Acid reflux and Loose bowel movements - from FDA reports
Loose bowel movements is found among people with Acid reflux, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Nexium and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Loose bowel movements with Acid reflux. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,719 people who have Acid reflux from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 05, 2017
4,719 people who have Acid Reflux and Loose Bowel Movements are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Acid Reflux and experience Loose Bowel Movements *:
- female: 69.73 %
- male: 30.27 %
Age of people who have Acid Reflux and experience Loose Bowel Movements *:
- 0-1: 0.69 %
- 2-9: 0.54 %
- 10-19: 1.12 %
- 20-29: 3.19 %
- 30-39: 5.7 %
- 40-49: 12.57 %
- 50-59: 21.1 %
- 60+: 55.07 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (1,234 people, 26.15%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (849 people, 17.99%)
- Pain (631 people, 13.37%)
- Depression (624 people, 13.22%)
- Stress And Anxiety (549 people, 11.63%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (1,198 people, 25.39%)
- Humira (705 people, 14.94%)
- Prilosec (620 people, 13.14%)
- Omeprazole (587 people, 12.44%)
- Protonix (371 people, 7.86%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Nausea (1,248 people, 26.45%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (968 people, 20.51%)
- Abdominal Pain (777 people, 16.47%)
- Fatigue (654 people, 13.86%)
- Abdominal Pain Upper (562 people, 11.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loose bowel movements and Acid reflux?
- Check symptoms - is your loose bowel movements caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid (latest reports from 139,360 Acid reflux patients)
Loose Bowel Movements
Loose bowel movements (weak bowel movement) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 288,196 Loose bowel movements patients).
Browse all symptoms of Acid refluxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Loose bowel movementsLoose bowel movements
Other conditions that could case Loose bowel movementsLoose bowel movements
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I have been taking Creon for 5 months due to partial removal of my pancreas, my gall bladder and the my bile duct due to cancer. I also take a multivitamin, Vitamin D and calcium. I have loose stools daily (not sure if it qualifies for diarrhea), several times a day, meaning they are not ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Age 65, have IBS-C with GERD since 1982. Now that I have serious pain issues and vicodin was reformulated into garbage, I am being told to take dilaudid which is causing the IBS to worsen, especially the GERD as I can control the constipation with Miralax and fiber.
I have terrible heartburn about half hour to 45 minutes after taking my dilaudid. It is kind of scary heartburn. I have never experienced anything like it before. Usually after eating about four large tums, the heartburn eases a little. It finally goes away completely in and a couple hours. ...
Hi I'm new to the group , took phentermine for about a month had horrible heartburn and chest pain . Dr switched me to bontril and seems it's doing the same thing ! Help I really want to loose this weight
I have been taking 900mg of Gabapentin every evening to relieve the severe burning in the soles of my feet for the last 3 months. Early on I experienced a change in bowel habits, from a lifelong battle with constipation to loose, regular, very odorous, somewhat painful movements. Has anyone ...