Would you have High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia) when you have Acid reflux?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people with Acid reflux, especially people who are female, 40-49 old, also have High blood pressure, and take medication Lisinopril.
We study 27 people who have High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia) and Acid reflux from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Acid reflux and High blood sugar >>>
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Prevacid, Protonix, Prilosec Otc. (latest reports from Acid Reflux 10,551 patients)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from High blood sugar 16,702 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 27 people who have acid reflux and High Blood Sugar are studied.
Gender of people who have acid reflux and experienced High blood sugar * :
|High blood sugar||59.26%||40.74% |
Age of people who have acid reflux and experienced High blood sugar * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.70%||14.81%||29.63%||51.85% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||7.41%||59.26%||25.93%||7.41% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- High blood pressure (11 people, 40.74%)
- Gerd (8 people, 29.63%)
- Diabetes (6 people, 22.22%)
- Depression (5 people, 18.52%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 14.81%)
- Heartburn (3 people, 11.11%)
- Gout (3 people, 11.11%)
- Thyroid disorder (3 people, 11.11%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (3 people, 11.11%)
- High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (3 people, 11.11%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lisinopril (8 people, 29.63%)
- Nexium (7 people, 25.93%)
- Omeprazole (7 people, 25.93%)
- Metformin hydrochloride (6 people, 22.22%)
- Vitamin d (4 people, 14.81%)
- Simvastatin (4 people, 14.81%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 14.81%)
- Metformin (4 people, 14.81%)
- Vitamin c (3 people, 11.11%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (3 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acid Reflux and High Blood Sugar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar and Acid reflux
- support group for people who have Acid reflux
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Acid reflux, High blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Loss of voice and stomach issues
Prescribed to take 2 - 300 mg tablets of Clindamycin prior to dental procedure to to knee implant done a month and half before dental procedure. Took two pills one hour prior and immediate severe burning of throat, esophagous and stomach with constant nausea. Still have symptons - ie loss of voice, low grade nausea. have had multitude of tests - ie. EGD's, monometry, transesophageal (with transmitter to determine extent of now reflux) Have to eat small amounts of food at a time. Have lost 23 lbs. Affects my every day life - difficult to talk on phone, talking in groups - just limit my socialization. Could not work if I wanted to with voice. Throat is constantly sore.
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of headache as soon as I drank the mixture. Symptoms then disappear within a couple of minutes and I was fine for the rest of the day.
This has been getting worse every morning, until this morning (day 5) where I had to kneel down and focus on breathing.
I can't drink it anymore, my chest hurts and it gets quite scary.
I usually don't eat a lot of garlic anyway, I don't really like it. I'm assuming it's the garlic creating the reaction, as lemon and honey are part of my daily diet.
- Prednisone side effects (1 response)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients have. Appears to affect the upper teeth.
Crohns diagnosed at the age of 39. Moderate to severe.
Dentists state the problem is the use of prednisone and having Crohn.
More reviews for: Acid reflux, High blood sugar
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- In February 2014, I broke my left distal fibula cleanly so did not require surgery. Now 10 months in and bone still is not fully healed. My Orthopeadic doctor asked if I have osteoporosis. I have no history of osteoporosis personally nor within my family history. Am seriously concerned that my m ...
- I am a 48 yr old female diagnosed with PTSD, bipolar 2, BPD, histrionic suicidal idealation and a mess!!!
Things were going well in therapy and with my Dr. over the past 2 years on the above "cocktail" MINUS the Latuda and Lexapro.
I have had 3 very serious suicide attempts, all prior to the T ...
- I am taking only 5mg a day but as I decrease my dose to every other day, the burning and tenderness in my mouth and tongue decrease. I was told by my dentist that menopause can have a side effect of burning mouth syndrome and I have done some researching on the web about this syndrome and there isn ...
- My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
More related studies for: Acid reflux, High blood sugar
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.