man who has Abdominal Pain Diagnosis
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Methotrexate for a 65-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Minocycline Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Bronchitis Bacterial
- Comparions of Flagyl, Cipro, Amrix for a 62-year old woman who has Perforation Of The Intestines
- Comparions of Doxycycline, Amoxicillin, Flagyl for a 34-year old woman who has Lyme Disease
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Doxil for a 62-year old man who has Infection
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Abilify for a 16-year old boy who has Allergies
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 60-year old man who has Infection
- Comparions of Zestril, Amoxicillin for a 78-year old man who has Heart MRI
- Comparions of Amoxil (Glaxosmithkline) - 250MG, Xanax (Pharmacia And Upjohn) - 0.25MG, Noni Juice for a 78-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Amoxicillin (Am Antibiotics) - 500MG, Codeine, Xanax for a 17-year old girl who has Surgery
- Comparions of Aleve, Amoxicillin for a 73-year old man who has Cellulitis
- Comparions of Prednisone (Roxane) - 20MG, Amoxicillin (Teva) - 500MG, Ibuprofen (Banner Pharmacaps) - 200MG, Ventolin Hfa (Glaxosmithkline) - EQ 0.09MG BASE/INH, Mucinex D (Adams Resp Therap) - 1.2GM;120MG for a 23-year old man who has Sinus Infection
- Comparions of Doxycycline Hyclate (Mylan) - EQ 100MG BASE, Amoxicillin (Teva) - 500MG for a 24-year old man who has Sinus Infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.