Review: could Acid reflux cause Loose bowel movements?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 8, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.6/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 10,515 people who have Acid reflux. Among them, 102 experience Loose bowel movements (Diarrhea). See who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Acid reflux (latest reports from 43,335 patients) is typically treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Prevacid, Protonix, Prilosec Otc.
Loose bowel movements
Loose bowel movements (weak bowel movement) (latest reports from 1,076,329 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, acupuncture and pain, pain relief by acupuncture.
On Mar, 8, 2014: 10,486 people who have acid reflux are studied. Among them, 102 (0.97%) have Loose Bowel Movements. They amount to 0.01% of all the 1,068,122 people who have Loose Bowel Movements.
Gender of people who have acid reflux and experienced Loose bowel movements * :
|Loose bowel movements||69.90%||30.10% |
Age of people who have acid reflux and experienced Loose bowel movements * :
|Loose bowel movements||0.97%||0.97%||4.85%||4.85%||17.48%||21.36%||22.33%||27.18% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loose bowel movements||4.12%||45.36%||39.18%||11.34% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (16 people, 15.69%)
- Anxiety (13 people, 12.75%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 11.76%)
- High blood cholesterol (7 people, 6.86%)
- Pain (7 people, 6.86%)
- High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (7 people, 6.86%)
- High blood pressure (6 people, 5.88%)
- Insomnia (5 people, 4.90%)
- Anxiety disorder (5 people, 4.90%)
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 4.90%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Omeprazole (21 people, 20.59%)
- Nexium (17 people, 16.67%)
- Prilosec (11 people, 10.78%)
- Dexilant (10 people, 9.80%)
- Aspirin (10 people, 9.80%)
- Lisinopril (9 people, 8.82%)
- Prevacid (7 people, 6.86%)
- Simvastatin (7 people, 6.86%)
- Celexa (6 people, 5.88%)
- Zantac (6 people, 5.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Acid reflux, Loose bowel movements
You can also:
Common treatments for Acid Reflux and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Browse all Acid reflux symptoms from A to Z:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
Been going on for about 1 week. No insurance so I can't go to doctor right now. Did recently recover from strep throat, by using Amoxicillin. I also drank grapefruit juice and orange juice while sick, while taking all above medications. Any suggestions?
From this study (2 months ago):
Chronic severe diarrhea for 4 months
From this study (2 months ago):
bad breath, bleeding, stomach pains, colon soreness
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Acid reflux, Loose bowel movements
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Acid reflux, Loose bowel movements
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Metformin, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Dexilant, Lisinopril for a patient with Vitamin D, Energy Increased, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Anxiety And Stress, Acid Reflux, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Dehydration, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Decreased Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Migraine - Classic (Migraine with aura), Diarrhea, Stomach Pain (Abdominal pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Enalapril Maleate, Bystolic, Omeprazole, Pepcid for a patient with Hypertension, Gerd. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Pantoprazole for a patient with Heartburn. The patient has Diarrhea
More related studies for: Acid reflux, Loose bowel movements
Recent Acid Reflux related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Acid reflux, Loose bowel movements
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.