Temazepam vs Ambien for a male patient aged 68
Summary: 5,075 male patients aged 68 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Temazepam vs Ambien for a male aged 68. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Temazepam (latest outcomes from 15,764 users) has active ingredients of temazepam. It is often used in insomnia.
Ambien (latest outcomes from 46,763 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia.
On Feb, 23, 2015: 5,075 male patients aged 63 who take the same drugs are studied in Temazepam vs Ambien
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Ambien||zolpidem tartrate||not specified|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 63 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||Anxiety|
|Anxiety||Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)|
|Chest Pain||Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||Asthenia (weakness)|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||Insomnia (sleeplessness)|
|Weight Decreased||Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)|
|Pain||Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure)|
|Myocardial Infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)||Dizziness|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Anorexia (eating disorder characterized by immoderate food restriction and irrational fear of gaining weight)||Depression|
|Anger||Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints)|
|Activities Of Daily Living Impaired||Cardiac Disorder|
|Lethargy (tiredness)||Road Traffic Accident|
|Insomnia (sleeplessness)||Amnesia (deficit in memory caused by brain damage, disease, or psychological trauma)|
|Aphasia (damage to the parts of the brain that control language)||Sleep Disorder|
|Bruxism (habitual grinding of the teeth, typically during sleep)||Osteonecrosis (death of bone)|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Insomnia (101 drugs in 7,057 reports) (updated 8 hours ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Temazepam (temazepam) is often used to treat insomnia. Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is often used to treat insomnia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Temazepam is used in:
- Ambien is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Temazepam alternatives:
- Ambien alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 69-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Temazepam for a 33-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Dalmane, Restoril, Valium for a 49-year old woman who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
- Comparions of Ambien, Welchol for a 90-year old woman who has Sleeplessness
- Comparions of Valerian, Ambien for a 38-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Zolpidem for a 82-year old woman who has Insomnia, Auto Immune Disease, Neuropathy, Spinal Stenosis, High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omeprazole, Linzess, Ambien for a 22-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 56-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Restoril, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 66-year old man who has Leg Pain
- Comparions of Temazepam, Detrol La, Hydroxyzine for a 64-year old woman who has Allergic Reactions
- Comparions of Lopressor, Restoril for a 46-year old woman who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Temazepam for a 45-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Soma, Ambien, Skelaxin, Celexa, Strattera for a 52-year old man who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Zolpidem for a 64-year old man who has Diaetios
- Comparions of Ambien Cr, Adderall Xr 20, Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Ambien, Nexium, Carafate, Dilaudid for a 41-year old woman who has Hip Pain
- Comparions of Zolpidem Tartrate, Buspirone Hcl for a 65-year old man who has Anxiety And Stress
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Ambien, Xanax, Zoloft for a 45-year old woman who has Sleepy
- Comparions of Zolpidem, Ramelteon for a 44-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Norco, Xanax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Paxil
- Comparions of Vicodin, Zolpidem for a 48-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Restoril, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Flexeril for a 66-year old man who has SVT Muscle Spasms Sleep Aide
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Zolpidem, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 33-year old man who has Insomnia, Irritability, Aggression, No Energy
- Comparions of Halcion, Ambien, Restoril, Dalmane for a 54-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Temazepam, Clonazepam for a 77-year old man who has Sleep Disorder In The Elderly
- Comparions of Temazepam, Diazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin for a 57-year old man who has Neuropathic Pain, Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Hawthrone for a 32-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Temazepam, Ambien for a 45-year old woman who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Restoril, Soma for a 59-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of HCTZ, Amlodipine Besylate, Ambien, Gabapentin for a 78-year old woman who has Numbness And Tingling
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Simvastatin, Temazepam, Amlodipine, Perindopril Erbumine for a 70-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Zolpidem, Methocarbamol, Pyridium for a 64-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type
- Comparions of Temazepam, Omeprazole for a 86-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Lamotrigine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Zolpidem for a 48-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Temazepam, Oxazepam, Oxycodone for a 28-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Temazepam, Wellbutrin Xl for a 26-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Ambien Cr, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 24-year old man who has Psychiatric Symptom And Cps
- Comparions of Lipitor, Ambien, Imitrex, Keppra Xr for a 45-year old woman who has Seizure - Grand Mal
- Comparions of Zaleplon, Eszopiclone, Zolpidem for a 51-year old woman who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Temazepam, Ambien Cr for a 91-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Methylprednisolone for a 56-year old woman who has Low Back Pain
- Comparions of Temazepam, Zolpidem Tartrate, Zaleplon for a 59-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Ambien for a 75-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Zolpidem Tartrate for a 44-year old woman who has Sleep Terror
- Comparions of Vyvanse, Zolpidem, Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 59-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Triazolam, Ambien for a 47-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Zolpidem Tartrate, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Hydroxyzine for a 35-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Bisacodyl, Temazepam, Diazepam, Pregabalin, Oxycontin for a 58-year old man who has Chronic Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.