Spironolactone vs Furosemide for a male patient aged 63
Summary: 13,863 male patients aged 63 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Spironolactone vs Furosemide for a male aged 63. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Spironolactone (latest outcomes from 26,454 users) has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne.
Furosemide (latest outcomes from 80,860 users) has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention.
On Mar, 27, 2015: 13,863 male patients aged 58 who take the same drugs are studied in Spironolactone vs Furosemide
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 58 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Spironolactone||Furosemide (Watson Labs)|
|Renal Failure Acute||Dyspnoea|
|Hyperkalaemia||Cardiac Failure Congestive|
|Cardiac Failure Congestive||Renal Failure Acute|
|Renal Failure||Oedema Peripheral|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Spironolactone (spironolactone) is often used to treat acne. Furosemide (furosemide) is often used to treat fluid retention. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Spironolactone is used in:
- Furosemide is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Spironolactone alternatives:
- Furosemide alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lasix, Lisinopril for a 63-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Carvedilol, Armour Thyroid, Spironolactone for a 42-year old woman who has Weight Gain - Unintentional
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Potassium, Lasix, Coumadin for a 80-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Goldenseal, Aldactone for a 60-year old woman who has Growth Hormone
- Comparions of Dexilant, Aldactone, Lamictal, Viibryd, Synthroid for a 33-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Doxycycline Hyclate, Furosemide for a 48-year old woman who has Pre-existing Disease
- Comparions of Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix for a 33-year old woman who has Lkajdfkl
- Comparions of Aldactone, Losartan for a 38-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Lasix, Torsemide for a 74-year old man who has Fluid Retention
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Furosemide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Spironolactone, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Comparions of Lipitor, Levothyroxine Sodium, Aldactone, Lasix, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Comparions of Glipizide, Furosemide, Benicar, Carvedilol, Spironolactone for a 65-year old woman who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Spironolactone, Finasteride for a 48-year old man who has Bobbins
- Comparions of Furosemide, Marijuana for a 39-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Furosemide, Aspirin for a 78-year old woman who has Hearing Loss - Age Related
- Comparions of Lasix, Carvedilol, Coumadin for a 86-year old man who has CHF
- Comparions of Daytrana, Spironolactone for a 18-year old boy who has Menopause Transition
- Comparions of Fluticasone Propionate, Spironolactone for a 67-year old woman who has Hormone Level Abnormal
- Comparions of HCTZ, Spironolactone, Losartan Potassium, Avapro, Benicar for a 53-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Lasix, Endep for a 56-year old woman who has Fluid Retention
- Comparions of Lasix, Xarelto for a 89-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Furosemide, Simvastatin, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Candesartan Cilexetil, Digoxin for a 81-year old woman who has Atrial Flutter
- Comparions of Estradiol Valerate, Medroxyprogesterone Acetate, Spironolactone, Hydroxyzine, Celexa for a 26-year old woman who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Furosemide, Torsemide for a 47-year old man who has Blood Beta-d-glucan Increased
- Comparions of Metformin, Ceftazidime, Furosemide, Colchicine, Gliclazide for a 57-year old man who has Parapneumonic Pulmonary Effusion
- Comparions of Metformin, Lexapro, Enalapril Maleate, Aldactone, Toprol-xl for a 75-year old woman who has Heart Rate Increased
- Comparions of Propecia, Spironolactone for a 41-year old man who has Hair Loss
- Comparions of Lyrica, Lasix for a 65-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Aspirin, Spironolactone, Ramipril, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 60-year old man who has Left-sided Heart Failure
- Comparions of Furosemide, Gabapentin, Plaquenil, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Nexium for a 53-year old woman who has Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Lidoderm, Spironolactone, Metformin, Losartan for a 64-year old man who has General Physical Health Deterioration
- Comparions of Lidoderm, Spironolactone, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Metformin, Losartan for a 64-year old man who has General Physical Health Deterioration
- Comparions of Furosemide, Eliquis, Tramadol Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Flomax for a 80-year old man who has A/f
- Comparions of Spironolactone, Lexapro, Phentermine for a 42-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Pravastatin Sodium, Metoclopramide, Isosorbide Dinitrate, Lasix, Plavix for a 66-year old woman who has Undefined
- Comparions of Doxycycline, Spironolactone for a 42-year old woman who has Rosacea
- Comparions of Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Carvedilol for a 56-year old man who has Cardiac Disorder
- Comparions of HCG, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Pradaxa for a 52-year old man who has Heart Attack
- Comparions of OMEPRAZOLE, Furosemide for a 78-year old man who has Lung Water
- Comparions of Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Lisinopril for a 38-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Medrol, Furosemide, Doxorubicin Hydrochloride, Meropenem, Vincristine Sulfate for a 38-year old man who has Leukaemia
- Comparions of Aspirin, Pantoprazole, Furosemide, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lyrica for a 67-year old woman who has Sjogren's Syndrome
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Furosemide, Perindopril Erbumine for a 70-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Aldactone, Wellbutrin Xl for a 35-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Furosemide, for a 21-year old woman who has Iih And Inflammation
- Comparions of Aldactone, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 75-year old man who has CHF
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.