Acute kidney failure and Hyperkalaemia - from FDA reports
Hyperkalaemia is found among people with Acute kidney failure, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Furosemide and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Hyperkalaemia with Acute kidney failure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 49 people who have Acute kidney failure from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 17, 2017
49 people who have Acute Kidney Failure and Hyperkalaemia are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Acute Kidney Failure and experience Hyperkalaemia *:
- female: 31.91 %
- male: 68.09 %
Age of people who have Acute Kidney Failure and experience Hyperkalaemia *:
- 0-1: 2.38 %
- 2-9: 2.38 %
- 10-19: 7.14 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 19.05 %
- 50-59: 7.14 %
- 60+: 61.9 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (20 people, 40.82%)
- Pain (9 people, 18.37%)
- Pulmonary Embolism (7 people, 14.29%)
- Kaposi's Sarcoma (7 people, 14.29%)
- Insomnia (7 people, 14.29%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Furosemide (13 people, 26.53%)
- Ramipril (12 people, 24.49%)
- Pantoprazole Sodium (9 people, 18.37%)
- Kayexalate (9 people, 18.37%)
- Aranesp (9 people, 18.37%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Blood Creatinine Increased (12 people, 24.49%)
- Renal Failure Acute (11 people, 22.45%)
- Nephrotic Syndrome (11 people, 22.45%)
- Weakness (10 people, 20.41%)
- Anaemia (10 people, 20.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hyperkalaemia and Acute kidney failure?
- Check symptoms - is your hyperkalaemia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHyperkalaemia and Acute kidney failure from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Acute Kidney Failure
Acute kidney failure (latest reports from 87,300 Acute kidney failure patients)
Hyperkalaemia (damage to or disease of the kidney) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, diabetes, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter (latest reports from 40,553 Hyperkalaemia patients).
Browse all symptoms of Acute kidney failurea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause HyperkalaemiaHyperkalaemia
Other conditions that could case HyperkalaemiaHyperkalaemia
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Hello guys, My name is favour i'm 39 male I have been using dexamethasone(tablets) with Cyproheptadine(caplet), i was too skinny and i needed to add up some flesh and based on a friend's advice i started taking one caplet of Cyproheptadine daily and 1mg of dexacortin(dexamethasone) , in no ...
I have had noonan sysdrom since birth and hyperkalemia for several years. I am beginning to think they ae related, but it's too rare a combination for anyhone to kn ow about it. Can hyperkalemia be part olf te Noonan syndrome complex of problems?
when metformin was used for my diabetes my complete metabolic panel was normal but sitagliptin was added and my kidney function started getting abnormal. I stopped taking metformin per my md and 3months later my kidney functions got worse. lactic acid level also went up.
Hello, I was diagnosed with hyperkalemia, and have started a round of antibiotics to treat an abscess tooth. In the past i have taken a probiotic with my antibiotic but am hesitant in doing so as I am not sure if it would spike my hyperkalemia.
You may be interested in these reviews
I have always suffered from headaches. I had colitis so I was limited to taking Tylenol. the last year or so my headaches have gotten worse so I increased the Tylenol. my potassium readings are going up. 2 different doctors dispute the fact that Tylenol can raise your potassium. I am at my ...