Antacid therapy and Glaucoma - from FDA reports
Glaucoma is found among people with Antacid therapy, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, take medication Atacand and have Analgesic therapy. This review analyzes which people have Glaucoma with Antacid therapy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7 people who have Antacid therapy from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 14, 2017
7 people who have Antacid Therapy and Glaucoma are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Antacid Therapy and experience Glaucoma *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Antacid Therapy and experience Glaucoma *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 57.14 %
- 60+: 42.86 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Oral Herpes (4 people, 57.14%)
- Oral Fungal Infection (4 people, 57.14%)
- Hiv Infection (4 people, 57.14%)
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (4 people, 57.14%)
- Analgesic Therapy (4 people, 57.14%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Xalatan (4 people, 57.14%)
- Valtrex (4 people, 57.14%)
- Kaletra (4 people, 57.14%)
- Diflucan (4 people, 57.14%)
- Atacand (4 people, 57.14%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection (4 people, 57.14%)
- Retinal Haemorrhage (4 people, 57.14%)
- Rashes (4 people, 57.14%)
- Pneumonia (4 people, 57.14%)
- Indigestion (4 people, 57.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Glaucoma and Antacid therapy?
- Check symptoms - is your glaucoma caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGlaucoma and Antacid therapy from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Antacid therapy can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Zantac 150, Ranitidine (latest reports from 1,319 Antacid therapy patients)
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 32,175 Glaucoma patients).
Browse all symptoms of Antacid therapya b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause GlaucomaGlaucoma
Other conditions that could case GlaucomaGlaucoma
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I have been on Xalatan and Asopt for over 10 yrs. I recently changed doctors and he stopped all drops 2 months ago. Within 5 days I developed severe headaches 3-4 days per wk. I have never suffered from headaches previously. My pressures are remaining in the low to mid 20s and he claims it has ...
I am a 53 year old female and was injured working with very violent, low functioning children with autism. After many surgeries I am now on disability. As many of you on disability and am chronic pain, I am so fed up with the "system". Either it be the government or doctors. It is so hard ...
I had a trabeculectomy and cataract removal 15 years ago. A few years ago, a retinal specialist informed me that I had a wrinkled retina due to spike in pressure in my left eye after my surgery. This year my pressure began to drop in my left eye - from 10 to 8 to 4 and now it's back to 6. My ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I was diagnosed with Closed angle Glaucoma, two years ago. It was a complete shock to me, as I had regular visits to my optician, my eye pressure was always ok. But I was seeing rainbows around lights and my eyes were always extremely fatigued at night, or when I was socialising having to focus ...
I am a glucoma patient and taking gabapentine and clonozapam for my anxiety but i am constantly feeling burning pain in my stomach which start right from awakening till i sleep.Previously i was taking Amitrytpline which was not so bad but my health care put me off on this medicine.can any nice ...