Review: could Ankylosing spondylitis cause Rash?
We study 18,769 people who have Ankylosing spondylitis from FDA and social media. Among them, 623 have Rash (Rashes). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Ankylosing spondylitis and Rash >>>
Ankylosing spondylitis (latest reports from 30,698 patients) are typically treated by Humira, Enbrel, Remicade, Sulfasalazine, Celebrex, Methotrexate.
Rash (redness) (latest reports from 969,301 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression.
On Jul, 14, 2014: 18,767 people who have ankylosing spondylitis are studied. Among them, 630 (3.36%) have Rash. They amount to 0.06% of all the 970,040 people who have Rash on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have ankylosing spondylitis and experienced Rash * :
Age of people who have ankylosing spondylitis and experienced Rash * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pain (55 people, 8.73%)
- Hypertension (38 people, 6.03%)
- Vitamin supplementation (27 people, 4.29%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (27 people, 4.29%)
- Arthritis (26 people, 4.13%)
- Gastric disorder (23 people, 3.65%)
- Prophylaxis (22 people, 3.49%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (21 people, 3.33%)
- Hypothyroidism (20 people, 3.17%)
- Psoriasis (20 people, 3.17%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Humira (279 people, 44.29%)
- Enbrel (248 people, 39.37%)
- Remicade (181 people, 28.73%)
- Methotrexate (98 people, 15.56%)
- Sulfasalazine (58 people, 9.21%)
- Prednisolone (53 people, 8.41%)
- Folic acid (41 people, 6.51%)
- Prednisone (35 people, 5.56%)
- Omeprazole (34 people, 5.40%)
- Simponi (31 people, 4.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Rash and Ankylosing spondylitis
- group for people who have Ankylosing spondylitis
- group for people who have Rash
Common treatments for Ankylosing Spondylitis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
Rash on upper thigh of right leg. Area approx 75 sq. cm.
From this study (3 years ago):
Methotrexate was added to manage the undesired antibody reaction. This seems to help some.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Ankylosing spondylitis, Rash
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Skin rash in diclofenac potassium
After a car accident in 2011 I took Diclofenac for back & shoulder off and on for about a year. During that time I developed random spots usually on my arms and legs that itch severely and sometimes get infected. I still suffer from the itchy spots and I am DESPERATE for a cure for my agony. I ha ...
More reviews for: Ankylosing spondylitis, Rash
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.