Review: could Ankylosing spondylitis cause Constipation?
We study 18,781 people who have Ankylosing spondylitis from FDA and social media. Among them, 86 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Ankylosing spondylitis and Constipation >>>
Ankylosing spondylitis (latest reports from 31,702 patients) can be treated by Humira, Enbrel, Remicade, Sulfasalazine, Celebrex, Methotrexate.
Constipation (latest reports from 511,046 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Aug, 14, 2014: 18,779 people who have ankylosing spondylitis are studied. Among them, 86 (0.46%) have Constipation. They amount to 0.02% of all the 509,192 people who have Constipation on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have ankylosing spondylitis and experienced Constipation * :
Age of people who have ankylosing spondylitis and experienced Constipation * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pain (9 people, 10.47%)
- Arthritis (8 people, 9.30%)
- Depression (8 people, 9.30%)
- Hypothyroidism (8 people, 9.30%)
- Anxiety (5 people, 5.81%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (5 people, 5.81%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 5.81%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 4.65%)
- Hypoaesthesia (3 people, 3.49%)
- Paraesthesia (3 people, 3.49%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Humira (41 people, 47.67%)
- Enbrel (14 people, 16.28%)
- Remicade (12 people, 13.95%)
- Vioxx (9 people, 10.47%)
- Lyrica (6 people, 6.98%)
- Methotrexate (6 people, 6.98%)
- Cymbalta (5 people, 5.81%)
- Lorazepam (5 people, 5.81%)
- Simvastatin (5 people, 5.81%)
- Celebrex (4 people, 4.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Constipation and Ankylosing spondylitis
- group for people who have Ankylosing spondylitis
- group for people who have Constipation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
constipated for 7 days with no bowel movement.
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Started and got gradually worse and doesn't go away. Use to come and go . Extreme dizziness sometimes I feel faint and vision gets kinda double almost. Been going on for 3 weeks. Can't take heart meds cause pulse is 65 but blood pressure is running 127/97
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Ankylosing spondylitis, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- Lithium constipation and tremor
After taking Lithium Carb for about three months, I realize I've been moderately constipated for several weeks. I also have been nauseous and suddenly realize that it's probably related to the nausea and maybe the cause of it.
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
More reviews for: Ankylosing spondylitis, Constipation
Common treatments for Ankylosing Spondylitis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Ankylosing spondylitis symptoms:
Constipation related symptom studies:
- Constipation in Blood pressure (2,747 reports)
- Constipation in Blood triglycerides increased (1,978 reports)
- Constipation in Depression (2,363 reports)
- Constipation in Hypertension (3,026 reports)
- Constipation in Multiple myeloma (1,756 reports)
- Constipation in Multiple sclerosis (1,502 reports)
- Constipation in Osteoporosis (3,306 reports)
- Constipation in Pain (3,215 reports)
- Constipation in Tobacco abuse (1,725 reports)
- Constipation in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (1,507 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.