Would you have Heart pounding (Heart palpitations) when you have Acid reflux?
Summary: Heart pounding is found among people with Acid reflux, especially people who are female, 40-49 old, also have Gerd, and take medication Omeprazole.
We study 93 people who have Heart pounding (Heart palpitations) and Acid reflux from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Acid reflux and Heart pounding >>>
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid, Prilosec Otc. (latest reports from Acid Reflux 10,551 patients)
Heart pounding (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain.(latest reports from Heart pounding 51,983 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 88 people who have acid reflux and Heart Pounding are studied.
Gender of people who have acid reflux and experienced Heart pounding * :
|Heart pounding||70.11%||29.89% |
Age of people who have acid reflux and experienced Heart pounding * :
|Heart pounding||0.00%||0.00%||2.27%||11.36%||14.77%||21.59%||25.00%||25.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart pounding||7.14%||64.29%||27.38%||1.19% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Gerd (35 people, 39.77%)
- Depression (9 people, 10.23%)
- Heartburn (6 people, 6.82%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 6.82%)
- High blood pressure (6 people, 6.82%)
- Anxiety (6 people, 6.82%)
- Heartburn - chronic (5 people, 5.68%)
- Asthma (4 people, 4.55%)
- High blood cholesterol (4 people, 4.55%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 4.55%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Omeprazole (22 people, 25.00%)
- Nexium (14 people, 15.91%)
- Prevacid (9 people, 10.23%)
- Prilosec (8 people, 9.09%)
- Protonix (8 people, 9.09%)
- Multivitamin (6 people, 6.82%)
- Lisinopril (6 people, 6.82%)
- Atenolol (5 people, 5.68%)
- Aciphex (5 people, 5.68%)
- Aspirin (5 people, 5.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acid Reflux and Heart Pounding?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Heart Pounding and Acid reflux
- support group for people who have Acid reflux
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Heartburn - Chronic, and takes Omeprazole)
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started omeprazole which after taking it for about 2 weeks,I didn't realize that I was stressing and having anxiety due to this drug. but it kept taking it . I got worse and worse every time I tried to do something I would get terrible anxiety and depr ...
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Stomach Pains, GERD, Fatique, Constipation, Dizzness, Early Satiety)
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- Biotin and heart races? connection?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
About 2 weeks ago I started on 3mg of Biotin a day. After about 4 days my heart started racing for period. It was uncomfortable and distracting. It's been nearly 2 weeks now and it's settled some but in the evening it comes back. Occassionaly during the day. Maybe at night I just notice it more but ...
- Can biotin cause prolonged heart racing?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
I started taking 3mg of biotin a day for about 3 or 4 days. I noticed my heart racing which was unusual for me. None before starting biotin. I've stopped over a week ago, going on 2 weeks and my heart still races. More at night or maybe I notice it more at night. No, I would notice it during the day ...
- I was jut diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. i called my doctor's office today to ask what otc pain reliever i could take for joint pain. the nurse said i should take only tylenol. is this correct?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has GERD, Autoimmune Hepatitis, and takes Protonix)
Information on the web says Tylenol is known to cause autoimmune hepatitis. I am concerned that my doctor's nurse had instructed me to take it. I was hoping it would be safe to take Alive.
More questions for: Acid reflux, Heart pounding
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Loss of voice and stomach issues
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has REFLUX, LOSS OF VOICE, Now Diagnosed With DES, LRP, DYSPHONIA, and takes HCTZ, Clindamycin)
Prescribed to take 2 - 300 mg tablets of Clindamycin prior to dental procedure to to knee implant done a month and half before dental procedure. Took two pills one hour prior and immediate severe burning of throat, esophagous and stomach with constant nausea. Still have symptons - ie loss of voice ...
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Heartburn, Nausea, Heart Palpitations)
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Prednisone side effects
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Headache, Anxiety, Heartburn, Blurred Vision, Nausea, and takes Prednisone)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Acid reflux, Heart pounding
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a patient with Acid Reflux. The patient has Burning Mouth Syndrome (pain in the mouth and burning sensation on tongue)
Comments: I am taking only 5mg a day but as I decrease my dose to every other day, the burning and tenderness in my mouth and tongue decrease. I was told by my dentist that menopause can have a side effect of burning mouth syndrome and I have done some researching on the web about this syndrome and there isn ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Buspirone Hydrochloride for a patient with Meniere's Disease, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Palpitations
Comments: Only happens occasionally. More when I am active. But sometimes just sitting. All the time when using computer or watching television. There are just days where I cannot even look at a computer screen for even 1 minute. Very frustrating. Palpitations are annoying and inconvenient.
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamins, Flonase, Fenofibrate, Niaspan, Lovaza, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Androgel, Bystolic, Nexium, Diovan for a patient with Low Magnesium, Fatigue, Post Nasal Drip, High Bloood Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Herpes Gestationis, Low Testosterone, Heart, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has
Comments: Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Pristiq, Mirtazapine for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression. The patient has Drug Screen False Positive
Comments: Recently went in to treatment to get off of a hydrocodone addiction following neck surgery. The doctor staryed me on suboxone. This is the second time i was treated for this because i have been on a pain management program for neck problems. The dr drug screens me everytime i go there. While in ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
More related studies for: Acid reflux, Heart pounding
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.