Methylprednisolone vs Azithromycin for a male patient aged 49
Summary: 2,420 male patients aged 49 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Methylprednisolone vs Azithromycin for a male aged 49. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Methylprednisolone (latest outcomes from 5,885 users) has active ingredients of methylprednisolone. It is often used in inflammation.
Azithromycin (latest outcomes from 12,359 users) has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis.
On Apr, 26, 2015: 2,420 male patients aged 43 who take the same drugs are studied in Methylprednisolone vs Azithromycin
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 43 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Blood Creatinine Increased||Weight Decreased|
|Asthenia||Renal Failure Acute|
|Kidney Transplant Rejection||Dehydration|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Azithromycin for Influenza reported by 9 people (updated 2 days ago)
- Influenza (19 drugs in 414 reports) (updated 2 weeks ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Methylprednisolone (methylprednisolone) is often used to treat inflammation. Azithromycin (azithromycin) is often used to treat sinusitis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Methylprednisolone is used in:
- Azithromycin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Methylprednisolone alternatives:
- Azithromycin alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Echinacea, Azithromycin for a 31-year old man who has Bacterial Infection
- Comparions of Zithromax, Bactrim for a 40-year old woman who has Chlamydia
- Comparions of Augmentin, Azithromycin for a 7-year old girl who has Pneumonia Bacterial
- Comparions of Methylprednisolone, Xarelto for a 60-year old man who has Factor V Leiden Mutation
- Comparions of Digoxin, Medrol for a 75-year old man who has PAD
- Comparions of Omnicef, Azithromycin, Levaquin for a 76-year old woman who has Pneumonia Parainfluenzae Viral
- Comparions of Cefprozil, Azithromycin for a 53-year old woman who has Bronchial Infection
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo for a 20-year old woman who has Azithromycin
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Rocephin for a 34-year old woman who has Suspected Std
- Comparions of Bactrim, Zithromax for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Methylprednisolone, Augmentin '500' for a 25-year old woman who has Sinusitis
- Comparions of Benadryl, Methylprednisolone for a 35-year old man who has Rash Generalised
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Azithromycin for a 68-year old woman who has Bacterial Infection
- Comparions of Cannabis, Methylprednisolone for a 25-year old man who has Inflammation
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Bromhexine Hydrochloride for a 57-year old man who has Parapneumonic Pulmonary Effusion
- Comparions of Medrol, Multaq for a 76-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Bactrim for a 43-year old woman who has Acne
- Comparions of Methylprednisolone, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Humira, Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Levofloxacin for a 53-year old man who has Haemophilus Infection
- Comparions of SAM-e, Methylprednisolone for a 58-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain
- Comparions of MethylPrednisolone, Advil for a 29-year old man who has Common Cold
- Comparions of Medrol, Furosemide, Doxorubicin Hydrochloride, Meropenem, Vincristine Sulfate for a 38-year old man who has Leukaemia
- Comparions of Ambien, Methylprednisolone for a 56-year old woman who has Low Back Pain
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Levofloxacin for a 57-year old man who has Bartonellosis
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Gentamicin Sulfate for a 28-year old man who has Infection - Kidney
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Advil Allergy Sinus, Benzonatate for a 13-year old boy who has Exercise - Colds And Flu
- Comparions of Ceftriaxone, Azithromycin for a 56-year old man who has Chlamydia
- Comparions of Metoprolol Tartrate, Plavix, Tekturna, Zithromax, Crestor for a 80-year old woman who has Heart MRI
- Comparions of Methylprednisolone, Azithromycin for a 20-year old woman who has Ear Infection
- Comparions of Folic Acid, Azithromycin, Vivelle-dot, Prometrium for a 39-year old woman who has Infertility Female
- Comparions of Relafen, Methylprednisolone for a 72-year old woman who has Inflammation
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Suprax for a 33-year old man who has Respiratory Tract Infection
- Comparions of Ampicillin And Sulbactam, Azithromycin for a 24-year old man who has Influenza
- Comparions of Advil, Benzonatate, Azithromycin for a 23-year old man who has Bronchitis Acute
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Prednisone, Chlor-trimeton for a 68-year old woman who has Sinus Congestion
- Comparions of Neupro, Azithromycin for a 76-year old woman who has Restless Legss And Nontuberculous Mycobacteria
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Ibuprofen, Azithromycin for a 48-year old woman who has Middle Ear Infection - Chronic
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Cefpodoxime Proxetil for a 18-year old girl who has Pharyngitis
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 36-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Zithromax, Tamiflu for a 40-year old man who has Cough
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman who has Pneumonia
- Comparions of Pantoprazole, Azithromycin for a 52-year old man who has Sinus Infection
- Comparions of Zoloft, Azithromycin for a 29-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Hydrocortisone, Methylprednisolone for a 42-year old woman who has Rash
- Comparions of Allegra-d 12 Hour, Methylprednisolone for a 31-year old man who has Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash
- Comparions of Zyrtec Allergy, Fluticasone Propionate, Methylprednisolone for a 32-year old man who has Allergy
- Comparions of Prednisone, Methylprednisolone for a 67-year old woman who has Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Comparions of Oxaprozin, Methylprednisolone for a 34-year old woman who has Inflammation
- Comparions of Cephalexin (Ceph Intl) - EQ 500MG BASE, Zithromax (Pfizer) - EQ 500MG BASE for a 64-year old man who has Infection - Inner Ear
- Comparions of Fluticasone Propionate, Zithromax (Pfizer) - EQ 500MG BASE for a 63-year old woman who has Infection - Inner Ear
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.