Home > Acid reflux > Loose bowel movements > Acid reflux and Loose bowel movements
Review: could Acid reflux cause Loose bowel movements (Diarrhea)?
We study 11,153 people who have Acid reflux from FDA and social media. Among them, 114 have Loose bowel movements (Diarrhea). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Acid reflux and Loose bowel movements >>>
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) (latest reports from 45,637 patients) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Prevacid, Protonix, Prilosec Otc.
Loose bowel movements
Loose bowel movements (weak bowel movement) (latest reports from 1,103,712 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.
On Sep, 11, 2014: 11,085 people who have acid reflux are studied. Among them, 112 (1.01%) have Loose Bowel Movements.
Gender of people who have acid reflux and experienced Loose bowel movements * :
|Loose bowel movements||68.14%||31.86% |
Age of people who have acid reflux and experienced Loose bowel movements * :
|Loose bowel movements||0.89%||0.89%||4.46%||6.25%||16.07%||23.21%||21.43%||27.68% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loose bowel movements||4.67%||44.86%||39.25%||11.21% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Gerd (41 people, 36.61%)
- Depression (17 people, 15.18%)
- Anxiety (16 people, 14.29%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 10.71%)
- High blood pressure (9 people, 8.04%)
- High blood cholesterol (9 people, 8.04%)
- High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (8 people, 7.14%)
- Pain (7 people, 6.25%)
- Non-cardiac chest pain (6 people, 5.36%)
- Heartburn (6 people, 5.36%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Omeprazole (26 people, 23.21%)
- Nexium (18 people, 16.07%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 10.71%)
- Prilosec (11 people, 9.82%)
- Dexilant (11 people, 9.82%)
- Lisinopril (11 people, 9.82%)
- Simvastatin (8 people, 7.14%)
- Prevacid (7 people, 6.25%)
- Vitamin d (6 people, 5.36%)
- Lipitor (6 people, 5.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acid Reflux and Loose Bowel Movements?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Loose Bowel Movements and Acid reflux
- group for people who have Acid reflux
- group for people who have Loose Bowel Movements
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 day ago):
Had a liver ultrasound that showed everything was normal. Also had a bone scan with normal outcomes. Tests done because of elevated ALP. I have been referred to a rheumatologist and first available appointment is October 15th. Worried because I have pain all over my body and I am weak. Also have severe fatigue.
From this study (4 days ago):
I started taking garcinia cambogia to lose some weight, but three days after taking it I began to have diarreah, green stool, and awful sharp stomach pains.
Applezq on Sep, 5, 2014:
Male 55 Hep C for 35 years
I took Garcia too. Stomach aching and some diarrhea and you know what ? It didn't work. Stop taking them !@ lol I just went on a lower calorie diet (1500 cal/day + exercise-walk 2-3 miles) and lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks and it hasn't come back.
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Have had diarrreah since my acid reflux; now it can be solid at times, watery stools, and or floating pieces of stool. I also am incredibly anxious brought on by all this. My anxiety is over the top.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I am suffering from gerd, should i continue my pantoprazole medicines of shall i go for surgery.. i have to eat medicine twice a week
I am 26, unmarried & a salesperson, i drive almost 100km a day(4 hours) , i spend most of time sitting in the car or in the office. I have the heartburn issue(GERD) & from last 6 months as consulted by doctor i am taking Pantoprazole medicines. 1 tablet effect last for 3 days. Now should i go ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- How should i take metozolv odt (to help empty my stomach and omeprazole - bicarb 40-1,10 (for reflux). one says on empty stomach, the other 1 hour brfore meals
Had cancer of the esophagus and stomach (tumor at the junction. Did chemo and radiation, had surgery, more chemo, clean pet scan. Now I cannot empty my stomach, and I suffer vomiting and acid reflux at night. I was given the Omepazole for the acid reflux and vomiting, then they discovered it was cau ...
More questions for: Acid reflux, Loose bowel movements
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- My t.d. and my living hell
I was dianosed with T.D. on Sept. 19, 2013...by a neurologist at St. Peters Hospital in Albany, NY...I was taken there because of concern that I had suffered a stroke...since then, life for, not only me, but my family has pretty much come to a screeching halt...I seemed to have hit the jackpot as fa ...
More reviews for: Acid reflux, Loose bowel movements
Common treatments for Acid Reflux and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Acid reflux symptoms:
Loose Bowel Movements related symptom studies:
- Loose Bowel Movements in Arthritis - rheumatoid (4,566 reports)
- Loose Bowel Movements in Blood pressure increased (7,882 reports)
- Loose Bowel Movements in Blood pressure (7,465 reports)
- Loose Bowel Movements in Depression (4,494 reports)
- Loose Bowel Movements in Hypercholesterolaemia (3,936 reports)
- Loose Bowel Movements in Ms (3,260 reports)
- Loose Bowel Movements in Osteoporosis (4,399 reports)
- Loose Bowel Movements in Pain (4,528 reports)
- Loose Bowel Movements in Regional enteritis (3,665 reports)
- Loose Bowel Movements in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (4,280 reports)
Acid Reflux is also known as: GERD, Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease, Gastroesophageal reflux disease, Gerds, Heartburn, Heartburn - chronic, Non-cardiac chest pain, Peptic esophagitis, Pyrosis, Reflux, Reflux esophagitis.
Loose Bowel Movements is also known as: Diarrhea, Diarrhoea, Frequent bowel movements, Stools - watery.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.