Amoxicillin vs Keflex for a male patient aged 23
Summary: 919 male patients aged 23 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Amoxicillin vs Keflex for a male aged 23. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Amoxicillin (latest outcomes from 24,194 users) has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection.
Keflex (latest outcomes from 5,992 users) has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection.
On Apr, 26, 2015: 919 male patients aged 18 who take the same drugs are studied in Amoxicillin vs Keflex
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 18 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Acne (55 drugs in 1,902 reports) (updated 16 hours ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Amoxicillin (amoxicillin) is often used to treat infection. Keflex (cephalexin) is often used to treat infection. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Amoxicillin is used in:
- Keflex is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Amoxicillin alternatives:
- Keflex alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Penicillin for a 34-year old woman who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Histamine Phosphate, Artemisia, Kali Bichromicum, Chamomilla, Amoxicillin for a 6-year old boy who has Infection
- Comparions of Keflex, Ceftin, Augmentin for a 4-year old boy who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Augmentin '500', Omnicef, Ceftin, Keflex for a 10-year old girl who has Pneumonia
- Comparions of Augmentin '400', Keflex for a 15-year old girl who has Pneumonia Bacterial
- Comparions of Keflex, Nitrofurantoin for a 74-year old woman who has Vaginitis Bacterial
- Comparions of Cephalexin, Symbicort for a 94-year old man who has Bronchitis
- Comparions of Tamiflu, Keflex for a 38-year old man who has Flu
- Comparions of Simponi, Amoxicillin for a 62-year old man who has Rash Generalised
- Comparions of Uloric, Amoxicillin for a 68-year old man who has Sinusitis
- Comparions of Lactulose, Amoxicillin Pediatric for a 39-year old woman who has Constipation
- Comparions of Xarelto, Cephalexin for a 23-year old woman who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Percorten, Keftab for a 51-year old woman who has Aches And Pains In Bones
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Casodex, Lupron Depot for a 66-year old man who has Cancer - Prostate
- Comparions of Acetylcysteine, Amoxicillin for a 66-year old man who has Pulmonary Interstitial Emphysema Syndrome
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Azithromycin for a 68-year old woman who has Bacterial Infection
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, E-mycin for a 51-year old man who has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Junel Fe 1/20 for a 42-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Ciprofloxacin for a 79-year old woman who has Burning Sensation
- Comparions of Keflex, Bactrim for a 41-year old woman who has UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent
- Comparions of Benzonatate, Amoxicillin for a 67-year old woman who has Cold Symptoms
- Comparions of Cephalexin, Indapamide for a 62-year old woman who has Uterine Infection
- Comparions of Zofran, Keflex for a 18-year old girl who has Gastritis
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Levofloxacin for a 46-year old man who has Gastritis Bacterial
- Comparions of Cephalexin, Nitrofurantoin for a 63-year old woman who has Foetal Warfarin Syndrome
- Comparions of Keflex, Levaquin for a 70-year old man who has Pro-time
- Comparions of Cephalexin, Nitrofurantoin for a 30-year old man who has Wound - Cut Or Puncture
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Vyvanse for a 22-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Minocycline Hydrochloride, Cephalexin for a 43-year old man who has Prescribed
- Comparions of Montelukast Sodium, Amoxicillin for a 30-year old man who has Allergy
- Comparions of Cephalexin, Ceftin for a 15-year old girl who has Acne
- Comparions of Losartan, Amoxicillin for a 55-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride for a 41-year old man who has Diabetic Foot Infection
- Comparions of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim, Amoxicillin for a 20-year old man who has Abscess Drainage
- Comparions of Keflex, Levaquin for a 42-year old woman who has Sinus Congestion
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Methotrexate for a 65-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Minocycline Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Bronchitis Bacterial
- Comparions of Heparin Sodium, Cephalexin, Diclofenac Potassium, Perindopril Erbumine, Spironolactone for a 72-year old man who has Cardiac Failure Congestive
- Comparions of Penicillin, Cephalexin, Cefuroxime for a 40-year old man who has UTI
- Comparions of Doxycycline, Amoxicillin, Flagyl for a 34-year old woman who has Lyme Disease
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Doxil for a 62-year old man who has Infection
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Abilify for a 16-year old boy who has Allergies
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 60-year old man who has Infection
- Comparions of Zestril, Amoxicillin for a 78-year old man who has Heart MRI
- Comparions of Cephalexin (Ceph Intl) - EQ 500MG BASE, Zithromax (Pfizer) - EQ 500MG BASE for a 64-year old man who has Infection - Inner Ear
- Comparions of Promethazine With Codeine (Vintage) - 10MG/5ML;6.25MG/5ML, Cephalexin (Ivax Pharms) - EQ 500MG BASE for a 20-year old man who has Stye
- Comparions of Cephalexin (Ivax Pharms) - EQ 500MG BASE, Trimethoprim (Teva) - 100MG for a 70-year old woman who has UTI
- Comparions of Amoxil (Glaxosmithkline) - 250MG, Xanax (Pharmacia And Upjohn) - 0.25MG, Noni Juice for a 78-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Cephalexin (Barr) - EQ 500MG BASE, Diamox (Duramed Pharms Barr) - 500MG for a 33-year old woman who has Intracranial Pressure Increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.