Acid reflux and Heart pounding - from FDA reports
Heart pounding is found among people with Acid reflux, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Nexium and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Heart pounding with Acid reflux. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,063 people who have Acid reflux from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
1,063 people who have Acid Reflux and Heart Pounding are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Acid Reflux and experience Heart Pounding *:
- female: 73.86 %
- male: 26.14 %
Age of people who have Acid Reflux and experience Heart Pounding *:
- 0-1: 0.45 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.25 %
- 20-29: 3.06 %
- 30-39: 8.85 %
- 40-49: 16.69 %
- 50-59: 25.54 %
- 60+: 44.15 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (260 people, 24.46%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (189 people, 17.78%)
- Depression (136 people, 12.79%)
- Stress And Anxiety (120 people, 11.29%)
- Pain (117 people, 11.01%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (280 people, 26.34%)
- Prilosec (134 people, 12.61%)
- Prevacid (120 people, 11.29%)
- Synthroid (110 people, 10.35%)
- Protonix (89 people, 8.37%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Dizziness (257 people, 24.18%)
- Chest Pain (252 people, 23.71%)
- Breathing Difficulty (232 people, 21.83%)
- Stress And Anxiety (215 people, 20.23%)
- Nausea (185 people, 17.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Heart pounding and Acid reflux?
- Check symptoms - is your heart pounding caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHeart pounding and Acid reflux from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid (latest reports from 144,254 Acid reflux patients)
Heart pounding has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 81,262 Heart pounding patients).
Browse all symptoms of Acid refluxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Heart poundingHeart pounding
Other conditions that could case Heart poundingHeart pounding
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I have been taking Propanol for a week and I feel terrible. I am getting bad palpitation's and breathlessness. Im tired all the time and very panicky. Is this normal or should I stop taking them as I feel my life is not my own anymore and I cant stand this feeling anymore. I tried to contact my ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Does this give you heart palpitations? does drinking with it do it? I have the runs and the palpitations also been on this for 4 days now three more to go feel very on edge, anxiety, shakey do not like it. I have Aprazolam at have to take it also to combat this.
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Have taken over-the- counter loratadine 10mg periodically (not every day) for probably over 10 years during high seasonal allergy seasons or when working in situations were dust, fumes or grass/tree/pollen would cause allergies or sinus infections. It works great for reducing allergy symptoms. ...
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...