Acid reflux and Sudden hearing loss - from FDA reports
Sudden hearing loss is found among people with Acid reflux, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Actos and have Diabetes. This review analyzes which people have Sudden hearing loss with Acid reflux. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26 people who have Acid reflux from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
26 people who have Acid Reflux and Sudden Hearing Loss are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Acid Reflux and experience Sudden Hearing Loss *:
- female: 31.82 %
- male: 68.18 %
Age of people who have Acid Reflux and experience Sudden Hearing Loss *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 7.69 %
- 30-39: 15.38 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 30.77 %
- 60+: 46.15 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Diabetes (5 people, 19.23%)
- Pain (4 people, 15.38%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (4 people, 15.38%)
- Blood Phosphorus Decreased (3 people, 11.54%)
- Arterial Disorder (3 people, 11.54%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (5 people, 19.23%)
- Actos (5 people, 19.23%)
- Vytorin (4 people, 15.38%)
- Lantus (4 people, 15.38%)
- Humalog (4 people, 15.38%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Oedema Peripheral (4 people, 15.38%)
- Transplant Failure (3 people, 11.54%)
- Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (3 people, 11.54%)
- Dehydration (3 people, 11.54%)
- Abdominal Pain (3 people, 11.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Sudden hearing loss and Acid reflux?
- Check symptoms - is your sudden hearing loss caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSudden hearing loss and Acid reflux from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid (latest reports from 144,260 Acid reflux patients)
Sudden Hearing Loss
Sudden hearing loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, erection problems, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 1,504 Sudden hearing loss patients).
Browse all symptoms of Acid refluxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Sudden hearing lossSudden hearing loss
Other conditions that could case Sudden hearing lossSudden hearing loss
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
I am somewhat relieved to know that my hearing loss could be related to taking carvedilol. I have been told that hearing loss is probably due to aging, but there is no history of genetic hearing loss in my mother who died at 94 or my three uncles on my dad's side who were all in their 90's. It ...
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...