Home > Acid reflux > Sudden hearing loss > Acid reflux and Sudden hearing loss
Review: could Acid reflux cause Sudden hearing loss?
We study 11,215 people who have Acid reflux from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Sudden hearing loss. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Acid reflux and Sudden hearing loss >>>
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) (latest reports from 46,017 patients) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid, Prilosec Otc.
Sudden hearing loss
Sudden hearing loss (latest reports from 3,751 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 11,190 people who have acid reflux are studied. Among them, 5 (0.04%) have Sudden Hearing Loss.
Gender of people who have acid reflux and experienced Sudden hearing loss * :
|Sudden hearing loss||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have acid reflux and experienced Sudden hearing loss * :
|Sudden hearing loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||75.00%||25.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sudden hearing loss||0.00%||60.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (2 people, 40.00%)
- Low thyroid (2 people, 40.00%)
- High blood pressure (2 people, 40.00%)
- Gerd (2 people, 40.00%)
- Feeling hot (1 people, 20.00%)
- Menopausal symptoms (1 people, 20.00%)
- High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (1 people, 20.00%)
- Blood pressure - high (1 people, 20.00%)
- Heartburn (1 people, 20.00%)
- Arthritis (1 people, 20.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Omeprazole (2 people, 40.00%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (1 people, 20.00%)
- Simvastatin (1 people, 20.00%)
- Prilosec otc (1 people, 20.00%)
- Climara (1 people, 20.00%)
- Synthroid (1 people, 20.00%)
- Progesterone (1 people, 20.00%)
- Pantoprazole sodium (1 people, 20.00%)
- Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide (1 people, 20.00%)
- Balziva-21 (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acid Reflux and Sudden Hearing Loss?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Sudden Hearing Loss and Acid reflux
- support group for people who have Acid reflux
- support group for people who have Sudden Hearing Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
I also took 800 mg on 2 occasions in April after dental work, but not since then.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I am suffering from gerd, should i continue my pantoprazole medicines of shall i go for surgery.. i have to eat medicine twice a week
I am 26, unmarried & a salesperson, i drive almost 100km a day(4 hours) , i spend most of time sitting in the car or in the office. I have the heartburn issue(GERD) & from last 6 months as consulted by doctor i am taking Pantoprazole medicines. 1 tablet effect last for 3 days. Now should i go ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- How should i take metozolv odt (to help empty my stomach and omeprazole - bicarb 40-1,10 (for reflux). one says on empty stomach, the other 1 hour brfore meals
Had cancer of the esophagus and stomach (tumor at the junction. Did chemo and radiation, had surgery, more chemo, clean pet scan. Now I cannot empty my stomach, and I suffer vomiting and acid reflux at night. I was given the Omepazole for the acid reflux and vomiting, then they discovered it was cau ...
More questions for: Acid reflux, Sudden hearing loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Acid reflux, Sudden hearing loss
Common treatments for Acid Reflux and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Acid reflux symptoms:
Sudden Hearing Loss related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.