Would you have Loose bowel movements (Diarrhea) when you have Acid reflux?
Summary: Loose bowel movements is found among people with Acid reflux, especially people who are female, 10-19 old, also have Gastroesophageal reflux disease, and take medication Omeprazole.
We study 121 people who have Loose bowel movements (Diarrhea) and Acid reflux from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Acid reflux and Loose bowel movements >>>
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid, Prilosec Otc. (latest reports from 19,133 Acid Reflux patients)
Loose bowel movements
Loose bowel movements (weak bowel movement) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression. (latest reports from 139,328 Loose bowel movements patients)
On Feb, 11, 2015: 121 people who have acid reflux and Loose Bowel Movements are studied.
Gender of people who have acid reflux and experienced Loose bowel movements * :
|Loose bowel movements||68.85%||31.15% |
Age of people who have acid reflux and experienced Loose bowel movements * :
|Loose bowel movements||0.82%||0.82%||4.10%||7.38%||15.57%||22.95%||21.31%||27.05% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loose bowel movements||4.31%||46.55%||37.07%||12.07% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Gerd (48 people, 39.67%)
- Depression (19 people, 15.70%)
- Anxiety (17 people, 14.05%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 9.92%)
- Pain (10 people, 8.26%)
- High blood pressure (10 people, 8.26%)
- High blood cholesterol (9 people, 7.44%)
- Anxiety disorder (8 people, 6.61%)
- High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (8 people, 6.61%)
- Insomnia (8 people, 6.61%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Omeprazole (28 people, 23.14%)
- Nexium (19 people, 15.70%)
- Prilosec (14 people, 11.57%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 9.92%)
- Dexilant (11 people, 9.09%)
- Lisinopril (11 people, 9.09%)
- Simvastatin (8 people, 6.61%)
- Pantoprazole (7 people, 5.79%)
- Zantac (7 people, 5.79%)
- Prevacid (7 people, 5.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acid Reflux and Loose Bowel Movements?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who have Loose Bowel Movements and Acid reflux
- support group for people who have Acid reflux
- support group for people who have Loose bowel movements
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Ibuprofen, Plaquenil, Hydroxyzine, Tramadol, Rizatriptan Benzoate, Pantoprazole, Botox for a 51-year old woman with Rash Erythematous, Joint Stiffness, Lupus Erythematosus, Pain - Back, Migraine With Aura, Gerd, Migraine - Classic. The patient has Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Nausea, Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Prilosec Otc, Klonopin, Prilosec Otc, Effexor for a 54-year old woman with Low Egfr, Hiatal Hernia, Anxiety Disorder, Gerd, Major Depression. The patient has Abdominal Pain, Inflammation, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Pain, Diarrhea, Alkaline Phosphatase
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 69-year old man with Gerd. The patient has Nail Bed Infection Fungal, Skin Rash (redness), Headache (pain in head), Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Lightheadedness - Fainting (a common and often unpleasant sensation feeling that one may be about to faint), Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness), Food Craving, Food Aversion (we reject certain foods for a reason), Heartburn - Chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus), Involuntary Body Movements, Facial Tics (uncontrollable spasms in the face, such as blinking of eyes or scrunching of the nose), Diarrhea, Confusion, Gas - Flatulence (act of expelling air from the intestine through anus), Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Dexilant for a 75-year old woman with GERD. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Clonazepam, Flexeril, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Adderall for a 39-year old woman with Acid Reflux, Anxiety, Degenerative Joint Disease, Heart Rate Abnormal, Adhd. The patient has Nausea In The Morning - Females, Sweating Increased, Panic Attacks, Anxiety And Stress, Diarrhoea, Nausea And Vomiting
Recent Acid Reflux related drug comparison:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.