triamcinolone acetonide vs Betamethasone Valerate, a side effect and effectiveness comparison for a male patient aged 66
This is personalized comparison of triamcinolone acetonide vs Betamethasone Valerate for a male aged 66. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
What are the drugs
Triamcinolone acetonide (latest outcomes from 2,321 users) has active ingredients of triamcinolone acetonide. It is often used in eczema.
Betamethasone valerate (latest outcomes from 554 users) has active ingredients of betamethasone valerate. It is often used in dermatitis.
On Jul, 11, 2014: 898 male patients aged 61 who take the same drugs are studied in triamcinolone acetonide vs Betamethasone Valerate
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|triamcinolone acetonide||triamcinolone acetonide||not specified|
|Betamethasone Valerate||betamethasone valerate||not specified|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 61 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|triamcinolone acetonide||Betamethasone Valerate|
|Drug Ineffective||Rash (redness)|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness)|
|Chest Pain||Hyponatraemia (abnormally low level of sodium in the blood; associated with dehydration)|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||Neutropenia (an abnormally low number of neutrophils)|
|Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction)||Pain Nos|
|Myocardial Infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)||Oesophageal Varices Haemorrhage (bleeding from extremely dilated sub-mucosal veins in the lower third of the oesophagus)|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||Hypokalaemia (low potassium)|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|triamcinolone acetonide||Betamethasone Valerate|
|Long-term Memory Loss||Lipoma (a growth of fatty tissue that slowly develops just under your skin)|
|Nightmare (unpleasant dream)||Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely)|
|Polycythaemia Vera (blood disorder in which the bone marrow makes too many red blood cells)|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus|
|Osteolysis (dissolution of bone)|
|Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage)|
|Connective Tissue Disorder (any disease that has the connective tissues of the body)|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study:
1. print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
2. start a mobile support group with people like you or your health teams to improve treatment outcomes together.
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Triamcinolone Acetonide (triamcinolone acetonide) is often used to treat eczema. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Azmacort, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a 40-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Astepro, Nasacort Allergy 24 Hour for a 83-year old man who has Allergy
- Comparions of Singulair, Azmacort for a 70-year old man who has Allergic Respiratory Disease
- Comparions of Nasacort, Veramyst for a 65-year old woman who has Allergic Respiratory Disease
- Comparions of Nasacort, Omnaris for a 57-year old woman who has Allergy
- Comparions of Advil, Kenalog for a 58-year old woman who has Neck Pain
- Comparions of Nasacort, Nasonex for a 74-year old woman who has Nasonex
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Nasacort for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Mometasone Furoate, Triamcinolone Acetonide for a 32-year old woman who has Eczema
- Comparions of Flonase, Nasacort Allergy 24 Hour for a 53-year old man who has Allergies
- Comparions of Nasacort Allergy 24 Hour, Fluticasone Propionate for a 56-year old woman who has Nasal Congestion
- Comparions of Pulmicort Flexhaler, Nasacort Allergy 24 Hour for a 65-year old woman who has Asthma Late Onset
- Comparions of Nasacort, Allegra D 24 Hour for a 38-year old woman who has Allergies
- Comparions of Nasonex, Nasacort, Flonase, Astepro for a 58-year old man who has Allergy
