Home > Ankylosing spondylitis > Constipation > Ankylosing spondylitis and Constipation
Review: could Ankylosing spondylitis cause Constipation?
We study 18,789 people who have Ankylosing spondylitis from FDA and social media. Among them, 86 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Ankylosing spondylitis and Constipation >>>
Ankylosing spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine) (latest reports from 30,802 patients) can be treated by Humira, Enbrel, Remicade, Sulfasalazine, Celebrex, Methotrexate.
Constipation (latest reports from 515,372 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 18,786 people who have ankylosing spondylitis are studied. Among them, 86 (0.46%) have Constipation.
Gender of people who have ankylosing spondylitis and experienced Constipation * :
Age of people who have ankylosing spondylitis and experienced Constipation * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Spondylitis (22 people, 25.58%)
- Pain (9 people, 10.47%)
- Arthritis (8 people, 9.30%)
- Depression (8 people, 9.30%)
- Hypothyroidism (8 people, 9.30%)
- Anxiety (5 people, 5.81%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (5 people, 5.81%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 5.81%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 4.65%)
- Hypoaesthesia (3 people, 3.49%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Humira (41 people, 47.67%)
- Enbrel (14 people, 16.28%)
- Remicade (12 people, 13.95%)
- Vioxx (9 people, 10.47%)
- Lyrica (6 people, 6.98%)
- Methotrexate (6 people, 6.98%)
- Cymbalta (5 people, 5.81%)
- Lorazepam (5 people, 5.81%)
- Simvastatin (5 people, 5.81%)
- Celebrex (4 people, 4.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ankylosing Spondylitis and Constipation?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Constipation and Ankylosing spondylitis
- support group for people who have Ankylosing spondylitis
- support group for people who have Constipation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 day ago):
I HAVE HAD A PURITIC RED SPLOTCHY RASH OVER MOST OF MY BODY FOR THREE DAYS NOW. IT ITCHES SOME; BUT NOT SEVERELY. NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT SYMPTOMS.
From this study (2 days ago):
Possible stomach blockage, pharmaceutical bezoar.
Oxycontin 30 mg every 12 hours is far less effective than oxycodone 15 mg every 6 hours.
From this study (6 days ago):
Breast Cancer in 2008, Positive node, Phyllodes tumor on chest wall, Tendonosis, Bursitis, osteoarthritis
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Ankylosing spondylitis, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Humira: my experience
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
More reviews for: Ankylosing spondylitis, Constipation
Common treatments for Ankylosing Spondylitis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Ankylosing spondylitis symptoms:
Constipation related symptom studies:
- Constipation in Blood pressure (2,747 reports)
- Constipation in Depression (2,375 reports)
- Constipation in Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (1,508 reports)
- Constipation in Hyperlipidemia (1,978 reports)
- Constipation in Hypertension (3,035 reports)
- Constipation in Multiple myeloma (1,757 reports)
- Constipation in Multiple sclerosis (1,502 reports)
- Constipation in Osteoporosis (3,306 reports)
- Constipation in Pain (3,220 reports)
- Constipation in Stop smoking (1,725 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Fentanyl-50 for a 52-year old man who has Degenerative Joint Disease (46 minutes ago)
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (1 hour ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Arachnoid Cyst
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (7 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (8 hours ago)
- Synthroid (abbott) 0.1mg
- Detrusor Instability
- Pancreatitis Chronic
- Bone Marrow Ischaemia
- Splinter Haemorrhages