Home > Conditions A-Z > Osteoporosis > Osteoporosis treatments
Osteoporosis (osteoporosis) treatments and their effectiveness
This is a real world study of common treatments of Osteoporosis, and their effectiveness. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 87,013 reports from user community.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Osteoporosis >>>
On Oct, 29, 2014: 87,013 reports are studied for Osteoporosis
Common symptoms and complications by gender:
The following drugs are reported to be used in the treatment of Osteoporosis. Click to see how effective they are overall and in long term (1+ year), and for what kind of people:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Effective treatment for adult scoliosis
Even with these medications I have muscle spasms in my back, neck, shoulders and leg pain that makes it hard to walk. I don't understand because 2 years ago I was healthy, string, active.
- I have bipolar disorder and adhd and take nuvigil for the adhd and on occasion take lunesta for sleep. anybody else take this combination and what side effects or effects in general have you noticed?
I'm anxious about any untoward drug interactions. I can't take stimulants because of a history of abuse. I take Nuvgil for my ADHD and it's the first time I can concentraate in years! I can't believe how much easier it is to organize, get things done, and read. Plus it helps the chronic fatigue I ...
- Is there a link between forteo and macular holes?
My 82 year old mother has osteoporosis and was taking Forteo for several years (stopped taking aprox. 2 1/2 years ago) She also has Glaucoma. She recently developed a macular hole and just had surgery to correct it. Is there any link between Forteo and macular holes or other vision problems? We a ...
- If your daughter had 3.6mm fibroadenoma would you have it removed?
My daughter is 27 yrs. old on a 2 yr old level. She is on Depo Provera inj. to "stop" that time of month due to the seizures that are promoted from the hormone changes. When she was 16 yrs. old she had a 5 lumps in her breast and we thought that the injection was a problem. We took a "holiday" from ...
- Can prempro cause osteoporosis?
I took prempro for 5 years. I now have osteoporosis. Are there any side effects of the drug to cause osteoporosis?
- Is it safe to take risedronate when i have a hiatus hernia/epigastric hernia
I also take simvinstatins for high cholesterol. I have two crush fracures in my spine due to osteoporosis
- How effective taking alendronic acid treating osteoporosis
i am a cancer survivor. After treatment of chemo and radiation, 3 years later my doctor prescribed me for alendronic acid for osteoporosis. dont know if its for life but i am worried for the side effects. Hope this will not create another cancer illness again. Doctors prescribes it once a week.
- Does long use of mesalmine cause diarrhea and is there alternative med?
I have Crohn's, they removed 2 strictures last year in lower intestine, now have building up of lower ileum and rectum so on Hydrocortisone Enema every other day.
Frequent diarrhea of 7 - 10 times daily but have been off Mesalamine for 2 weeks and now diarrhea is greatly reduced. Have not told doct ...
- Did your hair loss or thinning recover after stopping prolia
My hair texture has been drastically changed and thinned very much. My hair is now wispy and has no body. I decided to not get another prolia shot but my hair doesn't seem to be improving.
- Doing bloodwork while taking fosamax, calcium levels were high. is it an effect from taking the drug(weekly dosing) the day before?
this patient wants to know if he takes his fosamax the day before his blood test will that effect his calcium levels? his blood work is coming up with an elevated calcium. He has stopped calcium supplementation already.
More questions for: Osteoporosis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Fosamax causes numerous problems
I took Fosamax for 7 years. In the last two years my bone decreased, where as it had been 28% loss in the spine it went to 31% loss. For the first 5 years it did stop any bone loss but later seemed to stop working. I was very lucky with this drug as others have numerous problems. one lady I know wa ...
- Paxil cause osteoporosis?
I had OCD since age 8. At 42 I was finally diagnosed and put on Paxil. When I reached 40 mgs and after 2 months on 40 mgs i was completely cured of OCD. I stayed on Paxil for the next 15 years. I no longer take any SSRI as they were causing severe lethargy that last few years of use. When I was aro ...
- Pain in the neck and arthritis after taking generic fosamax
I started taking Generic Fosamax about six months ago and last week i had a terrible neck pain and spasm. I went to my accupunturist and he did accupunture and massage, but the pain did not go away. Later that week, I noticed that I had a lot of pain every time I flexed my left knee, and later that ...
More reviews for: Osteoporosis
Recent Osteoporosis related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Losartan, HCTZ, Anastrozole for a patient with Osteoporosis, Hypertension, Breast Cancer Her2+. The patient has Cough
- A study of side effects of Calcitriol for a patient with Osteoporosis. The patient has Pain - Leg
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Anturol, Liothyronine Sodium, Synthroid for a patient with Osteoporosis, Incontinence - Urinary, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Voice Spasms And Tremor
- A study of side effects of Indocin for a patient with Osteoporosis. The patient has Musculoskeletal Stiffness (stiffness of the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves)
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Zestril for a patient with Osteoporosis, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Blood Spots (Purpura)
More related studies for: Osteoporosis
Recent Osteoporosis related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Osteoporosis
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenergan, Imitrex, Protonix, Xanax, Buspar for a 35-year old woman who has Nausea In The Morning - Females, Migraine, GERD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Chronic Depression (8 minutes ago)
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (41 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (45 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (58 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)