- Comparions of Rocephin, Kenalog-40, Amantadine Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Flu Symptoms
- Comparions of Prednisone, Celestone for a 73-year old man who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Comparions of Nasacort, Veramyst, Nasonex for a 50-year old man who has KJE
- Comparions of Nasacort, Nasonex for a 32-year old woman who has Nasal Congestion
- Comparions of Nasacort Aq, Montelukast Sodium, Albuterol Sulfate, Qvar 80 for a 6-year old girl who has Asthma
- Comparions of Rhinocort, Nasarel (Teva Global) - 0.029MG/SPRAY, Flonase (Glaxosmithkline) - 0.05MG/SPRAY, Nasacort Aq for a 59-year old man who has Sinus Congestion
- Comparions of Nystatin (Taro) - 100,000 UNITS/GM, Triamcinolone Acetonide (Taro) - 0.5% for a 65-year old man who has Acetone
- Comparions of Triamcinolone Acetonide (Taro) - 0.1%, Hydrocortisone (Taro) - 2.5% for a 20-year old man who has Allergies
- Comparions of Triamcinolone Acetonide (Taro) - 0.1%, Betamethasone Valerate (Teva Pharms) - EQ 0.1% BASE for a 44-year old woman who has Skin Rash
- Comparions of Nasacort Aq (Sanofi Aventis Us) - 0.055MG/SPRAY, Flonase, Nasonex for a 65-year old woman who has Allergy To Plants
- Comparions of Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate (Abraxis Pharm) - EQ 10MG PHOSPHATE/ML, Kenalog-40 (Apothecon) - 40MG/ML, Depo-medrol (Pharmacia And Upjohn) - 40MG/ML for a 55-year old woman who has Sinusitis
- Comparions of Celestone, Loratadine, Exforge (Novartis) - EQ 5MG BASE;160MG for a 32-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Tikosyn, Ceftin, Kenalog-10 (Apothecon) - 10MG/ML for a 67-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Nasonex, Nasacort for a 37-year old man who has Polyp
- Comparions of Minoxidil, Triamcinolone Acetonide (Parnell) - 3MG/ML for a 15-year old boy who has Male Pattern Baldness
- Comparions of Nasonex (Schering Plough) - EQ 0.05MG BASE/SPRAY, Nasacort Aq (Sanofi Aventis Us) - 0.055MG/SPRAY for a 41-year old woman who has Multiple Allergies
- Comparions of Veramyst, Nasacort for a 63-year old woman who has Rhinitis Allergic
- Comparions of Qvar 80 (Teva Global) - 0.08MG/INH, Flutex (Ivax Pharms) - 0.1% for a 61-year old man who has Asthma Exacerbation Prophylaxis
- Comparions of Betamethasone Valerate (Pharmaderm) - EQ 0.1% BASE, Betamethasone Dipropionate (Pharmaderm) - EQ 0.05% BASE for a 28-year old woman who has Dermo-hypodermitis
- Comparions of Omnaris (Nycomed Us Inc) - 50MCG, Nasacort Aq (Sanofi Aventis Us) - 0.055MG/SPRAY for a 65-year old woman who has Sinus Infection
- Comparions of Nasonex (Schering Plough) - EQ 0.05MG BASE/SPRAY, Nasacort Aq for a 52-year old man who has Stuffy Nose
- Comparions of Nasacort Aq (Sanofi Aventis Us) - 0.055MG/SPRAY, Nasonex (Schering Plough) - EQ 0.05MG BASE/SPRAY for a 51-year old man who has Allergic Sinusitis
- Comparions of Mometasone Furoate (G And W Labs) - 0.1%, Triamcinolone Acetonide (Vintage) - 0.1% for a 6-year old girl who has Skin Disorder
- Comparions of Klonopin (Roche) - 1MG, Nasacort Hfa (Sanofi Aventis Us) - 0.055MG/SPRAY for a 50-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Kenalog-40 (Apothecon) - 40MG/ML, Methylprednisolone Acetate for a 57-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Azmacort, Alvesco for a 44-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Azmacort, Alvesco for a 45-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Alvesco, Azmacort for a 45-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Nasonex, Nasacort for a 70-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Triamcinolone Acetonide (Taro) - 0.1%, Desonide (Perrigo New York) - 0.05% for a 62-year old woman who has Eczema
- Comparions of Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate (Bausch And Lomb) - EQ 0.1% PHOSPHATE, Betamethasone Valerate (Pharmaderm) - EQ 0.1% BASE for a 30-year old woman who has Asthma
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.